[Guide] Terran Heavy Assault - What you need to know.

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by BuzzCutPsycho, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

y u no like resist shield?
  2. BuzzCutPsycho

Doesn't work. Seems buggy, breaks randomly and doesn't seem to stop certain types of damage. If it's ever "fixed" I would probably switch over to it.
  3. Ronin Oni

Not only that, but he is flat out wrong on the restoration kit heal %...

Resto kits only heal about 80%... and then over about 3 seconds
    Med kits INSTANTLY heal 100% health.

Even worse, they cost the same amount of infantry resource...

the only difference is 20 certs at rank 1. Few more at later levels, but really... when we're talking about long term investment.... medkits are far FAR better.

I bought Resto right at launch because back then Medkits only healed 50%, so I wanted the bigger heal and the over time aspect was fine with me....

I'm a lil miffed at that actually.
  4. ThundaHawkPS

Adrenaline shield is the best.

Bull has the same damage output as the NC's CQC EM1 but with much better accuracy. It is passable.
  5. Kroova

I was under the impression that medkits have been broken for some time. (e.g. not healing the full amount, health disappearing)
    Will have to get some and test them out.

Nice guide. I now feel the urge to get a shotgun for CQC :p.
  6. Mustarde

+1

Very solid, concise yet informative guide. Thanks for the contribution to the community.

I would try more of these weapons out, if only I could put my sniper rifle down... :) The few times I have used my HA, I have found everything you said to be true, or at least helpful. I will have to try it out more often, and reconsider my position on adrenaline shield (don't play HA enough to realize resist shield is bugged).

Thanks again
    • Up x 1
  7. Dash641

what would you recommend scope wise for the tmg-50?

what other attachments would you recommend?
  8. TheBloodEagle

2x is what I use, even for single fire (currently bugged). It'll help you the most without giving you tunnel vision when you get into a fight at 30m (98 feet) and below. The 2x gives you enough zoom to still hit people. If you're trying to outright just be a sniper past 100m then being an Inf is a better idea.
  9. Jokkie

Solid guide, but I don't understand the reason taking restoration kit over medical on the basis that the cert line is cheaper. The cert cost difference isn't that much to become a deciding factor in my opinion. They also both cost the same in regards to Infantry Resources.
  10. BuzzCutPsycho

It's not just that. I mentioned pacing and the fact that it's a hot means it can be used offensively.
  11. BuzzCutPsycho

2x, Compensator & Foregrip.
  12. Liberty

Well written guide for the Heavy Assault. I picked up the T-32 based on the post and seeing if I like it better than the Carv / Carv-S for a close/medium range alternative.

The only thing I'd add once you get past the "basic" certs (Nano, Restoration, Flak etc) picking up concussion grenades for room breaching, I'd say they are a must have, especially if you are in a coordinated squad that won't run in front of you.
  13. WASD123

You can control the MSW-R's recoil (since it only kicks horizontally in one direction), it also has a much higher dps, it only loses 3.33...% of the T32's velocity (600 vs. 580 which is insignificant), I honestly can't see how you'd view the T32 as better than the MSW-R especially when the MSW-R beats or is equal to the T32 in the stats that matters most. And regarding the CARV vs. MSW-R there's absolutely no contest the MSW-R is pretty much a straight up upgrade from the CARV except with it's mag size, but even then if you need more than 50 rounds to be effective in 90% of engagements you encounter then you probably need to worry about a lot more things before worrying about what weapon to use.
  14. Jokkie

Going against multiple enemies is one of the specialties of the heavy assault. 50 rounds sometimes just doesn't cut it.
  15. WASD123

You honestly can't expect to go toe to toe against multiple enemies because in 90% of situations where you and two enemies engage each other at around the same you will die before killing them both unless they're both terrible due to the low ttk in the game and besides 50 rounds is enough to easily kill 2-3 enemies. The reality is is that 50 rounds is already superfluous in games with low ttk so in most situations it won't matter whether you have a 50, a 100, or a 20000 round mag/drum.
  16. BuzzCutPsycho

I do it all the time. Watch some of my videos.

Anyway the MSW-R is garbage due to weapons performing better in the roles it was intended. To use the MSW-R over the T32 is foolish since the T32 is your mid/long range solution and using the MSW-R in CQC is equally foolish since shotguns currently reign supreme in close combat.

The entire point of this guide is pointing out that you are using the correct weapons for the correct situation. The T32 Bull fills the same roll as the TMG-50 but in a slightly different way.

I'm sorry but if you're using a MSW-R over a shotgun in CQC or over a TMG-50/T32 mid/long you're doing it wrong.
  17. BuzzCutPsycho

Conc nades are good and I use them on my shotgun load out. The only reason I left those out was because they're very gimmicky and used solely for the killing of MAX suits.

If concussion grenades were changed to detonate on a timer as opposed to impact I'd highly recommend them but the majority of the time you end up stunning yourself and the enemy which is rather annoying.
    • Up x 1
  18. Jokkie

That is true, but I always find myself in situations where infantry battles tend to be very large and up close...I always run dry. I average a 3.0 KDR from mainly playing with the T9 Carv on my TR character.
  19. Cross

BuzzCutPsycho, the Adrenaline Shield is bugged too at all levels. At level 5 it takes about 5 kills to restore to full.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/bug-adrenaline-shield-restores-incorrect-amount.57095/

I've tried bug reports and tweets but they seem to be ignored. Maybe if you said something.
  20. Takoita

But there are quite a lot of situations when enemies trickle in - not quite quick enough to be simultaneous, but not quite slow enough to give you enough time to reload. And in the hands of barely average player such as me, it would take ~40 shots to take out two people on a good day. Leaving you with ~10 ammo to try and score an assist or get someone halfway and finish off with a pistol. Which is not that great when you compare MSW-R to other options available to HA.