SOE Live Attendees to Receive Limited Edition Loot Card!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Amnerys, Aug 8, 2014.

1. kungflu

i am entitled to complain for the past and recent exclusives to local us players.
    stop this ******** and bring player studio worldwide
  2. Red87

Or, they could take a page of out of blizzcon's arsenal and offer live streams of major keynotes/events for purchase. You get all the digital items of attending and get to watch everything live. Solves a majority of the complaints. Sure, you won't get the physical experience or any of the cool swag you could snag up there, but I'd be totally cool with just watching everything live streamed.
    • Up x 2
  3. Souleater

Indeed.

A couple of the companies that make tabletop wargaming figures allow people to buy the limited edition or early release models from their web stores for the duration of the convention.

I would want to see the camo first but there is a good chance I would spring for it if it is cool.
  4. lovetheserpent

how do you do these things whats is nvidia inspector ?? i have already configured my game to my system
  5. Iridar51

Check out the performance guide link in my sig, specifically step #6.
  6. Liam23490

Nice one Sony. I live in the middle of England, I'm so fortunate that this event is taking place right on my doorstep!
  7. RyanGUK

I'm peeved, I've made a Reddit post regarding it HERE. If you want to make this an exclusive thing for attendees, don't give them the option to buy more cards for people who didn't go. Either make it available for everybody or just those who went. It's not fair that I need to trawl through a massively inflated eBay price just to get one.

Plus I'd rather the money went to SOE instead of some money-grabbing opportunist in our playerbase.
  8. AgentRed

last year a few people were selling those things for like $50+ just for the cards...
  9. MasterDemoman

This thread is giving a very clear message
    "Nerf cosmetic items"
    Who cares? It's not like they're giving away free NC6A Godsaws.
  10. Pacster3

*Guests who were unable to attend SOE Live to claim the physical card will receive a Loot Card key via email on or around August 22nd, 2014.*

So you don't need to fly there. Just buy a ticket then you can claim the items. The ticket costs $69 (https://www.soe.com/soelive/pricing).
    If people can buy additional cards for $35 then you can expect thoese loot cards to be on ebay for something around $50-60.

So you all can get it, I guess...whether that is worth more than $50 for you is up to you.
  11. StateWaffles

Thanks for rubbing this **** into the faces of those who've not the money to waste on this ******** US only event. Way to go you shmucks...
    • Up x 1
  12. MaCritz

13. Tykune

You kidding? When SOE looks at loyal players, all these see are numbers and money bags.
  14. NevarxTR

People are getting mad about cosmetic items that are exclusive to a SOE event? Wow forumside, wow...
  15. deep470

And two years from now on, when SOE gives that knife away for free (with the code 'SUMMERREWARD'), people will be complaining that they paid $69+ for this item :-D
  16. tluke

Ya something for all of us......
    And why doesn't it say all access next to my name i'm a member -_-
  17. ItsJustDash

Would like that is for sure but I already went to my convention for the year :p
  18. uhlan

Well, SOE Live is a big deal to, umm, SOE.

They want to give their REAL loyal fans something to crow about.

I think it's cool that they hand out some nice stuff to people who show up at their event.

It's all about marketing and creating a 'buzz" around their games.

So if someone shows up in game with some snazzy camo pajamas, take it easy on 'em.

I just wonder if a stigma will be attached to these items like the rewards "earned" by "recruiting" new players.

You notice you never see those things in game.
  19. Iridar51

Because you have to set badges manually in your forum account settings.
  20. gambon2010

This is why i got the bf4 premium and not ps2 **** lol