[The Chronicles of Mattherson] The Most Epic Server In Planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by EliteEskimo, May 24, 2013.

1. EliteEskimo

Introduction
    I felt obligated to make this thread, because after roughly a month of hard core fighting against the quality outfits of the Mattherson Vanu the TR with the help of the NC were able to remove their lock today. One may ask "So what Elite Eskimo, it's just one faction removing an Indar cap right?" To which I will reply "When playing on Mattherson, one does not simply warp gate a faction during prime time without having massive levels of epicness and teamwork occur"

[IMG]

How Caping And Holding Indar Became The Ultimate Honor

:cool: (This is a detailed recollection of the events that went down, nothing this epic is TLDR):cool:

1. After over a month of Indar remaining in no faction's control the Terran Republic was able to conquer Indar, and Mattherson TR rejoiced in victory. Many Terran celebrated humbly acknowledging the other factions were a good challenge to fight against during this time, but TE often in the spot light, rubbed this victory and honor in the VS/NC's faces again and again until the hatred for the TR was so great that it caused the creation of ATRA (Anti Terran Republic Alliance) which was a legitimate alliance for roughly 3 days.

2. For three days the NC/VS, for the most part, gave up their efforts of attacking each on Indar to totally focus on the TR. Those three days had arguably the most intense fighting in Planetside 2 history. The VS camped the Canyon walls of the SE warp gate with Lancers and AV turrets, and the NC did their best to hold everything else the VS did not. There were so many NC/VS troops around the warp gate that for over 30 minutes 20+ Prowlers within the Warpgate shields shelled a constant stream of VS troops running from the north side of the warp gate to the west while they were trying to stop TR's attempts at pushing out to the west. At one point TR was close to losing the last of the their territory to the VS/NC when the server magically reset. Seizing this rare opportunity, The Enclave made a strategic call for an all or nothing dash to Sacred Mesa Skydock. Because of TE TR once again was in a position to hold strong against combined VS/NC attempts.

The Defeat of The Terran Republic
    [IMG]

3. The fighting continued to stay fun and fierce. However with continued jabs and taunts from The Enclave the NC/VS took the ATRA one step further and mustered a combined assault on Sacred Mesa Skydock with multiple NC/VS Sunderers deployed side by side. This marked the first time two factions did more than just attacking adjacent territories of another faction, and in this case even the same jump pads were used by the NC/VS to fight off the best defense the Terran Republic had to offer. Their assaults continued to thwarted by the Stalwart Terran Defenders, and as everyone knows that once you hold Sacred Mesa with a Platoon or more of good troops, there's almost no way to push the defenders out no matter what the quantity of the attacking force. The immense fighting continued until an NC hacker came with the sole purpose of getting revenge on Buzz the leader of The Enclave, and taking away Indar continent lock from the TR. Within the next 30 minutes the hacker claimed roughly 600 Terran Lives, and although every Terran who was able to report the hacker did, the Moderators of the servers were all asleep. Sadly although many attempts were made to kill the hacker, he was to hard to kill, and with that the Terran Republic had finally been defeated.

The Great Defense By The Vanu Sovereignty
    [IMG]

4. Not long after the Indar cap was lost the VS, being the other highly competitive faction on server , was able to continent cap Indar. The Terran Republic, not wanting to allow the VS to hold the honor of the Indar cap, tried their best for roughly a month to take away the continent cap from the VS by themselves. The Terran Republic came close many times, but often had the gauntlet of victory snatched away from them at the last minute as a result of the NC who would consistently back cap TR territory or give Sacred Mesa Skydock over to the Vanu each and every time.

Terran Republic Victory!
    [IMG]

5. Then it finally happened on May 24, 2013 the Terran Republic's Ultra Alliance, the alliance between the major contributing outfits on Mattherson, was in full swing. Mattherson TR had a small population disadvantage against the Vanu, something Mattherson Terran Republic were all to familiar with, but fought on hard regardless. Once again the Terran Republic had pushed the VS down to their final few territories, however something miraculous occurred..:eek: The NC decided to not give up against the Vanu and pushed the VS all the way to SE side of their warp gate instead of back capping TR territory as had been done for the past month. Seizing the rare opportunity of having a helping hand from the NC all Mattherson TR on Indar were ordered to help in the capturing Indar Bay and the Vanu's last territory. (On a personal note I was able to stop a VS sunderer that in the last 30 minutes snuck behind our lines and was on the way to parking near Hvar Watch Tower.):cool: The Terran Republic had finally broke the Vanu's hold on Indar with some help from from the NC on the Eastern Front, and manly high fives were all around the Terran Lines. This marked the first time the Terran Republic removed the Vanu's Indar cap of Indar during Prime Time, and the first time the NC were able to cooperate with the TR all the way to the finish line of warp gating the VS.

6. This is the part the story that is still being written, and will be decided by the players on Mattherson. I hope it remains competitive, yet at the same time respectful. Truly the Vanu on Mattherson are force to be reckoned with, and can only be matched by the quality of the Terran Republic forces on Mattherson. I tip my hat to you Mattherson Vanu, you put up a great fight and I look forward to many great battles in the future. As for the Mattherson NC, even though you have a lot of work to do growing more competitive and expanding your best 2 outfits, I will admit that without you keeping the VS from getting Sacred Mesa sky dock all would've been for naught. I never thought I'd say this, but great job Mattherson NC and thank you for finally giving us the slight edge we needed to beat the Vanu Sovereignty.

