SOE Cyber Monday Sale: 25% Bonus on Station Cash!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Nov 27, 2013.

1. McToast

Moin

Don't want to hate on SOE, it's your thing for how much you sell your SC. I just want to say that I would buy 3k SC on a double SC sale and 6k SC on a triple. I won't buy any more SC for less than a x2 sale.
    Take my money or don't, it's your decision.

Grüße,
    regards,
    the Toast
    • Up x 2
  2. Ziogatto89

Planetside 2 is not the only game you can spend station cash on.
  3. Yikes

Aside from the 'deal', I wonder why they end their sales in the middle of the day? Most people are at school or work.
  4. WyrdHarper

One of the problems, again is value.
    Buying $10 would get you enough bonus for composite armor.
    Buying $20 would get you enough for a camo.
    Buying $50 would get you enough for a new helmet with change.

A sale that doesn't give you a good boost in purchasing power is a bit weak.
    If the problem is that SC works on all games, they could've done concurrent ingame sales to really drive purchases and increase customer loyalty.
  5. SchoolboyACE

Wait, I don't see any in game discounts? Am I correct that this is just the SC bonus then, and no discounts?
  6. Cleaver

This IS a 20% off sale.

A few people seem to have missed that. 25% bonus means that if you pay for $20, you receive $25 worth of Station Cash. In other words, your $25 SC is 20% cheaper.
    • Up x 1
  7. thenewbie

I'm somewhat shocked that SOE would give us a smaller discount on CYBER MONDAY than Black Friday, I mean seriously, CYBER MONDAY IS ONLINE WHILE BLACK FRIDAY ISN'T.
    • Up x 1
  8. Cromell

I think someone reported that carbines were 50% off for an hour? Didn't play much today so if there were any deals, I missed them all.

You're right, I didn't really bother to do the math, since the offer was bad to begin with.
  9. John_Aitc

Your negative posts are terrible. SOE is giving us a discount on something that you never ever had to purchase to play Planetside 2. I hope there will be a 50% off xmas sale also. SC is not exclusive to this game. EQ:N will be another place where a lot of my SC will be spent. These are all good chances to stockpile SC at a discounted price for multiple games.
  10. Amarsir

Last night, a "flash sale" with an in-game announcement. It's been done at least once before. More interesting, their Twitter announcement said 25%. Twice. Which means in the last ten days they have:

1) Advertised an xp + resources boost on the anniversary package when it was xp only.
    2) Misdelivered camo to single characters instead of per-account.
    3) Delivered the boost to all characters via website purchased, allowed this to be public knowledge, then changed it without warning.
    4) Announced a Black Friday sale on Wednesday with the text "ends Today"
    5) Announced a Cyber Monday sale on Sunday with the text "ends Today"
    6) Stated the wrong percentage on the flash sale. Twice.

Now regardless of whether we personally like the sale prices or think it's effective pricing, these mistakes are clearly indefensible. It gives the impression that they are disorganized and clueless, and sends a warning about spending money even if you do like the price.
    • Up x 3
  11. Jonal

It's not just SOE, I am waiting on plenty of other companies to have real holiday deals, not just these normal looking sales. I have money to spend! First company online or brick and mortar that starts doing REAL HOLIDAY DEALS will get my money.
  12. DeadliestMoon

Yet people are complaining on these forums about how SOE does business...
  13. TheBlindFreak

Well, they once set the bar with 3x and 2x station cash deals. Then for black friday, they set a mediocre sale (terrible deal compared to the 3x deal) and said wait till monday for another great deal. Come today and we get a 25% bonus, which for a $20 purchase equates to 20% off. And by simple subtraction, you see that it is most definitely worse than the 30% sale.

So yeah, they hype us up saying there will be great black friday and cyber monday sales, and then they give us this. (Not to mention they removed legitimate posts pointing this out.)

If this trend continues to Christmas, I highly doubt loyal players like myself and others will continue to be loyal as far as buying SC to help support the devs.
    • Up x 1
  14. Nerkun

No. Add one dollar to another dollar and you added 100%. Subtract that same dollar and you lost only 50%. 20% is $5 ONLY when you go from %25. 20% of $20 is 4. So no, this is not a hidden 20% off sale. In an extreme example, what you said is that a triple station cash event is actually a 66% SC event because 100*3=300. Those additional 200SC you got from the triple station cash event are 66% of the whole 300SC.
  15. CaptainButtes

2x or 3x at Christmas, or I'm not buying any more SC.

All most people need is vanity items now, and you're not going to sell them at the rationalised "30% off" prices. Means you're still paying $15/16 for one of the black PDWs or Commissioners.
  16. CaptHaddock

So SOE have provided the discount, but where are all these additional Cyber Monday deals? We had a depot sale late Sunday on carbines, and nothing today. Is this just yet another example of false advertising by SOE? Losing total faith in your marketing department - I'm amazed at the volume of errors that a high-school student could avoid
  17. SGT-Bilko

I consider myself a man of principles. If SOE is going to get so greedy, I would rather literally burn the cards than use them. This is the kinda activity that RUINS games. Good luck with your new business priority, RUNNING AWAY EVERY PAYING PLAYER!

Apparently I have to be constructive with every post now, so let me say, this sale is a sale.....and it is going to run off your entire paying player base. That might not be kind, but it is true. If you do not find a better way to run things people are going to LEAVE IN THE MASSES!

When people start quitting, ruining the only good thing you have going for you is not the solution!
  18. SGT-Bilko

If insulting us is the best you have, keep it. I can get that without ever logging in. Thanks SOE....

Edit:
    I have quit games for less.

My posts are not constructive enough, if you do not suck up with each post, now it gets deleted. I was wondering why such an insulting thread only had 3 pages.
  19. Desann

Who plays other SOE games. Ok before you reply I am sure there are others, but seriously I think the other games are....meh. The only other decent SOE game was SWG. "WHAT WAS DEAD MAY NEVER DIE!" - Game of Thrones.

I myself spend my SC only on this game. I feel the prices of in game items are WAY TOO HIGH and only buy things when I can combine SC deals with in game sales. Then I feel comfortable spedning a few bucks for a cosmetic item, and not $7-$10 on a decoration for a video game character.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to spend $XX on this game, but would like to be able to buy 20 different cosmetics and not 2 cosmetics. Some of which are factional specific....

Actually if you do the MATH, this is a 20% off sale. Allow me to educate you on this matter.

So you have 1000SC or basically $10 in game that gives you 25% more. Check this out!

$10 divided by $12.5 = .8 or 80% or EIGHTY PERCENT.
    OR
    1000SC divided by 1250SC = .8 or 80% or EIGHTY PERCENT

Another example:
    the 5000SC yields 6250 or $50in game yields $62.5in game

$50 divided by $62.5 = .8 or 80% or EIGHTY PERCENT

So yes...this is essentially the same as a 20% OFF sale, but it is instead a 25% bonus deal. You are still paying for 80% of the SC you select in any amount.
  20. SGT-Bilko

I quit, good luck getting your player base back.