SOE Cyber Monday Sale: 25% Bonus on Station Cash!

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Ashlanne, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Ashlanne SOE Community Team Project Manager

[IMG]

Cyber Monday is here! Great online deals happen on Cyber Monday, which is why SOE is offering a 25% bonus on Station Cash!

Purchase Station Cash in-game, via the website, or redeem a game card for Station Cash this Monday, and you’ll receive a 25% BONUS!

Hurry! This offer ends at 11:59pm PST on December 2, 2013!

Don’t forget to check participating in-game Marketplaces for any additional Cyber Monday deals!

* Excludes purchases of Station Cash by SMS payment.
    • Up x 1
  2. MajiinBuu

Still waiting to activate old game cards.
    Please triple SC!
    • Up x 8
  3. Desann

I can't find the thumbs down button...

I totally bought 1000 SC for $7 on black friday in the hope...the HOPES...that it would be worth it on cyber monday. Who knows, maybe you will wise up and have some good DEALS tomorrow.

Otherwise, I will scour the daily sales and wait...and WAIT...and WAIT!!! until I see something I want. Oh BTW, a 100cert item is not a good sale. I'm curious how many people actually buy 100cert items with SC

EDIT: oh the ad says 11:59pm TODAY again...no people they mean TOMORROW December 2nd. Please don't get confused by the ad and accidentally buy SC today....
  4. LividPatriarch

Just gonna jump back and expand on my previous point, but aside from the renting of whatever media you use to distribute Station Cash and collect funds from your actually supportive customers, surely, SURELY the actual cost of distributing station cash is minimal. You will still turn a profit by giving us a better sale, so, could you, you know, do that please?

And at the end of the day, we can ***** and moan all we like, but nobody's going to make the sale any better
    • Up x 4
  5. WyrdHarper

Why didn't you have this one first? You know, the ol' "SC is discounted for friday, and expect some good sales on monday so stock up!"
    Would've been much more sensible and probably better financially.
    Or you could've done like valve did and had the sale run all weekend ( a paired SC discount and item discount over a four day period would've likely netted way more than either alone, especially given how wary you've made customers).

Not to mention that if I decide to impulse buy 1000 SC, that extra 250 can't buy me much. Add to that the lack of new cosmetics (other than horrible faction-colored camos), general high prices, breaking cosmetics (worsening camo coverage and changing faction colors so they look terrible), not fixing cosmetic bugs (decals covered by armor, removing things "because they'll be added back in later in a better way," etc), and delaying new purchasable content (ESF update, infiltrator update, anyone?), and there's not a lot of reason to spend money because of a 25% bonus.

It's also december; wallets are tight because people are buying things for the holidays, and steam is running great sales (I can buy hours and hours and hours worth of games for the price of a helmet in PS2). You've really got to dazzle people if you want them to spend money on this game, and there is not a whole lot of dazzling going on.

If only there was some kind of official forum where people have been expressing these kinds of concerns and telling SOE exactly what they'd like to see in order to start spending more money again...
    • Up x 7
  6. Ragnafrak

Wow. Just.. Wow.

I really didn't think it would get any worse than that 30% ball of lameness on Black Friday. 25% flash sales are one thing, but this?

2x or 3x sale soon please. Loosing interest in SC.
    • Up x 7
  7. Beastorz

This deal keeps getting worse all the time.

Since PS2's release (I know Station Cash is for multiple games, but bear with me), I've seen these deals go from:

Triple -> Double -> 40% -> 30% -> and now 25%

It's almost offensive as a customer.
    • Up x 11
  8. EMP1RE

9. Desann

*In song voice* There's always TOMORROW! tomorrow!! TOMORROW!!

SOE....redeem yourselves on "Cyber monday". Give us mega discounts on decorative items and such!
  10. ShiroSan

bought 2 game cards myself months ago... If I don't see triple soon I'm going to regret it massively while watching them collect dust month after month after month...
  11. GamerDJ

Hm... time to rush my *** to battle rank 100 before Christmas.... That way I'm ready to quit when the trend continues to 10% off, or less. Hey people, what do you think about a FREE 10 SC per purchase of 1000 or more? Good? No.

Triple > Double > 40% > 30% > 25% > 10%?? o_O This is a joke right?

When I set a goal for myself, I complete it, and I'm sure to hate pushing to BR100 if the game continues in its current direction. Just a hint, Sony: you're not making any friends or many new customers here... you would make more money by offering at LEAST a double XP sale compared to a measly 25% off pile of ****. I'm sure you're not exactly losing money selling virtual currency either.... what an awful sale, especially after Planetside 2's launch on PS4. Good job SOE, you're doing good. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  12. kickasspipes

I have altered the deal, pray I do not alter it further...

• Up x 10
  13. Hicksimus

O.K. funny stuff OP.

What's the actual sale?
    • Up x 2
  14. kickasspipes

As you have probably figured out you are on page 2
  15. Hicksimus

Must everything get worse as time goes on here?
  16. RobotNinja

A 25% bonus! Better stock up everyone!
  17. Amarsir

SOE is clearly an amateur operation, as noted by their continued inability to use the word "today" correctly. However, as I said in the other thread:

Unlike Friday's deal, this actually applies to Game Cards. (Or so they say. I really don't trust anything in their ads anymore.) So if you really want Station Cash (and I personally don't think they deserve it) you can

1) Go to Walmart
    2) Buy a 2000 card for $15.
    3) Redeem it on Cyber Monday for +25%
    4) Get 2500 SC total
    Which nets to 2500 for $15, effectively a total 40%.

Still disappointing, but if you're going to do buy anything that's the wiser way to do it.
  18. LigerXT5

Ya know, if would be a lot more logical if it was the other way around.
    25% bonus on Friday. (Oh heck, go for the infamous 2 or 3 time bonus in SC!)
    30% off stuff on Monday.
  19. 10thRMDredd

I am a zealot for Planetside2.
    I have spent heaps of cash and time on the game.
    I will continue to spend heaps of cash and time on the game.
    I do not need a sale to get my moneys worth at all.
    However, I do NEED other people to play and pay for stuff, so please do not vex them any further. I reckon not having a sale at all would've been a superior marketing step for the 'masses' than highlighting the difference between previous sales and the current offers.
    Obviously with PS2 on console now the market scale just got really really big. SOE has worked hard to get to this point.
    Even 1000 posts on here would not represent a drop in the ocean of the potential player base.
    Discontent can grow though SOE, please be careful in how you are perceived.

Love your work.
    • Up x 4
  20. CaptainSheep

If they would have offered a 50 percent bonus on SC I'd have dropped thirty bucks right then and there. On a free game. The reason why: 3000 SC * 1.5 = 4500 SC = 5 x 700 SC. Five items exactly, no "wasted" SC. I would have bought it because it's a good discount and it would allow me to get items without any leftover SC. I have a suspicion a LOT of people would buy that much SC just because it would add up nicely and it's fairly affordable.
    • Up x 1