Test Update Notes 7/29

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 29, 2014.

1. wajiedkhan

I just lost 95 directive points so instead of 100 Im now at 5points total.
    pts character name : WAJSKI
    • Up x 1
  2. wajiedkhan

Plus I lost achieved directive such as the 160 kill blitz gd kill now I only have the rank 2 blitz gd directive.
  3. theducks

yeah wtf with the new character?
  4. Frigidman

Quit and relaunch the game. My character was 'missing' too, but a relaunch found it. I believe the servers were in restart.
  5. wajiedkhan

:( im waiting for this maintenance thing but after what do I do im still missing the 95 directives points?

any ideas?
  6. SirWuffyFlaffles

I assume the "engineer falling through the world" also includes when jumping out of vehicles? Because I had one instance where I hopped off of a flash as an engineer and fell through the world.

I also had an incident where I was in an NC MAX suit in a bio-lab up against a corner of a room and suddenly clipped through to the other side through the wall. I've yet been unable to recreate this glitch so I'm unsure how it happened.

There was also an issue that if you had auto-respawn turned on, and you were in a MAX suit but didn't have the points to get a new suit, the game would do nothing when the countdown dropped. Has this been fixed?

One thing I don't like about the auto-respawn feature is the lack of world-map involvement. When you die, you should be looking at the map for where you're most needed, like key territory. Personally, I would like to see less "session statistics" when I die and more of what's going on in the world, so that instead of having to re-deploy after I've auto-respawned and discovered I've made a bad choice, I could've had the map in front of me and would have made better use of my time.
  7. Isoscles

Behavior is continuing after server shut down for maintenance using the same method for testing, though the progress on my Directives that I would have expected to see last time was present. Just not updating in game.

PTS: TooCoolForSchool
    Still testing with the same method
  8. Haru

where do we report bugs or problems?
  9. d_carey Developer

/bug in game
  10. d_carey Developer

Thanks for the update, we'll check now.
  11. d_carey Developer

Yes on falling through the world. And yeah, we have that MAX issue tracked too.
  12. d_carey Developer

That's part of the reset, sorry. Test has some inherent risks there. Message Higby in game and he'll hook you up with some auraxium weapons to test.
  13. Isoscles

Some started to update while I was fighting a few guys in a biolab, related to classes and weapons. The objectives section refuses to budge it seems.

Edit: Jackhammer kill streak at The Crown didn't update the Jackhammer Kills portion of the heavy assault directive (TooCoolForSchool)
  14. Zeblasky

Well, it has become a bit better, even if it would be wiser to change ESC for a spacebar. But it's still not that feature that I want to see ingame. 3 sec reduction in spawn time + indirect but huge medic nerf + absolute tunnel vision for new players are just too much.

It is not that PS2 players need that feature, quite the opposite. PS2 playerbase does not need those players who are in real need of such feature. This game is not for them, because it is not that simple. Here full awareness is everything, even on deploy map.

It will be best if you would not try to rework this feature anymore - it will simply eat up your resources without any good benefits in return. Just... forget it and leave it out of the game.
    • Up x 1
  15. St0mpy

Can we know specifically what the change is about so I can ensure I dont replace it in a backup?
  16. uhlan

Hellooo Devs,

I've been playing for awhile and the directives are not updating and what was earned is gone.

Character name: AnalystNC

Sorry I had to log out, but real life happens. :(
  17. zyXHavocXyz

So, let me preface this post with two things:
    1. I don't have much time to play, but I still want to help out (aka get my helmet!).
    2. I didn't read much in the way of how to use the new directive system on the forums because let's face it at least 70% of new gamers won't read more than 5% of the forums before they start.

Things I noticed:
    1. Quick spawn (Enter) - Not a bad idea. If a player knows where they are and is playing their class, this is nice, quick. However, even if the player doesn't care where they end up, the default setup (with enter being the hotkey) requires a keyboard/mouse user to move one hand either away from the wasd location or the mouse, both of which are aggravating enough to nullify the nicety of the quick spawn... the space bar would be better in my opinion.

2. Quick Spawn Bug - I couldn't find a way to repeat this bug, but it happened to me 3 times, all from the same sunderer. I pressed enter, the stats and map page both went away and I was only starring at my dead body. I had to press escape to get back to the map. I regret not having more time to try this out, but I can recall that at least once it happened when I was playing a MAX, which may conflict as it does with the instant action.

3. VS Spiker Pistol - I tried it a few times, I'm not a fan. It seems this is intended to give VS stalkers a more rapid fire weapon (though without a description I can't be sure). I would need to guess the stock TR Repeater would still win in an even fight. It seems to me that charging the pistol (I do like that it does not auto fire like most VS charging weapons), ends up firing only 3 shots. It could have been 4 or 5, but I still had a hard time getting a kill with it. On the other hand, I've had plenty of luck using the Repeater as a near automatic weapon... I'd prefer a heavier hitting charge based weapon, although I will concede that I may not have given it a fair chance.

4. Lead Boots? - Maybe it's just me, or that I don't play the test server much, but I felt the entire time that run speed was reduced by maybe a 5th. I even equipped the adrenaline pump and that didn't help (increased it, but still felt slower than my heavy on live). I'm not for this change at all! ;)

5. Directives - Very cool! The ranking system itself is fairly intuitive, especially when they start appearing on the left. I had two issues with the system though:
    A. The main screen has a listing of upcoming Directives and recently completed ones, but they are not hyperlinked. I would like to see that happen, because they I can immediately check to see what progress was made with my medic/heavy/infiltrator without needing to go through two other menus to find it.
    B. I'm not sure what the rewards are for. Just bragging rights or can they be spent somewhere? There's no tooltip to add meaning to the number. Obviously the Auraxium infused armor has clear purpose, but besides that, I'm not sure why I should complete directives other than to brag (which is in itself worth it, for a time, but I'm sure it will get old after 1 or 2 sets of armor).

Let me conclude by saying that I certainly appreciate all the attention that the game is getting and I know (from experience) how hard game development (and patching) is. I also want to say that I feel this patch is a very cool way to encourage players to specialize rather than jumping around between classes like I tend to do a lot as a loner.

Thanks!
  18. Loligagger

So many directive points lost....
  19. Badinah

I lost the character i created for the helmut test. Is this normal? didn't wipe an older character doe
  20. Isoscles

I think they did character rollbacks on the test server, mine went back to the state it was in prior to testing the directives, BR, loadouts, directives, etc.

And as an update, went through one and a half hours at the crown, no directives updates. Seems like they're very intermittent, and mostly don't update unless you relog. (Char: TooCoolForSchool)