[Suggestion] The Main Reason Infils Don't Work In PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TRspy007, Apr 19, 2020.

1. TRspy007

Lol I'm still amazed you can type garbage like this with a straight face, and act like you've contributed anything. You really do belong as an infiltrator, you're a huge troll.

"Tell you what, OP. Go here, type in your player ID and tell us what percentage of your deaths have been to snipers. If it's more than 10% I will genuinely be surprised."

You asked, I delivered. Woof! Go be genuinely surprised. You count on numbers only when they interest you, and fail to see the great picture. You're the guy that thinks spikes in ice cream sales causes good weather.

I didn't bother calculating my deaths to carbines/lmgs, go do that to one of your characters if you're really curious. Based on the thing, deaths to vehicles seemed to be the highest. And as I said and pointed out with the shared stats, Carbines are less used than snipers.

If I was the sole guy who decide if planetside 2 was fair and balanced, maybe the game wouldn't have a crumbling playerbase, and I wouldn't be trying to start discussion on how to fix it with you clowns. It's also a double edge sword.

And yeah bud, you sound like you just joined the other day, but the nerf to heavies and the asp/implants means there's way less heavies than before. WAY less.

My double standard? You're really full of sh*t, or at least rubbed your face so much in in you'e goat a sheer coating of it preventing your senses. People complained about C4 - it got a nerfed. People complained about shotgun ambushers + aerial combatant, it got nerfed. What's wrong with nightmare since as you claim the cloak and 1hk capability is perfectly fair, and I'm sure shotguns account for less than 10% of deaths. MAXes are memes, people complain there's not enough of them to finish their directives. Yup there's a lot of unfair ways, I'm targeting this one (and air) in particular, because unlike the others, they have never at least tried to be addressed. And I'm not just speaking on behalf of myself.

Yeah, do you even read what you type? Your whole point in your posts is to convey that dying to an infiltrator is an anomaly, and just deal with it. "Yes, you die to snipers. No, they do not represent a majority, or even a significant number of your deaths." "The snipers who can be more threatening than other classes in objective gameplay are a statistical anomaly.""
    Dying to a skilled CQC bolter is like a shark attack, where dying to a skilled heavy assault is like a car wreck. Both will kill you but one is a lot more common and still kills you just as dead."

Ok? And those are just a few of the occasions you try to downplay the effectiveness of the infiltrator against other classes. There's a reason people use them, and it's not a "statistical anomaly" to encounter more than one that can instagib effectively.

The old data is the best thing we have so far, and as I mentioned, there's no reason why people suddenly decided to quit playing infil. Based on in-game observations, there has been a huge spike in infiltrators over the years. As I said, you either don't play the game or you're got your head so far up your *** it doesn't matter what's in front of you, you won't see it.

yeah, I'm aware of the fisu, which is why I didn't link it. Each time I looked, says infils are at least the second highest killers. But I'm guessing they were 0 when you looked right? That's why I didn't link data that fluctuates like that, especially when you're proved you lack the ability to reason and extrapolate with it. Really, data can be manipulated, misinterpreted, miscalculated or simply irrelevant, yet you call for it and act like it's the word of God, and not a tool meant to suggest a certain conclusion.

Here's an example, if you even bother reading this stuff. There is a team in marketing, they are given a certain budget to spend, on advertising/sales etc. They go over the budget, each month spending more and more on advertising, and push back the "debt" for another month. When it comes to do the monthly report, they can provide a huge growth in revenue, and it seems their strategy is working extremely well. When you look at the bigger picture, you see the company has over 17.2 million USD in debt (just in the marketing department), that it's been pushing back for 2 years.

You are the guy that sees the monthly revenue and thinks: "everything is going great, I can shut off my brain now, those were the numbers I wanted to see".

"I don't care who you are or where you play bud, sorry. But if you're going to keep playing stupid games you're going to start winning stupid prizes." Maybe that's the problem? You don't care about anything, just tryna waste people's times with no regard to contributing anything of use or value to maybe improve the game. Also great job once again with the cliche quote that just backfires against you. You're just so stupid you don't even realize you're playing the stupid game, much less that you are winning.

According to my numbers, the infiltrator is the second most played class, and according to yours as well. The only reason the engineer has a few percentage more is because it's the go to class for vehicles, but when you check the fisu for kills, you can see the infil is far ahead. Being the second highest class for kills is pretty weird considering how little effective players there are right? Also have you checked the number of heavy assault deaths? It's almost higher than their kills lol. It's not enough to look at data dude, you actually need to analyze it. Although I guess we can thank idiots like you, since not everyone is able to do that, it's a pretty well wanted job.

