Taunting enemies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Ballto21

i only spot people when im being sneaky sneak if its an engy in a turret or sniper. ENEMY INFILTRATOR SPOTTED
    ENEMY ENGINEER SPOTTED
    sirius to the back of their head
  2. Keldrath

I don't V6 often, but when I do, it's usually because he had a shotgun.
  3. Corporate Thug

I usually don't taunt people unless they taunt me. That being said, the last time I taunted someone was after seeing the guy at some biolab where I was heavily outnumbered and his LA got a few kills on me and taunted each time so when I saw him a few weeks later at another biolab and odds not heavily in his favor, I repeatedly killed him and taunted each time (about 6 times in a row). People are morons mostly and act like they're doing some amazing stuff because they have a great position, are camping or simply have tons of help...
  4. Dunkarooo

taunting is fair game in any sort of game. it's meant to offend or distract someone so that you get the upper hand. unless there is a rule to prevent it then you are out of luck if you have thin skin.
  5. johnway

I never have time to taunt enemies. I'm too busy killing and moving onto another target to taunt other players. Its frankly pointless and no one has directed any taunts or insults at me or in chat. Hell, i don't have time to type out an insult.

If someone does hack me off immensely i either leave or it becomes a grudge match and i try and hunt them down. Especially if they hide in the same place for long periods. Only time i've been less sportsman like was in BFBC2 where if someone killed me was still hiding in the same area, i would just knife him and take his tags.
  6. Pat22

I just do it because I paid 12 bucks for this glorious voice pack and I'll be damned if I can't share it with the world.

Heads up, if I taunt you in-game, it's just because I enjoy the crazy laugh taunt.

Actually no, I like to taunt with intent of taunting just before I detonate my C4 on a tank who never realized I was there, laying C4 bricks on him.
    Hopefully the crazy female zealot voice gives him a bit of a jump as he explodes and perhaps in the future he won't sit still somewhere easily accessible to light assaults.
  7. Crowne

Can't say I bother with V6 or anything like that. Usually too much madness around and moving on to the next kill/death.

However, funniest thing I've had done to me...

I was in a base turret, as engineer.
    I hear "I need ammo!" behind me, so naturally I hop out of the turret to drop some ammo and Shazam!

Enemy kills me after tricking me out of the turret with the "I need ammo" thing. :D

Cracked me up :)
    • Up x 1
  8. HappyStuffin

Shazbot!!
    • Up x 1
  9. Sierra331

Only when I sneak up behind a sniper and knife him to death. If he's really been pissing me off I go overkill and continually knife his body until it disappears. Also works great with the mercenary voice pack on NC.

*Sneaks up behind a TR Sniper*
    *Pulls out Commissioner*
    *Aims it at the TR Sniper's head*
    *V+6 - "Liberty or Deatthhhh!"*
    *TR Sniper turns around in horror to look me in the soulless golden Recon-Grenadier Visor*
    *I pull the trigger once and he dies instantly*
  10. Auzor

I've used V6 after winning fights I should have lost.
    Example: get jumped.. not death after enemy has expended mag? Lolwut... kill em.

Also: reloading.. enemy appears within 15m... SERPENTINE!
    -> Still barely alive as enemy reloads. Kill him.
    Send him a tell "dat aim"
    Have also send tells "aiming is OP!"
    (of course, when I miss a lot of shots it's due to shoddy hit detection :rolleyes:.
    I've had instances where I thought "is that really such bad aim, or am I invulnerable atm?" See tracers from 3 players wizzing by at 30ish meters, and making it into cover with only shields gone.. wut? )

Run into an AI max, toss AV grenade, run around spraying at max upper body+head, max misses everything, max dead.
    V+6: "wanna try that again?" NO SOE! I DONT WANT to try that again!

