[Guide] Terran Heavy Assault - What you need to know.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Lexicon

Because to get any worth out of it, you have to pop it on *before* you get hit by bullets, as it solely stacks with health. In this type of game, where you're often hit from all angles by surprise, it's practically useless imo. The nmg and adren allow you to pop it on and still get full use out of it even when you're health has gone.
  2. Mindcrime

Correct me if im mistaken but isn't there zero horizontal recoil on the TMG-50 rendering a forward grip useless? Just a thought

-Kylenh
  3. Lexicon

There is horizontal recoil on every gun the game.
  4. TheBloodEagle

Highly mistaken. 0.45 ↑ , ← = → Recoil (highest TR LMG recoil with Carv-S).
  5. WASD123

But you're missing the point you're not just choosing the MSW-R over a shotgun in CQC, you're choosing it over the shotgun at all ranges and the same with the T32 except at mid/long ranges. The only benefits the T32 has over the MSW-R in long range combat is -.5x first shot recoil multiplier and -.05 recoil (and even then the MSW-R only kicks to one side). So what if a shotgun is better than the MSW-R at short range and the T32 is slightly better at mid/long range that does not mean the MSW-R is not the better overall choice since while it lacks the close range power of a shotgun it can actually kill people at 20m and beyond and sure the T32 is a bit better at mid/long rage but the MSW-R is markedly better at close range. So unless in the future SOE decides that players for some reason should be able to stick a pump action under the T32 I don't see why the MSW-R isn't a viable option, rather it should be the most viable option in most circumstances since it is the most versatile. In fact the only times I can see where you shouldn't be using the MSW-R is when you know you'll be engaging in almost entirely CQC (in which case you should use the shotguns) or when you know you'll be engaging in primarily long-mid/long range (which you should use the TMG-50 in).
  6. BuzzCutPsycho

The MSW-R is inferior at range compared to the T32 / TMG-50.
    The MSW-R is inferior to the shotguns at CQC when compared to the NightHawk / Uppercut.

If you want to stick to an inferior weapon for the sake of "versatility" than have at it.
  7. BlackPowderFTW

ok the MSW-R isn't the best for cqc and long range but what about the 50+m between the two ?
    I have killed 2300 people with it and it's the best close-mid range TR LMG, furthemore ennemies whit shotguns are rare out of biolabs so you decimate most of any opponents...
  8. BuzzCutPsycho

At 50+ meters you're better off with the TMG-50.

Enemies with shotguns are anything but rare outside of Biolabs. Towers, amp stations, multiple indoor objectives, outposts like Vanu Archives, TI Alloys... the list goes on really.

You bring the right weapon for the situation you are in. Are you involved in a rolling field battle? Use a TMG-50. Are you about to enter a tightly packed area? Grab a shotgun.

Not sure what the silly love for the MSW-R is. It's an awful weapon that makes the CARV look good. Maybe if it had the ADS movement speed of the Orion I'd consider it... actually... maybe if it was a carbon copy of the Orion I'd use it.
  9. CptFirelord

While I'll agree that the MSW-R is currently very *very* bad, it outshines the Carv. That much is certain. I would assume the reason that most people are falling "in love" with it is due to the fact they bought it waaay back when it was at least decent (if ever). People are adverse to change, and even if you give them the facts right in their face (in this case the fact that the TMG = best LMG for HA the TR have) they will still refuse to believe them and reject them.

Also, what shield would you suggest as a side-grade until one can fully cert into the Adrenaline shield? Resist or the stock NMG?
  10. BlackPowderFTW

Anyway I have the TMG-50 too and take it for outside battles but I don't want to play with a shotgun in cqc. So I use the MSW-R and perform really well with. If that weapon is very bad, as you say, ok i'm a very good player...
  11. mindbomb

ML-7 vs decimator-

ML-7 has faster rockets (decimator is 60 velocity, not 115, right?), one more rocket, and a faster reload time. It still one shots esf and 2 shots mbt from the rear. You actually shouldnt use the decimator imo.
  12. MaxDamage

A few typos.
    Velocity is down wrong here, it's 60 for deci.

But good guide when fixed.
  13. Radec594

Adrenaline over Resist? :|
    I've invested into lvl3 Resist because, so far, I've gathered from reviews and in-game tests that it's supposedly leaving you with the highest health pool once it runs out..

Does Adrenaline act like the normal nano shield? As in, block all damage?
    Do you usually run out of it before the kills or is it just good at leaving you with an acceptable shield pool after the fight is over?

Since when in CQC I usually have the highest probability to kill my 1-2 opponents as a HA, perhaps I should reconsider that kill-to-charge feature..
  14. Lexicon

Like I said, you'd have to have a crystal ball and know exactly when you're about to be fire on every single time to get good use of resist. So, no, it isn't a good option.
  15. Leafanim

While I agree that there are many variables to consider when using the resist shield, after a while of playing PS2 many of the situations you find yourself you generally can predict possible scenarios pretty easily. I finally got nano weave to 5 and resist to 5 so I'm gonna be working on adrenaline shield to test it out.

The resist shield isn't 100% useless if you know what you're doing is what I'm trying to get at.
    • Up x 2
  16. Aciada

Your guide lists all of the conclusions i reached myself but didn't have the time or motivation to write a guide out of. Its nice to know that others consider these things to be ideal aswell.
    • Up x 1
  17. Doogle

Pity about the T32 nerf, really wish the T16 could fit a compensator.
  18. SpankyH

I just wish the T16 wasn't terrible. I mean, I guess its more accurate than the CARV? But its attachments suck, even with the Adv. Foregrip it still shakes like a freezing stripper.
  19. Lexicon

Oh. God. The msw-r really is one useless weapon. For sacrificing half the clip size of a carv, it better have good accuracy...

But no, it jumps around randomly, and ends up being a far inferior version of the orion. I really wanted to love that weapon, but like Buzz pointed out, it's absolutely redundant.
  20. SikVvVidiT

Never really liked the feel of the TMG-50 personally however it's not like we have many options. I was really getting into the T32 Bull but since they nerfed the ammo on it it's pretty much like carrying around a SMG now.

Here is my question though, how do you feel about the T16? With advanced grip on it and HV ammo I have had some very decent results as a all around weapon. What are your thoughts on it Buzz? Or anyone else for that matter.