South African Servers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dislexable, Nov 26, 2012.

1. thadastroya911

I agree! Ive been looking forward to playing this game but the lag is so bad!!!!:( Why can't they start a SA server really it doesnt even make sense to have that many servers in the Us and not even one of them is full!!
  2. thadastroya911

PS. what is currently the best server to play on
  3. ^Defcon^

1000 people? 333 per faction. 111 on each continent. Good luck finding decent fights.

If you´d have the numbers to make that useful i´d support you!
  4. Izriul

You do not have NEARLY enough players to warrant a server for, it's that simple really - and that's for a game with a subscription, let alone a F2P game.

Also most of your countries internet users have terrible ISP's anyway, unless they've gotten DRASTICALLY better in the last year or so.

Obviously I have nothing against you guys getting a server, but being a realistic - it's just not worth it as an investment.
  5. JHordwell

I didn't know South Africa had internet.
  6. Grimmjow968541

Hey we do have good pc's well not this one but the one in my room and my old pc in my sisters room is pretty tight and just to be fair i play on an EU server , i have a 1 megabyte line and almost no lag. Im from SA so i can't currently see any issues.
  7. IamSalvation

This looks more like the Warping bug you get from overclocked CPUs than lagging... had this too when i tried overclocking my CPU and i have a good ping normaly..
  8. HAYMAKER

Sorry for the year late reply, but I had to comment on this. Where are you from and how old are you? Do you even know where SA is?

As for servers in SA, I play on 198ms on a good day. 214-338 on average day time.
    I think it would be great to have server here. But I think its highly unlikely we would get them.

And as for SA players we do put money into the game. I personally have put anywhere between $300-$600 (also have membership) into PS2 in my country that's way too much money to spend on a game. Let alone one game
  9. CEGrif

nerco bump
  10. Nomad055

i too am from south Africa, it ruins the experience playing with too much lag, we need our own servers
  11. IamDH

Hmm i imagine it could be an issue for South Africa but a lot less for the northern regions like Egypt. You simply cant open a server for the small amount of players for that small area.
  12. Ottomatt

South African server please
  13. Ottomatt

what is best server for south africa? if we not going to get 1?
  14. z1967

All of the european ones are located in the Netherlands IIRC. So I guess just pick one of those.
  15. Taemien

You're still getting better pings than the Australians...

:D
  16. FieldMarshall

They need to make a ISS server. Can barely log in with this horrible ping.
    I have 2 other people here. They dont play PS2, but im sure i can get them to make an account. Thats 3 people!
    We need a server here at the international space station pls. SOE pls.
  17. Boildown

Aren't you guys all on IPv6? How's that working out? Actually curious.
  18. Taemien

Still better than Australia.. no seriously on this one.. I've done Satcom, its only an added 70-100ms to orbit. Unless we're talking geosynchronous (22.3K miles) then its like 150-250ms. :D
  19. MorneBot

Just on the South African Server maybe DayBreak can be so kind and get use also a server.
    I think there is South Africa people that would love to play this also but i do agree with most the ping is so bad on Adsl in this Country.

So come on Daybreak be the cool/Great company that you are and give use also a server.
  20. Taemien

I think you responded a bit late. The game is kinda dying. There's probably not enough interest to even justify two North American servers, much less any in that part of the world.