Yeah dude, I'm a wizard of common sense. Like the game, I extrapolate based on in game observations and the little stats shared about the topic. I mention to take it with a grain of salt, but nothing indicates it's not a realistic claim, the little evidence there is supports it. Ofc, if you have the time and want to hopefully find enlightenment, work on finding us more recent information about the most played classes.
    And once again force me to repeat myself. Just scroll up dude, or for once read what you say before you post.

On Miller, infils surpass the heavy assault with number of kills (1st place).

On Cobalt infils surpass by far the number of heavy assault kills (1st place).

On emerald they are second.

Only on Soltech does the number fall down to 3rd place.

What does all this even prove? Infil is the second most used class? Is it the first? Who cares how many people play it, or how many times others and I have "complained" about them. The point is being 1hk by something you can't see (sure, clientside can be blamed for that) at ranges far past a shotgun without the need to spend nanites on a tank (which isn't always 1hk btw, you'll be surprised how many people wear flak, and that's only if you're using AP).

If that's the game you want to play, at least read the stats you're quoting. You claim one thing and ridiculously contradict yourself in the other. I'm glad it amuses you and you're a fool that doesn't care about anything, but at least try to have some self-respect, unlike me who continues replying to you *****.
    • Up x 1
  2. TRspy007

*au lieu

If you're gonna try to use French to add sophistication to your foolishness, at least do it correctly, or just make sure the guy you say it too is as ignorant of a fool as you, and doesn't have a slight educational background that enables him to see through your bs.

Quit hoping all over the place with contradictory "arguments", and quit pretending you're not saying things once even you realize how flawed they are.
  3. LordKrelas

Greetings I wish to inform you, Halo has Invisibility; Where you don't see anything. As it isn't visible.
    Planetside; you can see the Infiltrator in full Cloak. As it is visible.
    Darklights are to not make invisible objects seen, they are to Light them up, so it goes from visible to NEON BRIGHT LIGHT.

The rest I couldn't be bothered.
    As you literally believe Invisibility, is something you can see, and that Darklights which make them Neon, are to make them visible, instead of Just highlighting the **** out them.

Did it never occur to you, that if they were invisible, They wouldn't be possible to ever see, and no abilities, Implants or similar would influence or mention their cloak strength \ visibility, since it would be Completely invisible.
    It isn't, it instead is a visible simmering outline of the entire character, with a warping effect, this effect is best at range.
    This is how People who understand what Visibility is, Shoot them in the head while they are cloaked.
    You can't do that, to an invisible Target, as they're invisible, you can't actually see them.

Play Halo for a bit, their actual Invisible Elites are Invisible; hence why in that game series, when they Ignite the Sword, that is physically all you can see.
    As they actually invisible; There is no tells, no warping, or similar, until they do.

In planetside, There is numerous visual artificating, warping, and a strict outline of the Infiltrator, which gets worse if it moves & isn't crouched.
    Half of rookie Deaths as Infiltrators, is likely as they're stupid enough to think their cloak is invisibility - Which leads to their death, as they're not invisible, They are outlined.

If you can see it, it ain't Invisible.
    It's Visible. No wonder you can't manage to kill an Infiltrator, you apparently can't see.
    A darklight's job, is to turn the Target Neon, which at night, is actually useful, and confirms the infiltrator.
    It isn't since they're Invisible; It's since they're harder to see, and the Darklight makes them a neon-target to be mauled.

IE, it confirms their Death, doesn't enable it - Anyone with practice can see an Infiltrator casually at short-range.
    Experienced guys can spot them even further out.
    Others can spot them at night - Most of these guys, are attentive, and pack a Commissioner.
    This gun will then one-shot the Infiltrator at close-range - However, while the Infil is cloaked, it is still visible, and is unarmed.
    If you start firing while they're cloaked, You've basically killed them, as they will be delayed by clientside on top of reaction time.

Blind Fool.
  4. TRspy007

Noice!

Your entire claim is that I'm an 8 year veteran who can't see. I guess I'm blind, and you're ********.

As I mentioned before, based on positioning, settings, suit slot, and there's even an implant (deep operative) that makes you invisible. That's why people spent hours chasing down stalkers trying to flip points, instead of running straight towards them with their comi and instagibbing the guy (only works if the infil isn't wearing aux shield). Or are you simply the only player in the game blessed with vision?

Even now, I would love to see you find a stalker in one of those outdoor capture points. We've lost fights at the crown simply because everyone who went to clear D was "blind" as you put it, and spent half an hour looking for something that's so easy to see.

