[The Chronicles of Mattherson] The Most Epic Server In Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 24, 2013.

1. EliteEskimo

Right now I think only Strumgrenadiers are a quality outfit that could hold it's own against a quality TR/VS outfit like BWC/NNG. There used to be another decent one called TheLowTaxEffort, but all their best players defected to the VS outfit Goku. :p
  2. ENFORC3R

It was an amazing fight. I personally wasn't at Indar Bay point as my squad was holding at Ceres Farms to stop the VS from taking that. But I know it was a huge fight. The Enclave had 12+ squads up when I got on at 7:15ish, which was when the assault on Bay Point started, I think.

Anyway, well done to both the TR and NC, as well as the VS! You guys didn't give up the lock easy. And when I saw that the NC had pushed up the the VS Warpgate and they couldn't go to Skydock, I knew it was over. And they did too.
    • Up x 1
  3. ExarRazor

I like how you said " Many Terran celebrated humbly acknowledging the other factions were a good challenge "

no offense man, but the TR on mattherson doesn't know the meaning of the word 'humble'. trash talking, and making excuses does not qualify as 'humble' and that's what happens at LITERALLY every victory.

not to mention every single paragraph in that post has some dick-waving in it.

its about time someone managed to jack the VS cap of indar, but don't go around saying **** like the above, and for ***** sake, stop the ****** waving. just do what mature gamers do: say good game man, and move on to the next fight
    • Up x 1
  4. Phrygen

When it comes to PS2, you are either on Mattherson or you are not.

Hopefully the connery helios merger will get another epic server going... currently nothing compares to the wars of Mattherson.
    • Up x 1
  5. Phrygen

Congratz on being the first negative post!

And right after the sentence you are refereing to, his next sentence clearly stated TE rubbed it in the NC/VS faces. And the best part is you are tell Eski to be a mature gamer with a post like that?? Talk about pot calling the kettle black.

now shoo.
    • Up x 3
  6. EliteEskimo

You're wrong, roll around with BWC, VG, or HYNB. The only outfit known for trash talking on a consistent basis is TE. I've been on Mattherson since its founding so I know which outfits talk trash. I also followed on the forums and took note on which players on which outfits were trash talking. I also thanked the NC multiple times and acknowledged we couldn't have done it without them. Did you see the cool high five/fist pound Gif? That was to the NC, and I also acknowledged how good the VS were multiple times.
    • Up x 1
  7. acksbox

I helped defend against the first real TR push of the day to warpgate the VS, and did quite well (it was a very close fight with us pushed back to our final hexes), but I missed the final battle.

I'm not a subscriber and by that time the queue was two hours long...
  8. Phrygen

yea that sub perk is key
  9. LoneMaverick

...welcome to every faction victory ever...have you not noticed the vocal Matherson VS finding some way to brag about them still having the cap in almost ever post on this forum for the last two months?

We all do it...NC do it the most childishly(atleast there's a loud amount of kids that post here, not generalizing) and VS just seem to find any reason in any thread to post about it.

TR just make one big post and watch all the rage flow thru. :cool:
    • Up x 1
  10. Phrygen

Mattherson too epic.
    • Up x 2
  11. DjUnicorn

Adding the final moments of this timeline, would be great if more people contributed with their media content picturing these awesome battles for history sake.
    • Up x 2
  12. NoctD

Its busy ie. lots of people but not quite epic. I've seen better on Miller when a continent fills up with all 3 factions during an alert. Large battles on Connery sure, but there doesn't seem to be the sort of intense competition between factions. Still the early days though so we'll have to see how it pans out.
  13. Rockstone

Hey, Mattherson is FIERCE rivalries. I love it!
    Maturity? Not relevant, seriously. TR and VS know that we're not attacking them personally :p

How did you record that? Did someone just sit there with another PC open and record this?
  14. Landtank

Please point out the last time the NC bragged childishly. I swear, first the endless NC bashing from this thread, and then the lies.

What is wrong with you people? Has everyone forgotten the NC's short lived lock already? You can't call the 3 day TR lock awesome, when the NC had one just as long multiple times. When alerts first emerged the NC dominated. All without a significant outfit presence.

Selective memories people, selective memories.

Classic TR, forcing you to believe something whether it's true or not. Freedom over oppression! Either way, let's get back to the fighting.

And one more thing: The NC got to the gate first, so we were left there waiting for the TR to do their share of the work, took you guys long enough. Don't go acting like you broke the lock when the NC were the first ones there buddy.
  15. EliteEskimo

This is pretty dang awesome DjUnicorn, the Chronicles of Mattherson Thread is going to be even more awesome by tomorrow when everyone posts their screen shots.:cool:
    • Up x 2
  16. BCKrogoth

The Mattherson TR's ULTRA Alliance:

BWC, DOG, WOLV, SA, LOC, STTR, VG, 1TR, 903, O4RC, ZC, 9ECF, PAX, BBAT, TE, 11AC, and OTRG.

Always working together; Always looking for more outfits to apply ;) Shoot me a PM if you're interested
    • Up x 1
  17. Hoki

self gratification best gratification
  18. Phrygen

Wait really... i thought it was just BWC and TE...

and where is AOD and honeybadgers... people still salty over the civil war?

Btw... mattherson so epic, we even have intrafaction civilwars
  19. Viesel

I wonder if the VS wished the fronts had been reversed and that NC were the ones pushing Indar Bay Point instead. They may have had a chance to keep the lock then. We may never know.

It was all kinds of chaos though. Galaxy drops to try and retake the B and C points, VS spilling out of the top of the tower like those flesh eating scarabs from The Mummy movies. Then suddenly a magrider push from the warpgate. TR were purposely not pushing on 'A' point because the strain on the hex might have caused the server to crash or require a restart, giving the VS time to push out.This ended up being the right call as plenty of striker teams were ready for the sudden armor push from that southern flank. It wasn't until the VS population seemed to sharply drop that the call was made to push on 'A'. That little room was filled with so many lagging nades and corpses that you couldn't get inside without constantly jumping over the mangled piles of flesh that used to be your platoon/enemies. Whatever redeploy tactic the VS attempted must have failed because right at the 2 minute warning they tried to crash out again and the only thing you could do as TR was run into that room to keep the point from switching even if it meant you would die 3 seconds later.

I'd love to see an after action report from the VS side though.
    • Up x 1
  20. EliteEskimo

It was intense the whole way through , it was a real chore pushing the VS from the north as there is more distance to cover coming from the north and you have to deal with Allatum and Quartz Ridge which are both very difficult if the Vanu have them manned. I don't know what would happen if NC had to deal with Indar bay point, it was a back and forth battle and was very hard fought one. I normally don't have to hard if time surviving from LA's with C4 in my tank, but their were so many of them every where I got blown up so many times. It's times like those I'm glad I certed into the passive certs for the Prowler :D

This thread was posted late so I'm hoping towards the afternoon we'll get further input. I was glad the server didn't end up crashing either, that would've been a bummer.
    • Up x 1