[BUG] The hotfix that just happened

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kize, Feb 6, 2013.

1. forkyar

2. RadarX

I'd encourage you to use the SOE Post Tracker which should allow you to see everything official that we post.

As for the hotfix issue. Folks are still working on it. We hope to have it resolved shortly.
    • Up x 1
  3. sosolidshoe

You guys seriously need to work on your version control, I'm now getting bugs which the original GU02 hotfix was supposed to have fixed, that I wasn't even getting before it came out; flickering world, stuck in crouch, Bursters doing no damage to aircraft despite clearly showing the explosion graphic, the works.
  4. Reithan

TrialAndErrorside2? :)
    • Up x 2
  5. Divinorium

No. PLS don't touch in nothing, you guys broke 4 things trying to fix 1.
    Make a freaking Beta test/ test server THEN you guys can "try to fix".

For now, i would say that it's better the devs dont "work" in the issue, because they will make more 4 bugs along the way.
  6. Heen

Errorside2
  7. Hyncharas

This happens EVERY time they fiddle about with the map system; we always lose outfit management, and we always have trouble like I had tonight with constant lock-ups. The HUD Colours addon is the worst.

SOE, stop f***ing with stuff that works just fine.
  8. TehGrimZa

Good =)
    • Up x 2
  9. Kogmaw

I've run this argument before. Still confuses me, maybe theyre sponsoring PS2, so they use it due to contract agreements? I dont know, wish they wouldnt
  10. fish998

I think it's more to do with some people wanting to feel like internet celebrities.
    • Up x 2
  11. Diamond Sword

If I may make a suggestion? How about seeing if the guys who work on the site could maybe put a blotter up on the main page (or, hell, have a little ticker on the top of all the forum pages) for those dev posts? Then no one would have an excuse for not seeing them ;)
  12. Big Cyz

Excuse me, but am I going to have my outfit working when I get home in a couple hours? Or is the whole thing still stuffed?
  13. DeadlyGamer5

Lets see you code it better than them. Code a game on the Scale of PS2, then continue to add things to it. WHen you add things to it, Im sure It won't have any bugs or problems at all.
  14. GhostAvatar

That post induced an actual real life lol :)
  15. Reithan

Ah yes, this argument. The "you can't do it, so anyone who can, no matter how poorly, must be doing it right!" argument.

Pure wishful thinking. I sure as hell can't do brain surgery, that doesn't mean everyone who can is awesome at it.

Could I, single-handedly program a game on the scale of Planetside2 without bugs? No.

Do I recognize the need for quicker, more insightful communication from the devs? Yes.

Do I recognize the need for a test server, rather than weekly (or daily) disruptions of service and gameplay? Yes.
  16. GhostAvatar

I could actually see that happening with sites like Facebook and Twiiter. But I am highly dubious that would be the case for fan based forums, where it is the case that post counts can be as much as 50 times higher than here.
    • Up x 1
  17. GhostAvatar

And just to expand on this whole straw man argument of if you cant do it then shut it. How many gold medal winning athletes have coaches who can compete at the same level as the person they coach, or even did in the past? If they could, don't you think they would be competing for said gold medals. Being able to do something and being able to identify issues and areas that need improvement are two entirely different things.

But if we was to go by this whole idiotic argument of being able to code a game to the level of PS2 blah blah, then most the people featured in the social site feeds have no right to put any input into the game either.
  18. DeadlyGamer5

I'm sorry for being an *** about it, it's the fact that a lot of people are crying about it, and i do recognize the need for things like that. But i think more people need to see, while messing up sometimes, they are trying their best. People have to remember this game is the first of it's kind, and there will be bugs, some gamebreaking, but at least we are getting speedy fixes for them, i have seen many devs that just ignore the problem until the next huge patch come out. so, as i said, at least they're trying and getting out patches as fast as they can.
  19. Kize

What is funny about this is that I was using post tracker. Pretty much the moment I logged on (right after patch) I noticed I couldn't talk in squad or outfit and everyone was talking in proximity about no friends list and no outfit list.

I made this post.... then checked on it for about 30min to 1hour + and 0 dev responses. Something this major (almost your entire social tab not working) and I didn't see anything until someone wrote that responses were on twitter. After I read that post I saw you or whoever wrote on some other kids thread that was in all caps and made well after this one. Apparently it got the attention after twitter.

Not really a huge deal just annoying when I have all these people asking crap and I am telling them 'I am on the forums and have the only thread on the issue they should reply shortly' to have nobody reply for a very long time until another kid points out the issues in all caps to grab attention (as if that matters for severity). Feels kinda... jaded. And yeah I clicked on the Dev postings several times back to back just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Here are the time snaps:

SOE [BUG] The hotfix that just happened
    Kize, Today at 5:51 PM

RadarX replied to the thread [BUG] The hotfix that just happened.

I responded to the restart from this afternoon. It's the last news item available in the official forums.
    Today at 8:09 PM

RadarX replied to the thread [BUG] OUTFIT NOT VIEWABLE.

We are currently looking into these issues. We hope to have them resolved quickly.
    Today at 6:49 PM
  20. JackD

What kind of argument is that? Iam not a programmer but they are, yescoding a game is not simple, that is why test stuff, as it seems SOE is not doing this. Withing just one week they implemented a patch wich killed the performance, then a Hotfix that made vehicles useless and yet another Hotfix which broke more than it did repair.

This is just unprofessional