If you're actually serious about this dude, then wow, you should be a surgeon or something, because you've got some X-Ray vision lmao.

And as you mention, the fact darklights are broken shouldn't be a problem, it's even a wonder they added them since the infiltrator's ability is to become visible amirite? That's gnarly dude, but simply not actual gameplay.

I guess if you main a stalker infil, you might be running your game on ultra high settings, since you don't need fps to sit around and do nothing in a corner, but for people who play the game, low settings are a must. Maybe they aren't invisible if you strain your eyes or you're a mutant, but they're at least pretty damn close at least below high settings.

I really can't believe you just tried saying infiltrators can't become invisible. Are you delusional or are you simply confusing Planetside 2 with f*gg*tside 2? Cuz your idea of dealing with these literally invisible stalkers is irrational and in no way mimics gameplay (and not just mine).

Not sure what kinda game you play, but it's definitely not this one. Keep on repeating your nonsense, you might actually end up convincing yourself.
  5. That_One_Kane_Guy

'lieu' is Latin, you ignorant cretin.
    You are about 1000 years too young to be as full of **** as you are.

I honestly cannot be arsed to dissect your walls of ignorance all over again, as that is a chore on the order of scraping roadkill off the highway: unpleasant, but utterly devoid of intellectual stimulus.

You are a disingenuous, toxic, snake of an individual and this forum suffers greatly from the lack of moderation which is the only explanation for your continued presence.

For the record, since you declined to share your Player ID so we could check your numbers, I did a little digging and found the following:
    TRspy007 - 5428316104356186673
    VerifiedTRspy007 - 5428861139968913217
    Needless to say, if these truly are you, you are a lying coward.
    • Up x 1
  6. LordKrelas

A Vet doesn't mean you're actually decent.
    You can play Planetside2 for 17+ years, and be the worst shot, helpless as hell in an MBT, without any flight-hours.
    So 8 year veteran doing what? You claim infiltrators are invisible, when they aren't.

You believe an Implant is to make invisible, when it doesn't.

You seem to believe Stalkers being unable to cap a point is due to invisibility, rather than Hiding while crouched in cramped spots near the capture-point - They're not invisible, they're hiding in as cramped spots as possible.
    If they were invisible, You could just set C-4 off next to the Cap point & kill them, as they wouldn't bother actually hiding.

Does it say Invisible? No.
    In actual usage is it? No.
    Is that implant ****? Yes. Actually try it.

I'm used to squads & random nuts, being able to see the very obvious Shimmer, as we call it.
    It's quite common, and was, on Connery to Shoot infiltrators in their full cloak, stalkers too', and is still common on Emerald.
    As they're not invisible, they're literally obvious if you pay attention.

Stalker Infil isn't my main, as that isn't all that entertaining to use.
    I use near any class to get the Job done, That means Medics, Engineers Heavy-Assaults, and Light Assaults.
    Snipers, is for when a single target needs to be removed, or I'm wanting to enjoy some head-shots.
    While my SMG is for disrupting enemy cap points by running blind idiots down.

I'm more often than not, killing the Infiltrator with a sidearm, than I am running one.
    As more often, I need an LA, so I can blow up a Sunderer, grenade a Beacon, or fly through a window to take out a defense line.

Maybe I have a better machine? As I can see them damn easily.
    As it has an entire shimmer, that gets even more obvious if they move; **** the darklight, I have eyes.
    Why do they exist? So you can literally light up an Infiltrator like a christmass tree for allies?
    It's not for invisibility, as then: How the **** would you aim the small-as-****-cone, and know when to use it?
    And then you have to ask: How the **** is it common knowledge, a Commissioner 1-shots them to the head?
    As with your description, Permanent invisibility, and instant magic to pick the fight & get the fight they want, that wouldn't happen - as That would be them not getting the first-strike.

Or maybe, if you perhaps tried a little harder, you might notice the Infil.
    They're really fragile, really casual to kill, as they can't return-fire while cloaked, and they have less health.
    A Heavy-Assault with a Knife is pretty brutal, more so than the Infiltrator with a Knife btw.

Not to mention, You compared an ESF, to an infantry class, that can be one-shot by a sidearm unlike every other class.
    And mixed their entire toolkit, as if stalker perks were available to bolt-actions.
    Do you honestly expect to be taken seriously, that you know anything about Infiltrators? That kind of crap is basic usage.
    Killing them is easy,
    Spotting them is easy - They're ******* up-close, where the shimmer is most effectively seen.

