Taunting enemies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. CrimsonPig

Farm them...repeatedly.

This is enough of a taunt than any other word or asinine action for me.
  2. ThuddenBlunder

The taunts in PS2 seem fairly innocuous and don't really bother me. They are a ton better than some games /spit command (who thought that was a good idea anyways?) It's when someone V-1 "Thank"s me, after killing me by taking advantage of my total lack of situational awareness, that I get a little miffed. :p I also tend to fall to the "I need ammo" or "I need repairs" trick. I usually have enough time to think, "Why would an infiltrator need rep-?" before the death screen comes up.

Ooo, a Saints Row taunt pack for sale in the Store. That would give you a bit of variety and make them a ton of money. C'mon Daybreak, give Deep Silver a ring and see what you can work out, hehe.
  3. Dunkarooo

I don't even like to taunt. However, taunting is done in every game and sport pretty much. It's done because it works on some people. Also, in other news i threw 2 c4 on a turret guy got out right before the second one blew and I then shot him in the face with the burst fire mode of the jackhammer... now that would be the perfect time to taunt but there is no need the guy is already destroyed. I find that when someone is equal in skill to you is when taunting is plausible. In other words if the other player is young or something they might get mad and play worse. It's not important it's more of an afterthought.
  4. Meeka

My favourite way to taunt enemies is when I'm in my Lightning and Vulcan harassers (or any kind of harasser) tries to engage me... I back over their flaming corpses spamming, "I need to catch a ride!" Same with Liberators, there's been an untold number of Liberators that tried to tank bust me that ended up with a nose full of AP rounds... and it's especially lovely to need to catch a ride from them. :D

Anyone who has ever tried to engage SteelPrincess's Lightning with a Harasser discovers how dangerous my Lightning is to them, regardless of the weapon they sport... usually it takes a minimum of 2 crewed, decked out Harassers to kill my Lightning... three if they want a sure bet. Not only that, I hate Harassers so much I will chase them across the map and they rarely ever escape. And I love love love rolling over their wreckage shouting, "I need to catch a ride!" Especially after a long 4-5 hex chase. ;)
  5. Auzor

I had forgotten a couple of tells I've sent:

failed aim on my part and infiltrator; leaves us both disengaging, reloading.. both of us took hits (he opened, got some hits, missed some, likewise from me. Infi had a commisioner).. and thus begins the search. I was in "chase " mode, sidearm out with the darkside light. Second "meeting": same thing; again couple of hits from both; I survive thanks to lampy alerting me to glowy stuff approaching and activating shield.
    Now, these happened very close in time, this was all in/around a small building;
    Anyway, jumping over a balustrade, I spin around with my magshot out, sure enough, mr glowy is in ambush position at the stairs. Third encounter is the last, he dead.

Send a tell: "My Lampy will protect me from the evil shadows!"
    or something like that. :p
    He couldn't believe I had survived all his "hits"; I got a tell pretty much accusing me of cheating.
    Tbh: I was survived he was surviving too; between 1 & 2 I did pop a regen kit. And end of 3 I was almost dead. His biggest flaw I think was he never seemed to land a headshot..
    Possibly hit detection was screwing us both over..
    And yes, my flashlight is my Lampy.. die evil sneaky bastards XD.

Took out a scythe with a phoenix missile; he either rocket-podded or LPPA'd me; both of us death. Send him a tell "totally worth it" :D

I've send several infiltrators opening on me with me winning a tell "stop giving me heart attacks"; especially if it is their second or third time, or "trying to scare me?" etc.
  6. qquqq

I tend to just Finnish off their friends following them after, it hurts so much more when they know it wasn't random chance that led to their failure.
  7. MikeyGeeMan

Isn't seeing my phantasm helmet over and over and over a taunt?