Test Update Notes 7/29

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Lancer299

I can't respawn after I die. It says "Press [ null ] to change Class or Deployment zone" and "Press [ null ] to deploy now at:" I have tried practically every key on my keyboard and I cannot get past the death recap. I re-logged and the problem persists
  2. Leviene

my client is moving way slower in smaller battles, did you guys do something with the game graphs or engine?
  3. Naruta

In allatum biolab, near teleport room besides point [C] there are a lot of places where I cannot go, though visually there is nothing that would prevent me from going there. Just near the room there is a place where i elevate as i walk, althogh the surface looks like there should be no elevation.
    The directives details for carbines do not contain AC-11X and GD-7F (for NC), although after relogin it seems that they appear.
    One time i redeployed at a sunderer that got blown up at the same time, and i ended up "dead" but the screen did not suggest deploying anywhere it was just showing my corpse and blinking "RELOAD". I could only deploy using map.
    One time when I exited a sundered that was deployed besides some rocks i got catapulted into air and flew about 200 meters from the sunderer.
    • Up x 1
  4. Leviene

bullets wont go through those unaccesible pleaces near the C teleporter room.
  5. SirPepsiConnery

Directives and rewards seems to work fine now. Havent had any problems. But I have to agree with some people who already mentioned it - I am not a fan of the quickspawn. But well.. we will see was going live. By the way. I think the new NC sidearm is the best of the three.

Have a good one. Was funny to see some action on the testserver. ;)
  6. Theomanic

It was space bar, but they changed it to enter. I think the problem was initially it was working with space AND clicking the mouse, which lead people to quick respawn when they didn't intend to. I imagine changing the button to enter was to eliminate that, but it does interrupt the "flow" of playing, IMO. I think space (and not click) as the hotkey is perfect, with the default to not auto-respawn. Most people shouldn't be mashing space when they die, I expect, or even if they are, they have 7 seconds or whatever it is to tap it again. Clicking, however, is something a lot of people do without thinking or impatiently.

Also, I don't know if it's just me or it's intentional, but when it says to hit enter to respawn, it actually doesn't accept the command until the timer counts down. As in, if I hit enter, and the timer counts down, nothing happens, even if I sit there a bit after it's cooled down. I have to hit enter AFTER the countdown has reached zero to respawn, which decreases the feeling of a "quick spawn" even more.
  7. AnBuD3ath2u

i think quick spawn should be a feature in the setting, if we want it on or not.
    • Up x 1
  8. orbital

Can someone verify that the objectives system will drop in place on Live with our current stats, kills, ribbons, etc.?

I ask because on PTS for my characters it seems spotty. some kills are there, not all prior to the objectives rollout. I guess when I log back in I should add up my kills on STATS and see if they're in the objectives screens.

In other words, on Live, will my 10000 ribbons and Kills automatically plug in to objectives correctly?
  9. zyXHavocXyz

This is an update to my previous post, in which I said I didn't care for the new VS Spiker...
    Well guess what, now I hate it! I can see no good use for it. I have more success sneaking up behind someone and forceblading them than with this thing. There are three main problems with it:
    1. It has no accuracy at all. I need to get right next to someone to hit them with all 6 (yes my initial estimate of how many bullets it shot on a full charge wrong) shots. The lack of accuracy also means I tend to run out of my clip if my target is actually surprised enough not to put me down before I empty it...
    2. It has no stopping power. If one charged burst was good enough to kill your average Auraxian, it might not be the focus of my frustration. However, I've found it just pisses them off and I'm left firing 1 or 2 shots at them like a BB gun... Force blading them is an option, but then I'd never get a kill with this gun. Better just to knife them a few times.
    3. Because it's a charge based weapon, it makes this horrible charging noise with a very obvious light, so as if sneaking close enough to someone wasn't hard enough, now it needs to be done with a noisy flashy thing at eye level...

I tried for nearly an hour to get the lowest level directive for it, but I only got to 7/10. Then I went and got the underboss and made it to 10 in less than 5 minutes... In live, I've done this with the TR repeater in less than two minutes, several times. In short, I'd never pay 1000 or even 100 certs for this pistol...

Maybe if were like a taser (slows and confuses enemies that it hits but doesn't do much damage) it'd be worth it.
  10. Steel Soldier

My weapon directives updated, however my infantry did not, for my character: SteelSoldier
  11. Cookie5000

I guess it was temporary... Took me about 9 log ins but I got my character back.
  12. NastyBastrd

Lost most of my medals went from around 18 to 4 lost all vehicle and infantry and some weapons Char name - NastyBastrd
  13. Aeon Pyro1515

The new quick deploy screen is a nice touch but if you could make the font size of the hit space to redeploy bigger that would be nice. I know I'm not the only one who is used to hitting space to exit the death screen... Maybe if you could make every key that's not space exit the death screen that would be nice....
  14. Tython

I can't log in at all. The server tries to get me to make a new character, but then takes me back to the faction select screen when I click the button to finalize char creation.
  15. Isoscles

Directives in the 'objectives' tab not updating - specifically 'Facility Captures' and 'Point Control'. Tested by ghost capping on Hossin. 'Objective Support' does update, or at least did previously. (Char: TooCoolForSchool).
  16. NoctD

I was able to get point control and objective support to update just fine, but facility captures was doing nothing at all.
  17. captainCruz

I cannot respawn, It says Press [null] to deploy now. But nothing works. I relog and after I die cant respawn.
  18. TheKhopesh

It's a thinly veiled attempt to make up for (Without actually changing) the terrible crap they've been kicking out to NC here lately.
    :eek:

Sure, all the new ES pistols kinda suck, but the A-tross, the terrible nerf to the range on the max dmg on the Reaper when the A-tross came out, a shotgun with underbarrel shotgun (What use is that if I cannot choose to stick slugs on the main one?), the terrible accuracy loss per shot on the "godsaw" (which is about 1.5 damage teirs higher than the original saw at that! That's a ~150% higher kick!), and the list goes on.

True, the TR and VS are getting some big letdowns as well, but the NC feel like they're being brutalized, as if SOE's an abusive alcoholic and we're the family pet.
  19. Kirppu1

Sad but true, the game holds no values when it comes to different weapons and even if we get them, they are going to force it in with nerfs
  20. Saool

Logged on

Team killed 4 times

Logged off

Sod that for a helmet