This is akin to someone pretending the Godsaw's Alternate fire since it can damage Main Battle Tanks, isn't suicide.
    10 Seconds or less of thought, would show it. Numbers would confirm it.
    And unlike Infiltrators, God-Saw can't be equipped casually - Infiltrator **** is available in VR.
    Like how many people have you seen ever use the Infiltrator Implants? Have you even tried it?
    How about Moving? As you know, Standing still in a corner, while the best cloaking effect, doesn't really work in reality, unless you're avoiding combat - And then you remember the darklight, which if you're not moving, is likely gonna shine through a wall, and being cloaked when that shines on you, likely is your death warrant.

As decloaking delay is a bit server-side.
    Which is also why it goes a bit funky on the clientside, when dealing with infils.
    They can't actually shoot while cloaked, There is a delay - Clientside however makes it look like it doesn't.
    And they're not actually invisible - Anyone who's used infils in combat, will tell you, It ain't invisible.
    As well the first guy who shoots you in the head from 20 meters away casually - as he's not hacking, You're actually visible.
  7. Somentine

They aren't invisible, but pretending that they aren't effectively invisible the vast majority of the time, not even including stalker, is being disingenuous.

Furthermore, NAC makes them one of the tankiest classes while cloaked - giving them resistances to even headshots. Hunter cloak is a noob trap, and stalker cloak trades dps and tankiness for near invisibility.
    • Up x 1
  8. LordKrelas

Effectively Invisible? No. The highest cloak effectiveness is static & crouched.
    Vast majority of the time? Also no, Cloak times are short, and punctuated with loud audio cues.
    Only Stalkers have an actually long duration of cloaking, which I will mention repeatedly, disarms them for the entire usage.
    It would be akin to claiming the Heavy Assault Overshield had the effects without the Reduced-speed element, or the duration timer.
    IE, disingenuous to pretend Infiltrators remain cloaked for a majority of their time, as 2\3 types physically can't, and the single type that can, still isn't effectively invisible, on top of requiring numerous steps to get their highest cloaking effectiveness.
    Imagine if the HA Overshield needed 3 Steps & Requirements to fully work - and still had a hard-counter, on top of a hole.

'Tankiest classes' while cloaked, where they can not fire, swing a blade or similar, and have a decloaking delay.
    Only when they're disengaging, do they have this effective HP pool, and only specific cloaking.
    Resistance to head-Shots, one the shortest duration cloak, giving them the effective HP of Engineers, Medics & Light-Assaults.
    Which can actually return fire, when they have said HP.

Stalker Cloaks, lost not just DPS, but also effective range, most sidearms do not carry the firepower nor projectile range.

It's not as if the Buggers aren't annoying as **** (Stalkers), but they're not actually able to operate fully cloaked 24\7.
    They're basically moving at a snail's pace, and their annoying aspect is typically them being unarmed & prowling around slowly.
    With the apex of that, them hiding away entirely near cap points - more annoyance than threat, since they don't engage.
  9. Somentine

Yes, they are.
    Not time as in literal, but as in instances.
    Good thing client side and other noises don't exist in regards to audio cues.
    No it wouldn't, and wtf are you on about? You don't have to be invisible to effectively be invisible. It's akin to seeing the heavy overshield or medic particles through heavy smoke vs. seeing the possibility of an outline of a knee or head. The arrogance you have in your belief that you easily see all infils is astonishing.

If an infil tries to engage while they are still cloaked and being fired upon they are fighting a losing battle unless against potatoes.
    Disengaging is an incredibly important part of all infantry fights, NAC is the best disengage in the game next to some LA niche situations. Why do you think Survivalist implant is the meta now? Because it starts regening shields 1 second faster?
    The cloak itself will get you into the fight/position.
    Hunter cloak, once again, is a noob trap. You either pic NAC or Stalker, unless you are camping 150m away on a hill, in which case you should still use NAC, but it really doesn't matter.
    Shortest duration by 3.5 seconds, with a downtime of 2.5 seconds.
    Medics, eng, and LA can't cloak.

If you are taking stalker cloak to even remotely think about fighting at range, you're doing it wrong. Even then, blackhand exists.

Stalkers are basically guaranteed a single kill every death unless they are incredibly unlucky or potato - put those same players as even a heavy and they will be sub 1kd. LA might net them close, if they actually play somewhat smart.
    • Up x 1
  10. LordKrelas

So every Medic & HA, might as well have a constant shield or heal up.
    Which isn't a thing.

You can literally hear an Infil a mile away, unless the battle is damn raging,
    Even then, the Infil still has to decloak - Your deaths to an Infil you didn't see, is less than the deaths to the infil you did see at even the last second, which is less than the Number of tanks in a typical fight.