Tunnel vision max: focussing on those dudes far away.
    I'm heavy, expending my glorious LMG on his buddys, including his pet engineer. Drop C4 down, "boom".
    Yeah, that is V6 worthy.. no silencer, so I show up on the map, engy dead.. still aiming of into the distance?
    Got killed before I reloaded after though.. I feel the quickspawn thing shoulld be removed.

AV mining prowlers etc that are tunnelvisioning, often lockdown is also great.

I've had one enemy lightning blow up his friendly sundy by "dancing" in front of it. I was out of C4, only few rockets remaining.. then an AP lightning starts trying to hit me. Play peek-a-boo around the enemy sundy, killing engys and fresh spawns.. lightning keeps shelling me, eventually destroys the sundy :D. I survived the lightning afterwards too.

Have a few times send an enemy engy a tell "thanks for the ammo" after running into them and they drop ammo..
    Happens to me too: "press f.. ah, ****"

RL to the back, lightning on fire, toss AV grenade to make sure.
    I start reload, enemy drops out, but I was looking around.
    Turn back still reloading RL, see enemy opening fire. Switch to underboss, bodyshot, headshot.
    Empty mag on him, V6-> That was cute!
    He hit me with about one bullet, maybe two.. lolz.

I don't mind receiving a V6 if I screw up myself.. I think it adds flavor to the game, and it drives me to seek revenge.
    "that was cute"
    and
    "you want some"
    are my favorites I think.
  11. Thardus

I will occasionally compliment Infiltrators on giving me a good hunt, if I've spent the last minute chasing them all over the place.
    Other than that, the only 'taunting' I do is to V6 someone with a serious case of tunnel vision, who doesn't even notice the HA or LA standing right behind them, BEFORE I kill them.
  12. KirthGersen

No taunting needed when your stealth MBT suddently appears near a Mag and trashes it to hell in few seconds cuz of rear shots.
    Or Zepher Lib one-clips whole BR100 NC squad who plays "black ops" and spawning Vannies on hacked terminal behind frontline.
  13. MetalCotton

I don't like taunting, never really suits me well.

The only time I'll ever taunt is when things get really heated, or I get caught up in a moment. Like clearing out a room with a MAX suit or something, a good ol' "Live free in the NC." always tends to emphasize a victory after a fierce fight or something. I also tend to taunt after chasing down high BR infiltrators or something.

I'll never send a /tell to taunt someone though, or complain if I got killed. That's just rude and silly.
  14. Gretchen

Btw, as opposed to taunting, I also do send a complimentary tell to an enemy if they did a well executed kill (with me being the victim) - if warranted. I say 'well done' and quite often we add each other as friends in the game after some nice chatting.
  15. Gretchen

Oh man, that guy wrecked me yesterday in a Biolab. Kudos to him :) (I mean the actual character with this name)
  16. tornflags

Maybe I'm too old, but taunting doesn't make sense to me. Also, a funny story: yesterday I killed a VS heavy on Indar, it was an alert and they had a 50% pop. Then after his VS colleague killed me while he was in the vicinity, he proceeded to teabag me and he sent a taunt. HE DIDN'T EVEN KILL ME AND HE SENT A TAUNT.
    • Up x 1
  17. NoblesseOblige

This is a reason why it sucks fighting VS, because they'll do nothing but taunt you after stomping you, usually with redeployside tactics and ADS abuse.
  18. Ghostrider0067

Taunting? Nah. Killing someone is enough. I don't bother wasting time with anything that juvenile and simply move onto the next enemy.
  19. LibertyRevolution

I ask for ammo right before I press the detonator on my C4 to kill a tank. "Do you have any batteries? BOOM"

Most times I get taunted from an enemy that did < 10% damage to me after I downed the 3 other guys in the room...
    Like way to go buddy, too bad you couldn't save the other 3 guys I mowed down before you caught me with that random bullet.

I say "Sorry" way more than I taunt. I actually feel bad when I wreck low level noobs...
  20. Crator

I do this all the time myself.. I want more variety of taunts though.