SOE LAG LAG LAG is insane Proof inside SOE need a fix

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stew360, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. draiocht

Looks like this thread is starting to stray on a tangent.

But anyway: I'm getting about 21ms ping to Matherson today, no local problems (afaik), and yet lately it can sometimes take 2 seconds for a simple fall to register damage. That puts the game in a bizarre state.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't like this a few weeks ago, but maybe I just didn't notice. I have no idea.
  2. kill

This started happening fairly frequently when they put in the patch that allowed grenades/bullets etc to still exist after you died.
  3. Darlithor

Server lag indeed got horrible after the last update. I've been frapsign most of my fights and will compile a list of kills where they are mutual deaths due to server lag. It was never ever this bad pre-patch, did it happen pre-patch? Sure, but not every other kill.

There is still a lot of client fps issues too, my watercooled 7970 should not be dropping to 20fps from 80fps in moderate to small battles in one area, and then 30 in huge battles. I started playing the game when it came out with a 6970 and it was smooth as ice. Jump in a vehicle and it studders to the point I had to turn off motion blur because the fps studdering made the blurring very pronounced to the point of me watching a big smear on my screen. Flying is a pain now because of the studdering at the most inconvenient of times.. Pulling off sensitive maneuvers near the ground results in a huge fps drop and loss of control. Server lag comes into play when it tells me I hit the tree even though its now behind me and I quite easily cleared it on my screen.
  4. AtomicGerman

Eh, everyone just leave or call a mod to lock the thread, we got a toxic cas on our hands.
  5. Stew360

i feel your pain man i feel your pain

since the hotfix tho i dont get thats much FPS drop but the network is horrible way to much , yes it was happening prepatch but thing as gotten worst lately , i dont know for others servers tho but on matherson gods it happen every 2 minute something weird happen like been shot trough walls and cover , been kill while you kill the others first but sometime the battlefeed said he kill me first but in my screen i kill him first and sometime the battlefeed said i kill him first but on his side he probably see that he kill me first and vice versa all the time ...

this need to be adress but this forums try to attempt to oblitarate everyones ...

this problem is real and i understand its a pain in the ***
  6. Cookiepiledriver

One obvious remedy is to increase the TTK. It's simply not feasible to correct for all packet loss, but it is easy to make the gunplay more skill reliant by extending combat time.
  7. Stew360

Also you should pay attention to the battlefeed wich is the servers registering kills , I kill him first on the battlefeed because the kill apear on the battlefeed first and then on your screen with a sec of delay as you can see i already have my (( kill )) in the bottom of the screen while the battlefeed show up He kill me ;)

pay attention to details :)

so it mean the servers register my kill show it up on the battlefeed then on my botton screen hes kill register on the battlefeed after mine so basically ive kill him first but at the same time the servers register his kills as (( good )) and legit and consider my kill as a vengence even if it was not a vengence at all since my kill have been register on the battlefeed first
  8. Stew360

certainly not buffing the ttk wich is already what they did will amplified this issue the more life you get the more issue youll enconter whiout counting Zergs and overnumbers pops vs lower ones So certainly not

dont try to bring the TTK BS in here

thing was pretty much fine at launch compare to whats it is it as nothing to do with TTK
  9. Cookiepiledriver

Hah, what?
  10. Tasogie

no lag on Briggs, check your internet, I would say you get a spike. or your DLing too many torrents while you play.
  11. Incinerage

Client-Side hit detection
    L
    I
    E
    N
    T

S
    I
    D
    E

H
    I
    T

...well you get the idea

Turn your obnoxious level down to '10' and we might be more receptive to what you have to say

Or just stay mad and loud and not get any solution to your problems

Edit: So I just had a look at your twitter and you are without doubt the most obnoxious little babby on the internet at the moment. You are strident in your ill-informed beliefs, which you convey with painful semi-literacy and offer absolutely nothing of benefit to anybody.

Stay mad, stay bad
  12. Stew360

My internet is 100 % fine tested and certified you should read more of my reply with my internet performance ;) or should i make some rigth now for you ok ill do it Mr ;)

brooklyn
    [IMG]
    Wachington DC 500 miles
    [IMG]

LosAngels 2450 miles from here ;)
    [IMG]

and to conclude my internet is 100 % fine i have almost no jitter no packets lost at any time of the day i ahve 20 to 30 ms with matherson servers and my internet is 100 % fine

i have a score of 4.29 wich is the highest score you could get on www.pingtest.net so ;)
  13. Sirisian

As mentioned this is mostly due to other players. Due to the client-side hit detection players simply tell the server they hit you. This can occur after you've killed them. This also applies for things like client-side movement which is the warp you see from player that are playing with high latency. One quick solution to this is latency checks where the server pings the player and kicks them if their average latency is too high. SOE won't do this though as they want everyone to play even if it hurts other people's gameplay experience. It happens on matt randomly at night. I think European players log in from different time zones to play. You might try playing during the day in the US rather than at night.
  14. Bambolero

I play from Europe (Netherlands).
    My Miller (EU) ping is ~ 90ms
    My Matherson (US east) ping is ~ 30ms

What's up?
    Shouldn't it be the other way around?
  15. JokeForgrim

I tried this, I was getting huge input lag and framedrops. So i started recording for like 30mins so i would have "proof" to submit (after the last patch).