Effectively Invisible.. I'm pretty sure the Loon from earlier, is about them being 24\7 invisible, rather than rare cases where they are actually able to hide , which has numerous steps to even achieve, with flaws even still.
    And you certainly didn't present it, as "Hey, in very specific cases, They're pretty close", but actually called them 'effectively' invisible.
    Is this similar to "Hey the shotgun is an instant kill"?

Yeah, that's the point; You can't start the fight, if cloaked - However, the infil doesn't have the sole power to control when they are engaged, or in a fight.
    Every single class can disengage - The Infil if cloaked, can not return fire, and if the fight starts, they're pretty dead if they were.

Ah yes, so every Infiltrator is running the shortest duration cloak, so when they're unable to fire, they have actual HP.
    And when they're actually fighting, they don't - But hey, Noob trap Hunter cloak, so they're slightly harder to kill when unarmed.
    Does that mean a HA, while reloading if Overshielded, has a similar feat? Likely not, but both are unarmed.

The specific cloak with the Resistance, only matters if shot at, while cloaked, which means unarmed.
    Medics, Light-Assaults & Engineers, have this HP, while fully armed - The cloak doesn't wave away gunfire.
    Not to mention, In motion, shortest duration cloak, so the benefits are short, the visibility is a lot higher than it could be, and there's a firing delay due to the decloaking - I'm pretty sure, the Medics, Light-Assaults & Engineers, have this effective HP longer while able to start shooting.

That was the point of mentioning they don't have range.
    It wasn't just DPS Stalkers lost - That sidearm is still a sidearm.

A Single kill every death.
    HA' sub 1? What are they playing at the same level as the Infil or as the targets?
    Pull a Tank.
    Hell, lets' ask the next question; Who achieved more, the Stalker who traded deaths, or the HA.
    And at their top-game, Which is more practical? HA. Universal response to any threat.
    Or the Stalker, Trading deaths with a single target.

Hell, if KD is important, why in christ are you not an Engineer in an aircraft? Or a Tank.
    As pretty sure, even a MAX can get a nice KD - as can C-4 on a medic.
    Then again, it's KD. You can literally farm rookies, to achieve 100, rapidly, with explosives , LMGs, Carbines, Pistols, vehicles.
    Sniper rifles? Slow. Knives? Slow & Uncommon.
    Time per kill? Slow as hell.

Not to mention, When exactly is it practical to be constantly crouched & barely moving?
    Stalkers? You mean for the majority of the time, achieving nothing? In Darklight range? In the best detection range for cloaks?
    Snipers? You mean at the range, the motion doesn't matter for the cloak itself?
    SMGs? You mean they aren't reducing exposure as much as possible, As they're running the shortest cloak, which only benefits them more than Hunter if attacked while cloaked?

There is a lot of downsides to cloaking, and requirements.
    Also for simplicity, can you quote me at least?
  11. Somentine

In almost all instances, the medic or heavy will have at least some of their ability power, so idk where you're trying to go with this.

Even small fights have enough noise to distort the location of an infil... and you will know there is an infil regardless because there will be motion spotters (for the most part an infil only tool) or a dildar.
    Clientside is incredibly powerful, and idk who you are talking about, but the majority of my deaths by infil (excluding bolters) come from the side or behind, as they are supposed to. And yes, I check my sides, back, and radar very frequently.

You completely missed by point about being effectively invisible - the case wasn't specific at all, it was an attempt to link your ability to see through smoke to seeing cloaked infils.
    K? Except many shotguns ARE instakill, or are essentially instakill?

Good thing this neat little device called motion spotter tells you where 9/10ths of the enemy is, and if you are engaged upon while cloaked, NAC will be your best bet at surviving anyway... so...?
    If you are disengaging, you aren't shooting back... so....?

NAC gives 100 shields regardless. I hope you can figure out the rest.

It's both 100 shields and it gives you resistance when cloaked.

A. It most certainly does obscure the target, which lowers damage.
    B. It gives the infil the same hp/shields as those 3.
    C. Also 35% resistance to all small arms damage, including headshots.

Like wtf are you even trying to argue here?

Hey, it's a good thing 2 of these classes have to run along the ground while completely visible, and while LA's ability can be used in combat, it can also put them in more danger.

Im'ma stop you there. There are issues with stalkers, but I really don't feel like going into another whole branch of this.

If you are referring to hill top snipers, they can get away with hunter, but are safer with NAC.

