So we basically get a longshot 2.0?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Bape, Feb 10, 2014.

1. RogueVindicare

That's no different than shooting at a MAX with a Lancer. Yeah, it hurts them quite a bit, but it's quite difficult and very inefficient; no MAX is going to stand around and let you put 3+ full charge shots into him/her. That doesn't mean it isn't a capability of the weapon.

And considering this is a SNIPER RIFLE, which is not an anti-armor weapon type normally, this is something of significance.
  2. doombro

Yes. Meanwhile, we get a SOAS 1.5 and VS get an anti-infantry lancer.

At least yours is a little bit distinct.

That's what TR has been crying for since before the Striker was released. Nice things never happen on this planet.
    • Up x 2
  3. HadesR

Should give it a secondary Fire mode .. Which is a charge up feature and uses the entire clip .. And causes dmg to vehicles :)
  4. Hoki

Don't tell nobody, but this does ohk beyond 300m
  5. Reavx

Can you read English?
    You were using we as a collective I was using our as the fact that whether you like it or not the Railgun belongs to all NC.
    Seriously.

You and the rest of the whingers don't want more ''content'' you want some ubsurd rifle that will deal with anything that comes your way, something overpowered and hard to balance.
    Infiltrator update does not mean, patch to make Infiltrators become the gods of PS2 until another class gets updated, its simply more features, like the cloak and more weapon choice, you don't like the railgun? don't take it the rest of us who aint so buthurt about not getting a lancer on steroids will get it.
    • Up x 1
  6. Nephi1im

Yes, because getting a gimmick shotgun is totally better than a best in class BASR....

Why does everyone on here insist on making up some fictional scenario where 1v1 exists? Three snipers on a max that isn't playing the turtle game is usually death to said max.

It's not effectively hitscan. Have you shot the thing? It is noticeably faster than the longshot, but by no means instant. Even a .25 second travel time on a target at 250 meters away is not point and click. Stop exaggerating based on non-moving VR targets (assuming you've actually tested it).

Again, this makes me believe you haven't used it. The range you needed to even two shot someone with that terrible thing was about like just no scoping with a longshot. It was terrible, and it made no sense on something meant to be a max range rifle.

Wait, so it was awesome as a shotgun/BASR, it was "nerfed" to be a BASR, and now it will be nerfed because it's too good? Get your story straight. For a third time, it sounds like you never used it. Also, for reference, the VS rifle has no drop in either mode. Finally, the term is "intents and purposes".
    • Up x 1
  7. gnometheft

Can't base a current item with future unknown variables.
    It has disadvantages compared to the standard BASRs as well, including most importantly an extremely easy to see visual effect, no straight pull bolt, and no suppressor. It is by no means Over powered .
  8. Nephi1im

I wish people would quit quoting this as though Higby himself doth decree it. None of the ES snipers have ANY attachments on test at the moment. Hekc, last I used the TR rifle it didn't even have ironsights. There is no indication either way as to what attachments they will or will not have.

Deductive reasoning actually points to them getting the same attachments as every other sniper rifle, including the straight pull.
  9. Teoke

Well, It's either this or a secondary shotgunmode. Else you're quite out of luck, in regards of your Faction-traits.
  10. Tar

this is what the devs should have realized before they started insisting there absolutely must be a new set of SRs
  11. NinjaTurtle

I have been in VR extensively and used it and I still stick by what I said. The shotgun was more interesting to me than this current version. I have sniped a reasonable amount and I don't think +200m/s is a reasonable benefit

I think it could have been tweaked just a little to have made the secondary slightly better whilst not being OP and it could OHK at point blank to the head too, whilst still being a very good bolt action.

Also it's a game things don't have to make sense to me fun is better than functionality whereas clearly you are approaching this from a completely different angle
  12. DxAdder

Why would you want a sub par sniper rifle and a sub par shotgun ?

The shotgun while a interesting idea was NEVER going to be good, no one wants infiltrators running around with a
    0HK shotgun. I could empty a clip from my pistol before i got off two rounds from that shotgun.

Right now the NC weapon is useful and I might buy it but the Shade and the Trap are just god awful.
  13. Nephi1im

Different strokes I suppose. I don't find it fun to use something soundly inferior to my pistol for CQC. I said it somewhere in another thread, but the only thing the shotgun would have been good for was humiliation kills. I am pretty confident that the shotgun part of the equation would have been used for fun for about a week, then 99% of the time, it would have been a sniper rifle.

In my mind that adds up to not fun. I would much rather have something that functions, better in pretty much all areas than its predecessors, and gets me kills. The new iteration will do that. Granted, from the beginning, I said that a better longshot would be fine by me. A large part of that idea is that there is very little they can do to a BASR that is useful and balanced. I much prefer an upgrade to a questionable sidegrade.
    • Up x 1
  14. Nephi1im

I've actually seen VS and TR calling it a nerf to NC. I hope that is the general sentiment. I would be stoked for the current iteration to go live and stay where it is. I understand the frustration from those wanting any number of multiuse things, but I snipe with sniper rifles.... This is the best of such guns, so I'm not the least bit miffed by this change.
  15. Wobberjockey

honestly if it had been a a personal defense weapon type deal it would have been pretty cool.
    sort of like an under barrel shotgun or the like.

but i think the initial damage values had it 2 shooting maxes.
    no idea why they just decided to scrap it
  16. Thrud007

Shade imo sucks. Who cares about ammo. Too many things to juggle. Charging and trying to hit a head shot at the exact moment.
    And the no bullet drop 550 m/s is irrelevant vs NC's 850 m/s speed which is practically no bullet drop insta hit. I'll just stick to the parallax.
  17. Chrispin

[IMG]
    ^^^^^
    Another thread full of this substance. Brought to you by the NC
    • Up x 1
  18. Craftyman

HARHARHAR! a sneaky 'umie dat don't know 'iz own strengf? Da boyz iz gonna luv dis wun
    • Up x 2
  19. Pikachu

And forward grip.
  20. DevDevBooday

Would you enjoy some cheese with the wine? :p
    • Up x 2