Test Update Notes 7/29

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by d_carey, Jul 29, 2014.

1. d_carey Developer

ETA to Test: @ 4pm PST

Important:
    • We're resetting everyone's Settings/Keybindings with this update.
      • Sorry if this is a pain, but we need to adjust keybindings and this is the only way to fix it before it gets live.
    • We're also resetting some Directives. We have a potential fix for the Directives counts not updating properly. The get everything in order and all users on the same page, we're resetting any kill-count based Dirs that are not using Medals. Medals will not be touched by this.
      • After this update, if you end up in a state where Directives are not updating please call it out on Twitter or reply here with your character name and, if you can, wait online until we can check out your character. Don't log off or zone if possible.
    Misc
    • Zone crash fix that affected the VR zone
    • Engi's no longer falling through the world when leaving turrets
    • Quick spawn adjustments (feedback please!)
    • Made multiple weapon marketplace fixes where scopes were not available for SC
    • Up x 2
  2. Steven12345

ah well what about the bug when u jump out of ur airplane and being teleported under the world? will the engi one fix that? bc it takes away ur ownership of the esf too
    • Up x 1
  3. ChaosKaizer

There is bug when u on beacon drop and while landing then u hit some rock or something (indar) it will bounce back up to the sky indefinitely.
    • Up x 1
  4. Frigidman

Yay engy turret fix!

So far testing out the directives has been fairly enjoyable, except I see where people are coming from about the higher tiers and the end rewards for weapon-type directives. Time will tell I guess, but so far PTS testing has been going well (with the occasioanl erroneous reporting glitch, which sounds like they fixed in this).

Will definitely call out any directive oddity after the update.
  5. AdmiralArcher

could you place the directives auraux weapons in the VR or marketplace so we can make sure they actually work? and so dataminers can get their stats to go onto the wiki?
    • Up x 3
  6. Ogedai

Quick spawning is bad! This prevents new players from learning the map and studying the situation before spawning. You're not helping new players get into the action quicker, only getting them killed without them learning why.
    • Up x 7
  7. Auchenorrhyncha

Thank you, based gods.
  8. Prudentia

can i just copypaste my .ini or does the reset change some of the layout of the .ini? cause there were so many Changey done in the keybinding from me and from you guys (eg redeploy from del to u) that i can't keep track of them and i would be really annoyed if i would notice a wrong keybind because something doesn't do what it's supposed to do in a firefight..
    • Up x 3
  9. Flaimbot

you w0t mate?!
    care to elaborate on what exact change in the keybind/settings config is done that it must be reset?
    probably i can edit my keybinds/settings file myself to fix it for me - whatever the bug might be.
    you know, not everyone is just the average consumer ;)
    • Up x 1
  10. dirtYbird

Nice, I know that some of my characters did not get correct updates to Directive counts even after relogging.
  11. Steven12345

well i had all my bronze directives done except for my vehicles... way to break my directives SOE, plz get them back.....

pts character name, Steven12345
  12. vanu123

Is this where we get the analyst helmet for help testing?
    • Up x 1
  13. TheKhopesh

It's not indefinate.
    It sends you to about 150km (150,000 meters) above the surface, and then you start falling again.
    If you're patient, you'll eventually hit the ground and be just fine.
    (But yeah, it's a huge pain.)
  14. AgentRed

It also happens on some of the angled roof of tech plants too
    • Up x 1
  15. TheKhopesh

YES!

A thousand times, yes.
    I too have a number of changes that I cannot remember them all.
    • Up x 1
  16. TheKhopesh

Yes, you should be able to test them and see if you like them before you go to all the trouble of getting the Auraxium medal on five weapons to get access to it!
  17. Isoscles

I believe my directives aren't updating, PTS char name TooCoolForSchool.

Admittedly, all I've been doing to test it was driving around, ghost capping, destroying turrets/terminals and repairing them once the base flipped, so I'm not sure if there are any anti-exploit measures in place to watch for that kind of behavior. Still getting XP for it, but the relevant directives seemed to stop updating after the first base I hit.
  18. Corpsefury

This is my 2 cents about the death / quick respawn screen :

First of all it would be nice to be able to remap the quick respawn key to whatever we want, some people didn't like spacebar but I did (now its the return/enter key). I'm already using spacebar in other games for spawning so it was a seamless transition for me.

The other cent.. I'd like to have an actual button I have to click to close down the death screen. I'm always trying to mouse click the model of who killed me to make it spin to view all the angles and just look at the model/camo like I used to do in the old death screen but instead it changes the screen to the regular spawning screen without my consent. If a button for that is not possible then an option to toggle off the mouse click function for that screen so I can spin/click the model of the last killer.
  19. Steven12345

u know if i could get my directives back that would be great,..... i had atleast 90, and i got 35 i belive, wish one of u special admins could hit me up with my directives..... and all i get is go test again... well screw u too xD
  20. Cookie5000

You didn't mention having to create a new character....