Again, 100 more shields. Also, hunter is only more useful when running through large open spaces, which you really don't want to be doing anyway. The second you engage a single person, you want both the 100 more shields and the resistance after you cloak. I honestly cannot believe this is even a debate right now.

Yes, once in a while you will trick somebody with the couple extra seconds of stealth from hunter, but in the vast, vast, vast majority of situations NAC will be basically a straight upgrade.

There are downsides to nearly everything in this game.
    If you play an infil like you would a bad HA, you're going to get the same results.
    • Up x 1
  12. TRspy007

Locus is Latin, lieu is French derived from the original Latin word, you degenerate bean. So nice try, but no buddy, I think as a Francophone I know my stuff. Once again, the ignorant fool who not only acts idiotically, but insults others who try to lift him up to their level.

So you wanted to use Latin but ended up referring a wrong language? Looks like someone didn't have to take Latin in high school :confused:

I'm glad you think me pointing out constructive criticism, ideas to improve the game and willingly helping others is being toxic.

Really, just because you see something you don't like doesn't mean he's "lying" or that he's a toxic snake. Maybe you're confusing me with yourself.

It's against the rules of the forums to directly reference players like this, which is why I didn't link the IDs. Or am I wrong to think you are the type of filth trying to trap me with that so you can report me simply because I'm addressing what some players view as an issue?

I know it really isn't obvious, but most my characters are TR. As I said, I did the digging on my main and another ore recent alt, and provided you with the numbers. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean I'm "lying". Pretty sure you can check your own characters and find similar results, if you're an enough to admit it. And the infil main calling others a coward? What a sad world this has become.

At least you dropped your predictable act of "that's not what I said word for word" or "the numbers matter when I like them, but not when you explain them or provide me with backed up statistics".

And I'm glad even you realized you would no longer be able to hide behind "It'S nOt ThE mOsT PlAyeD ClaSs, gOoD iNfiLs aRe aN aNomaLY, eVeRyoNe HeaVy maIn". Because statistically speaking that's not true, and although you're light years away from this step, logical reasoning would say "if everyone is heavy, then that means all fights are heavy vs heavy, so theoretically there is no class disadvantage.
  13. TRspy007

I'm glad there's at least on reasonable person in this thread :D
  14. TRspy007

When did I say I was a good player? In fact, in most of the posts I mention I'm below average.

As a vet, what I can bring is experience. I've played the game for a long time, I've seen it "succeed" in the past, I'm familiar with the in game mechanics, even if I remain a terrible player. My in game observations past and present, and my conversations with players from multiple servers suggests that's if I'm addressing an issue, it's definitely not because 'I don't like it' or 'I felt like complaining'.

I can pretty much assure you that infiltrators do become invisible, simply because I've played the class myself, and I've wasted hours tracking them down. I guess I could really use a guy like you by my side.

You claim infiltrators are invisible, so I'll really just leave it there. The other guy did a good job replying structured arguments to this sheet of black and white garbage, you're just not ready to admit even the slightest of in game observations.

Or, you are that infil that runs around bouncing up and down spotting everything they see (and are you sure you even cloaked)?Just because you can't play the class, doesn't mean no one can, and you shouldn't underestimate it's potential.
  15. TRspy007

Really I'm not sure smart is something in his vocabulary, much less a trait that could remotely apply to him.
  16. LordKrelas

Then, maybe play the class more - as unless the enemy is blind, they ain't invisible.
    As most of the NC, TR, and VS I played with, in random squads too', managed to casually kill infils - and will do so while they're cloaked.
    Proper Squads? The Infil is not managing to stay alive by their cloak, but by the same notions that kept an LA alive.

Mate, I haven't even read his 2nd Reply when I'm writing this.
    But he skipped over critical bits - though, Less bad than you, with the whole merging of every single kind of cloak.
    They're instead obsessed with Nanocloaking's Damage Resistance while cloaked.

Given you called Heavy-Assault debuffed & weak compared to every other class..
    Your claim to below-average is definitely feeling legit.
    Let alone when the only guy defending the notion of "Invisibility", believes gaining damage resistance while cloaked, which disarms you, is godly.

I'd love to see, the Minor-Cloaking Implant's review from him, You, would make it sound likely OP.
  17. LordKrelas

Okay, Thank you for quoting, I do actually appreciate it.

The Majority of the Time, the cloak isn't up.
    Heavy Assaults can not use their Shield for the majority of their time - Nor can Infiltrators past Stalkers.
    Which costs them many many things - Including mobility, similar to the HA in that aspect.
    Medics, Really not gonna be running their medi-field for the majority of the time either.
    Both however have an Tactical combat effectiveness, while able to fire - Infils, did not.