[IMG]

In Conclusion
    Great job Mattherson Terran Republic, once again we have show that Victory truly is our tradition, Loyalty Until Death!

[IMG]

• Up x 29
  2. Littleman

I almost feel like no matter how hard I try otherwise, I'm essentially giving the NC a nod for their part, which kind of doesn't do justice to just how big a help they really were in making this moment a reality. But then, I'm sure they have their own war stories that glorify themselves and paint the TR as "the other guys whom were there too."
    • Up x 3
  3. EliteEskimo

Oh I said thank you and acknowledged we couldn't have done it without them, it was definitely more than a mere nod. That being said, it would've been way cooler to have the NC's support from the start of the Vanu cap. However at the same time I'm sure they were still feeling resentful from all the gloating that went on previously and perhaps just needed time to remember the TR as a whole are actually great guys. *Shrugs*
    • Up x 2
  4. Xae

But how did TR take the continent lock when they are a boring faction with terrible equipment?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!111one
  5. Vetto

Sadly I just logged in as we took it, wish I could have seen it. I hope this victory will be a good mark on the TR and old rivalry won't start to flare out again.
    • Up x 1
  6. General Sherman

I was there when the NC reached the VS warpgate first, I pulled my dedicated anti-armor build made to hunt Mags since I knew they would eventually be pulled en masse. I was mostly pinned by a tower turret but I could f**king see the endless stream of Mags and Sundies rolling out towards Indar Bay point faster than most highway traffic. After seeing 150+ Mags roll past me and ignoring my AP potshots in their frantic attempt to hold the lock I'm not even gonna pretend the TR didn't get the short-end of the stick in terms of battle.

I don't know when the fight started since I joined up at about Xeno Tech labs but that fight at Bay point must have gone on at least three hours while the VS sent the bare minimum at us. Can anyone who was there when the fight at Indar bay point started give me a rough time?
  7. Bape

I wasn't there with my NC faction I was on my VS alt warming up before I go on Big Daddy until I notice VS was about to loose indar so I decided to stay and see how they react to loosing. Let me tell you there were many tears and anger but heyat least they had indar unlike my faction who never took indar my faction sucks in prime time. But yeh ULTRA is really good they actually have my respect BWC/TE/AOD/ and other tr outfits I forgot.
    • Up x 2
  8. Bape

around 5-7 when the attack started I saw this coming after yesterday attack and vs bragging on having indar lol.
  9. VSDerp

good job. good to read.
    • Up x 1
  10. LoneMaverick

TR = 2 conts, VS = 0 conts, NC = 0 conts.

GJ yall on Indar, was watching it whilst definding our territory on Amerish.

Pretty amazed that the NC actually decided to push the VS finally, instead of waiting for ghostcaps, perhaps there's new leadership? If so I'm happy, would like to fight REAL NC(other than SG, love/hate fighting you guys ;) ) one of these days, now that yall have lost your 4th faction. :)
  11. Vetto

Also We need to have a TR Battlelog to keep record of epic battles!
  12. Strykar

Nice thread. I wish I could have been there to see the end, but real life and whatnot...

Anyways, this thread shows fights between the TR and VS for what they truly are - a clash of the titans. So good in fact neither faction can outmatch the other without the NC. May the lettuce lead us into more wars like this.

On a side note, I look forward to the day where the NC can match the ferocity of TR/VS in battle. If they were only more tactical we could make things much more interesting.
    • Up x 2
  13. EliteEskimo

I was there the entire time, it was an epic battle to take the Bridge, and I think we were pushed back off the bridge once or twice. It was a really hard battle, and their were so many LA's with C4, it was so hard to keep track of everything and my Prowler was Instagibbed numerous times :D
    • Up x 2
  14. Phrygen

Boss thread as always Eski

Proud to say i was there for almost all of these battles.
    • Up x 1
  15. Rockstone

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/fall-of-the-vanu.128782/
  16. Phrygen

also, if you can still edit this post eski, put a bit more "history" into the VS defense part. **** lasted a month. There has got to be some more that can go into that paragraph lol.

would make it sound a bit less biased as well, though you gave them solid props at the end.
    • Up x 2
  17. Bolticus

Great post Eskimo.
    Your forums skills far exceed mine.:p

The competition between Mattherson TR and VS is great. When it comes to Indar, it takes 2 factions to remove a lock.
    But for some reason the NC rarely play a role in creating a large, meaningful fight. They have no initiative.
    I wonder why?
    • Up x 1
  18. Vetto

I am all for A server merge with matterson perhaps a server with REALLY good NC so we can have more 3 way tug of wars =p.
  19. EliteEskimo

Honestly, there were so many epic battles between the TR and VS during the month I have a hard time remembering which ones were more epic than another. A lot of them happened in the areas around Hvar Tech and Indar bay point, that's usually how far we got until the NC started back capping us to Mao and then we had to pull back.
    • Up x 2
  20. Phrygen

indeed. its been a good month for the server.

I honestly think lattice is what made the NC start to play well. They just needed arrows to tell them where to go:rolleyes:
    • Up x 1