The LA is a class with no utility but we keep getting nerfed because people complain that we kill.

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Ghoest, May 4, 2013.

1. Kulantan

Yes, it would only be on proximity radar if the LA wasn't shooting. Yes, I see tanks with radar on occasion. Those tanks scare me more than any other because I can't sneak up on them. Radar is close to a hard counter against flanking LAs, infiltrators and and suicide miners. Yes, it replaces the ES abilities and smoke. But everyone has to choose what to be good at. By taking C4 I don't have med packs. By taking armor you don't have mine guard. If you want to be good against everything you're going to need more than one person and combined arms.
    • Up x 1
  2. HellasVagabond

A Tank is not something you roll out against LAs, it's rolled out against other vehicles and infantry in general (naturally). So you can't expect people to ignore that and make their tanks anti-infantry only just because the mechanics of the game are broken so any LA with C4 can take out an entire tank, even certed with extra armor.
  3. ArcKnight

couldn't agree more, the infiltrator & LA have a larger learning curve than the other classes
    off topic: the OHK rifles no longer OHK so infiltrators potential just went down
  4. Kulantan

I'm not suggesting that that you make your tank anti-infantry. What I am saying is that no one unit can defend against all threats. If it can then the game is broken. If you don't have busters or a skygaurd then you're vulnerable to liberation. If you don't have armored AP tanks then you're vulnerable to tank hunting tanks. If you don't have a air wing you're vulnerable to long distance flanking by tanks with superior positioning. If you don't have a mine guarded pathfinder/minesweeper then you're vulnerable to mines. If you don't have radar you're vulnerable to infantry flanking you. This can be achieved with radar on vehicles or an infiltrator. If you don't have the people to do that or the organisation to do that then those are your vulnerabilities, not C4.
    • Up x 5
  5. Leo Cyrule

While yes I will agree they are skill oriented. Their C4 nerf made them mostly useless when fighting a blitzkreg of Enemy Tanks and sunderers. A sunderer now apparently being more resilient than a tank some how, now has to be struck with two C4 (200 infantry I believe) and some mines... then burn before it is destroyed. That is rediculous. It's hard enough to attack one single Sunderer up close as is when an army of 300 is there.

They are also not to useful in a fullsail fire fight, like a heavy assault is. And not to useful in defending, rather than being a nonsense.

I am not saying that they should be able to take on an Army, I am saying that there isn't much of a need to nerf something that is already hard enough to play.
  6. Hagestol

A tank has counters, and in this case the counter is the LA. Killing a tank requries plenty of thought, you have to dodge the surrounding platoons and hope the driver is incompetent enough not to look up and drive 10m backwards before shelling you.

Nah, no. No excuses. And do a resource budget while you're at it, and remember that the LA has to put both C4 on you and detonate, which only happens around 3/4 once you arrive and start throwing the first C4.

Seems fair enough. 700 certs and 200 resources just to attempt to kill a tank.
  7. NaySayer

On top of all that, when we drop our c4 and some one manages to shoot at your block of c4, they get the credit, what do we get??
    My 2 favorite classes (LA and Infy) are the most challenging to play as. I love it, but at the same time, we need more lovin:(
    • Up x 2
  8. zaspacer

I think you're thread title says it very well.

As long as LA's power level is defined by it's ability to kill, it will have problems. (even if that's all they have) Other units will complain about it, and it will get nerfed.

If LA can carve out a utility power, that does not directly involve a high proficiency at killing other units, then it will likely stick.

Is there any particular utility type of power that LAs want?
  9. HellasVagabond

It's not an attempt. It's very easy in bases, towers and biolabs and in large fights many come at you with ATV's, MBT's, Lightnings and Sunderers (now with harassers too), jump out the last minute before they hit you, throw the C4 and Bam, voila.
    I don't really see how valid that is just because they know they can't win a 1vs1 and so they do a kamikaze run which almost never kills them as well.
  10. Hagestol

Let me solve the issue for you: Don't put your tank close to enemy bases, towers and biolabs. Use the tank for what it is designed for, ranged combat. The LA is a close range class, the tank is a long range vehicle.

Being just 50 meters away will solve the issue for you. And there is always 50m, unless you're storming a base alone - in which case you're using the tank wrong and the LA deserves his kill as you entered an easy killzone.
  11. HellasVagabond

I see you conveniently commented on the first part only....
  12. Hagestol

You want me to comment on the kamikaze part? Same answer: Park further way, if the LA starts jumping back away and shell him. Decent drivers do it all the time. And jumpjetting vs a tank is 1vs1. Actually more like 1vs2, considering the strength of the tank and the drivers ability to exit once C4 has hit but before the LA can detonate.

If a LA is using a vehicle filled with explosives to kill you then he used his timer against yours and most probably far more resources to get the kill. Same if he sacrifices his vehicle to ram you - you should be able to kill him before he arrives at you, I've never actually seen someone use a lightning/MBT to kill other tanks with C4, seems like a waste of resources, might as well swap for HA and take you out quickly enough. And again you shouldn't have placed yourself in the middle of a base.
  13. Joe_da_cro

tank drivers if you are moving it makes it considerably harder to kill you with C4. man the tank/vehicle drivers need to stop feeling privileged where they can park where ever they want and get a few shots off before having to move. keep moving you wont be c4ed as much.
  14. Thrustin

I invite you to actually play the class and go and blow up some tanks if you think it is that easy. Until you have shown proof you've done so, your arguments hold no merit.

Tanks are not suppose to be parked next to bases, towers or any other building construction. Infantry can very easily ambush you there. It is the reason why in real life infantry get sent into urban areas and not swarmed by tanks. It is your fault if you think you are invulenarble to an ambush if you stop in places where infantry or other people can do so.

Concerning your kamikazi part, again, I invite you to try and imitate it before you can actually comment on how easy it is to do. Please keep in mind it costs roughly the same to destroy you as to pull a tank with this tactic.

Unless you provide us with these proofs, I have reason to believe that you are, in fact, just a bad tank driver. In which case, I feel sorry for you.
    • Up x 2
  15. HellasVagabond

Most people in here know that what i am saying is happening and many do it all the time. IF you expect me to bring video clips everytime i say something then there's something wrong.....
  16. Thrustin

Most people think C4 is fine and that ponies with eye patches will one day rule the world...see what I did there?

You provide no facts, no proof, no evidence, nothing... As long as this is the case, you are grasping at straws.
  17. TheSalmon4

I love playing LA and sometimes infiltrator because of the amount of damage that a skilled player(not trying to brag, but I'm pretty good) can deal to enemies.
  18. Armchair

The LA utility is that they can FLY.
  19. Mythicrose12

:rolleyes:

....that's an ability, not utility.
  20. Rogueghost

That's the class ability, going into the same category as the HA shield or medic AoE heal.
    Utilities would be things like the medics healing gun, a heavy's rocket launcher and the infiltrators recon dart.