Smoke, can be used by any Class; Okay so now we're all invisible.
    Oh you mean with a specific kind of Scope or Implant? Okay Implant removes that problem too'
    Darklight? Nope. Nothing counters that.
    Shotguns are RNGesus machines; Try running an NC MAX, and see how practical they are as Instant-Kills. hint: They aren't.
    They're not used as much as even Carbines, but they get more flak than sane as if they're the god-killers.
    IE, Reference to people thinking about the least common deaths, and thinking the Infiltrator-related deaths are actually common.
    Since both are bloody rare in the grand scheme, but both are treated like it happens every 2nd death.

100 Shields = the Missing Shields.
    Congrats. You finally brought that up, as it mattered it little to me, given now you die at the same speed as everyone else.
    When you can actually shoot - Since the Cloak's resistance isn't in-effect, if you can shoot.

Clear as day; When the Resistence in effect, The Infiltrator is being shot while unable to return-fire, and can only stay in this cloaking effect for a short period (you gave it 2 bloody seconds), which if they're being shot, moving slow, to optimize the cloaking effectiveness would be suicide, so they're negating even more of the cloak.
    Or in plain english; When that matters, they're already being shot, and it only helps them survive a death.

Yes, Stalkers have issues. We can agree on that mess.

Yeah Longer Cloak is more useful at distance.
    Since you're not taking as much damage, nor as common while cloaked.

Re-visit the Original post of this thread.
    It might become clear, why exactly every aspect has to be mentioned.
    I'll give a hint; If you have the unholy advantage, the shield bonus isn't as handy as crossing the field.

Imagine if the other guy took that logic.
    Each Class plays differently, that is damn straight.
  18. TRspy007

'I'm comfortable living in my blanket of ignorance'. So you simply refuse to even admit the facts.

You should be a dev, you have their exact mindset: the community says go right, the facts say go right, your previous "successes" indicate you go right, yet you ignore all those and charge headfirst to the left, and then don't even pause to wonder why you hit the iceberg.

Maybe you should read and play the game first, so you can understand what's going on. Instead of just typing whatever coes to your mind and proudly informing us 'well I don't even read what you say anyways because it's mad up of sentences and might actually expose my bs'. Do you even know what the thread is about?

"and thinking the Infiltrator-related deaths are actually common.
    Since both are bloody rare in the grand scheme,"

Your buddy said the same thing, until the I gave and the numbers he brought up indicated a totally different reality, and he never mentioned this point again. Maybe you guys are sharing beds in the same psych ward? Anyways, even though he didn't admit it, at least he might've realized that this was bs and didn't bring it up again.

As I mention, I only pull the class on occasions where I am defending a ghost cap - because the invisibility allows me to pleasantly stroll out the spawn room, where any other class would have been shredding in half a millisecond. Ofc, by your logic, we'll assume the 96+ players at every ghost cap I encounter are as blind as a bat. It's ability to 1hk targets and discretely disappear allows me to score some kills, just really "trolling" the guys since they get rezed in a second anyways, but I try my best to make things as annoying as possible for zerglings. It also works really well to simply sit on a point (at bases I see the zerg is coming to) and then knife everyone, since usually after a minute they just settle on a point and do nothing expecting little resistance.

Yeah, idk how you play infil, but go tell those idiots the infiltrator isn't invisible. The rare times I do play infil, my kdr spikes and I'm rarely spotted unless I expose myself in situations where I shouldn't have been in the first place. Really odd as an infil main you have trouble using your ability, which is arguably the best in game.

Also I don't say the heavy is "weak compared to every other class". I said it's been nerfed, and any other class can easily rival with it, especially the infiltrator.

I mean, imagine if the heavy resist shield caused them to cloak? It's not godly, but having damage resistance while in turn being hard to see means the little bullets that do stray towards you aren't doing much. The heavy lighting up as a Christmas tree with his slow movement penalty while the shield is on makes him a target. A target with a bit more health (that doesn't really make a difference if you go for the head), but it means you're far more likely to land your shots on a shielded heavy than a cloaked infiltrator. Same logic why the vanguard shield is nice, but overall the mobility of the magrider allows it to dodge more shots (and C4!) than the vanguard shield could ever hope to take.

Although I'm sure you've already pre-typed a reply, before even attempting to read what I've said. You're not being really productive here, you're just saying: 'you're blind, they aren't invisible, I can see them as clear as day, you must be bad and stupid'. Well I guess 99% of players are blind then because the infiltrator can become "invisible". You can double check in videos, with other community members, infiltrators can effectively become invisible, that's just a fact. And the deep operative implant makes it worse. Your community even mentioned it in this video:

(I did not make this video, I do not own it, and the topic of the video was in no way related to this "discussion", he makes great content and as active members of the community, it's important we subscribe and support him).