Seems their recording code is better than their net code :(

Every time i clearly remembered a lag spike (where i was "aiming" at someone then tried to correct and it "jumped" past them then back) ... Well on the video all the lagspikes where smoothed. The video just looks like i cant aim and im shooting left then right of them, where as i was correct on the middle (on my screen) while the lag spiked and made it not represent properly.

I then recorded a few shorter videos dropping on the new crown, even thought I was aiming at people I was getting no hitmarkers. When i watched the video back, they where in a completely different spot from where i was aiming (their body) and just run right past me.

The hardest part about video proof is it doesnt capture the raw input properly. If it did i would have seen the frame skips and my aim wouldnt just randomly "jump" in the recording when im shooting at someone.

Basically the video just looks like I cant aim and the game plays fine, where as my in game exp was Wayyyyyy different.

So yeah... good luck. Maybe try fraps or something outside the game?
  16. Stew360

On my fraps video everything shows up like lag warping anything

i did those in the beta and you can clearly see the problems ;)

But now i have to clean up my hard drive i have no more space for fraps videos atm i have to many unedited

This was the warp strafing issue from the beta as you can see fraps record it all properly
  17. Mutombo

well, an icmp echo aint a good way to check the latency of a tcp connection (or udp, dont know what ps2 uses)
    this could be a fragmentation or mss issue and there are a lot bugged routers out there.
    apart from that it could be something entirely different, like a syncronisationproblem with multiple cpu cores.
  18. JokeForgrim

Thats is IT! OMG. Finally someone has a video that shows what i see everyday :D

I have seen this since launch when people where running a really high ping or im lagging due to housemates surfing on my broadband.

Not to mention all the classic high ping problems (that dont exist apparently) like lagged hitbox registration (getting hits behind peoples avatar) people warping in and out of existence, simultaneous deaths, getting shot behind cover/shooting people behind cover and that lag strafing.

For Lag strafing: I have only really noticed its when people hipfire as their arms dont do the animation fix they must have implimented for lag strafing. You think how did he shoot me? he wasnt even looking at me? or they hip spray mid range and strafe left and right.

As 10 billion threads say, there is something wrong with stuttering, lag and hitbox registration since the last patch. I honestly doubt they will ever fix it (back to pre-patch levels). BF3 on PS3 and the whole input lag problem (that didnt exist) still hasnt and will never be fixed (and that was SONY, EA and DICE not just SOE). Then again im a an optimistic skeptic so fingers crossed one day i can play again.

As a hardcore game (like at least 3-8hours a day) I couldnt handle playing after the last patch, tried twice (8hrs and 3 hours respectively) on all 3 of my accounts and it was always the same. Warping...Lag...Stuttering...Weird ESF things... Something is clearly wrong compared to that smooth (rarely laggy) game i had 2 days before!

So instead of the $30 i had ready for some vehicle weapons and shotguns being spent on staion cash, i spent it on minecraft (a game i always wrote off) Actually worth the money!

Whats it been now 6-7 days?.. yeah I miss the game and my friends/nemesis', but i dont miss the last few times i played and i havent seen any official announcements that encourage me or acknowledge the problem (sorry i dont use tweet-ard and never will (can you tell i dont like 200 character limits??))
  19. Clutchstep

Now you're really making things up; the first image is the only one that appears to show your name (I assume you're the NC with the name starting with "Stew"). That image shows you getting killed, but it doesn't show you killing anyone. You showed the image with you getting the kill first, but there are no timestamps to prove that's the actual sequence. It's also notable that the killspam in both images doesn't show you killing anyone. So again, your pictures aren't proof of anything.

In fact, the second image appears to be the first one, as there is a line of someone named Ssul... killing Thul... that appears at the bottom of the kill spam where Zarc kills you, which is then at the top of the image showing you get the kill on Zarc. So the sequence looks like he killed you first, then you somehow killed him after (grenade, mine, slow bullet, whatever), which fits in with you getting the vengeance bonus.

So stop making things up.
  20. Nikushimi

Four pings at 32 bytes wont show much of anything as it could be a intermittent spike. Also you should be using tracert not ping
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.