Taunting enemies

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ballto21, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Ballto21

Weve all been in a position where you have earned the right to v+6 or gloat a bit for killing someone. Whats your preferred method? And when i say this i mean civil method, teabagging, calling someone a no skill noob/scrug/derogatory slur do not count and i lose respect for you.

Ive taken to asking engineers for ammo when i kill them.
  2. Veph

I usually say sorry. But asking dead engis for ammo is pretty funny.
    • Up x 4
  3. HadesR

None ... I don't feel the need to gloat in a game where other factors outside of personal skill have a huge influence .. And even if they didn't I still wouldn't gloat ( unless in a sarcastic reply to a previous gloat ) because ... Why ?
    • Up x 8
  4. Ballto21

in situations like youve chased him, flung **** at eachother for awhile, youre pretty on par with eachother, etc

things where the skirmish was hard fought and played well by both sides
  5. day ofm one

Taunting enemies is respectless.

You killed him?
    Fine, no reason to taunt him about that, no need to be a dish about it.

I don't even know why that feature is in a game, actively giving people the possibility to be rude to other players?

Yeah, that asking for ammo thing is nice.
    Or calling for heal at a Medic.

That is something both can laugh about, not something respectless.
    • Up x 3
  6. Ballto21

Exactly what i mean, things like teabagging, camping someone, or otherwise being an *** with the v+6 spam are rude but unstoppable, however being polite and not going far with it is perfectly fine so long as youre not being Alpha dick ruiner of fun
    • Up x 1
  7. DQCraze

I only taunt failed cloaker attempts. Other then that i consider it a soldiers death.
  8. Veph

Don't be so serious, people...I understand getting teabagged that I annoyed someone so much that they're glad I died, so probably I did my job right. That one being the death of many, many opponents.
    Funniest I had was someone planting C4 on my corpse, and, well, v+6 so what.

But as I said, I tend to be hipster and do the opposite, saying sorry and blowing myself up ontop their corpse. Creativity, no matter how hostile, wins this game for me.
    • Up x 2
  9. Demigan

I usually don't taunt unless it was a good fight, and even then I rather give them a tell.

Just as an example, I was doing a cloaker act at crossroads where I killed about 4 guys repeatedly, one of them was trying really hard but I managed to surprise him and the others with a mixture of luck and tactics.
    Then, after about 16 kills, the guy got me fair and square. He was happy about it and wanted to show it. He use taunt and when I saw the "your best is my worst" message I used /tell and asked him about it. He told me back that he wasn't happy with the message, he just wanted to celebrate his victory, and V+6 is the only way to do that without having to stop fighting.

So I would like to see a taunt message that's used before a fight rather than during, so you can put some fear into your enemy. Similarly, I would like a celebration message, so if you do something amazing or whatever you don't offend people but actually show "omg that was a good one".
  10. P4nda

The only time I taunt a dead enemy is if they no questions asked should have killed me first but somehow I managed to get the killing blow. It doesn't happen every day but it does happen quite a bit. I'll be finishing up a 1v1 and as im reloading around a corner someone will jump me, and Ill either rocket primary or crouch/ADS while reloading and hopefully get headshots before he can down me.

The asking an engineer for ammo part sounds hilarious though, will try next time.
    • Up x 1
  11. Mauzeraut

Really wish SOE would take a hint from Tribes games (like, all of them) and improve their version of VGS. You could have whole conversations with that system.

On topic: I taunt if I'm outmatched and win. Like if I solo rocket then shotgun a scat max to death, or kill an AI/AV harasser in a fury flash from full health. Other times when sheer luck and circumstance makes the situation funny and warrant it, like body-blocking a shield-breaker sunderer from entering an area with my sundy, or backing over a harasser, in which case it's more of a "Woops. Hey certs!"
    • Up x 2
  12. Prudentia

i usually think that throwing a sticky at a stalker infil sitting in a corner and then walking away while he panics from the red marker is taunt enough
    • Up x 4
  13. Alchemist44

I dont taunt. Have no reason to.
  14. DrPapaPenguin

I do occasionally tbag once or twice, but other than that not really.
  15. breeje

one time after killing an BR100 infill about 10 times i send him an message "owned"
    it did this completely for the fun whit no intention to hurt his feelings
    but i did, he send me hate messages and accused me of cheating

now i know how one word can be painful and don't taunt anymore
    if your playing with friends it can be fun but don't do it to somebody you don't know
    i do not remember his name, i always wanted to apologize to him
    • Up x 2
  16. Ballto21

I think taunting etiquette comes down to this
    Example A scenario #31256715
    You are doing normal infantry things, and a sniper kills you with a seeming impossible shot (youre sprinting, hes using a ghost or tr/nc equivalent with a 3.4 scope at long range, etc)

Whisper nice shot
    Seek revenge
    insert some form of playful and not rude/offensive banter here, go about your normal infantry business.

ALT: Ask medics for heals, engies for ammo, and MAXs for repairs.
  17. Rogueghost

I only V6 maxes I've soloed and shotgun users I've beaten in cqc.
    • Up x 2
  18. Mooveoverbrt

I sometimes do the "I need a ride" after taking out a vehicle. Other then that I might send a tell if it was a fun fight, met some cool peoples on the other factions that way!

Phatalend
  19. MrForz

I walk on the corpse and shoot an additionnal bullet on the head should I survive an encounter where I'm supposed to die. V6 seems too underwhelming if you feel the need to do stuff like this.
    • Up x 1
  20. HappyStuffin

Personally I /tell someone "gg" instead of taunting.

It's just good sportsmanship and it makes it feel like a worthy death following a good fight.