At approx 20:42. It's not just me saying it, the game and it's players are fully aware you can become invisible as an infiltrator, and you just seem the only one in wonderland latching on to your idea that 'infils are clearly visible, only blind morons can't seem them'. Well the majority of the community are blind morons then - you're the anomaly here.

Also, when did minor cloak ever come into play? It's currently extremely situational and to an extent balanced, because there's a huge delay to activate the cloak, and a delay when firing. Maybe if the infiltrator cloak followed the same rules we wouldn't have this thread?
  19. LordKrelas

Irony.

Irony. Given I'm not the only one saying you're insane.

If you read what I said about it, You'd actually know what I said about it.
    If Infils had the same restrictions, They would be basically incapable of using their cloak, and near incapable of firing their sniper rifles without being locked out.
    I have the implant. It has some uses, but my lord...

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/infiltrators-on-low-settings.253988/
    "This post is simply to inform people of the disadvantage of players running the game on lower settings. It appears that infiltrators become more obvious when the user is playing on high or ultra settings. On low settings, infiltrators are invisible unless they are running in a range of about 5 meters. On ultra settings, even the cockroach stalker infiltrators hiding somewhere in a corner appear faintly visible (in a sort of very faint grayish outline) at the close ranges. Of course, it's needless to say that most of the community does not play on ultra settings, for obvious performance reasons, which is the reason that stalkers proliferated sitting on points for so long (and actually still do on outdoor points)."

You have an unnatural hatred for infiltrators.
    Someone disagrees, and you instantly accuse them of being an Infiltrator, as if it's heresy.
    The original thread, is literally full of it.
    Pretty sure the Majority isn't in favor of infils being mangled, removed or similar.
    But hey, You hate infils, so the community must be in favor, after all, not like this entire 3 pages, shows otherwise.

It's at best split.
    At worst, Theres' complete ******** being used against Infils, Some good Counter-logic on both sides.
    IE, At least the Other guy whom I responded to after, to his post, has sensibility.
    Heavy-Assaults are not rivaled by every class - Nor does that even effect Infiltrators, they aren't constantly used.
    • Up x 1
  20. TRspy007

There's basically one guy who shares the same values as you.

If you're referring the person who doesn't even have the curiosity to look up the epistemology of a word he's using even after someone call him out for it, then bravo; you have found your acting partner. The guy even links the dictionary which pretty clearly contradicts him, but since he didn't bother reading it assuming the world obeys his will, he just stands out as and ignorant fool, thinking he's a genius.Great job running your circus. You both seem to lack in objectivity and make no effort to critically reflect or even read anything before your answer. This is why nothing productive will come out of either "discussions" with you, you have your agenda that the world must oblige, and fail/refuse to see the needs of others and the reality that surrounds you.

Stupidity said with conviction still remains stupidity.

I'm glad you think you're the entire community.

Reality is, I make posts that address core issues in the game. Lately, I have had many returning players/new players quit because of the air game and infiltrators. I have looked at it in detail, and I see substantial reasoning to validate there are flaws with the infiltrator, air vehicles, orbital strike and bastions. Does that mean I have "hatred" for the class? No, at the end of the day, it's just a game, I play it a lot and I have had some great experiences with it, so I would be disappointed to see it die. For this reason, I create some threads during my free time to stir up discussion surrounding things that could improve the game. I also provide in game examples, statistics and enjoy seeing what ideas some people can come up with, or simply experience other's point of view.

All the issues I discuss have been addressed not just by me but other's I've encountered in game, who don't have the conviction or care about relaying it on the forums.

Your replies of 'you're dumb, you can't see, I'm sure no one plays infil, when I play infil I die in 2 seconds, or the classic bUt ThE hEaVy iS beTteR'. Not very informative stuff, nothing to generate an interesting discussion, and basically no appeal to reality. Then accuse me of not being subjective. I have provided you with videos, exterior references, even statistics that go against the very fabric of things you are trying to claim as fact. I try to remove my bias, and get to the point. You guys seem to do everything to try and bring it up, while completely ignoring your own. If infiltrators were really such a big deal to me, I would have quit the game, like many others. I would be asking for tips on how to deal with them, or calling everyone to stop playing them. I would be posting rage posts similar to yours, with nothing to back my claims.

If you can't handle discussions, then don't come to the forums.