So, NC medics, current opinions on NS-11A and Reaper?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by disgruntled newbie, Dec 2, 2013.

1. TheKhopesh

Congratulations!

It's really a pain when you first start using the Reaper, but by the end of it, when you switch to another gun you find yourself missing the feel you got for the power behind each shot. (Or at least I did.)
    :D

I've got every AR available to the NC, and I've gotten Auraxium on all but two-

The Gauss Rifle Burst:
    Oh GOD does it need more accuracy than the standard!
    (Well, not accuracy, but less -about half- bloom-per-shot, and no 1st shot multiplier).

Using the Burst, you cannot simply click the mouse button as needed to fire single shots when needed, and with the accuracy of the NC1 Gauss Rifle, at range that is often a death sentence.
    You burn twice the ammo to fire at ranged targets if you burst, or die when you need to switch off single fire when someone shows up close enough that they can go full-auto.

As well, it's a BURST variant!
    Why does it not have a 3 round burst AND a 2 round burst?!
    Burst options are it's whole shtick!

All burst variants (Except the TR SABR, as it's a range-specialty weapon that just happens to burst fire, and not a burst variant) should have 3x and 2x options.

Why SOE, why?:mad:

And the other gun I still need Auraxium on is the NS-11A (I just got Auraxium on the NS-11 Platinum, so I still have to get another 997 kills on what is literally the same gun. Just a different paintjob.... which I will have my camo covering over anyway... :p).

I do wish that if you unlocked attachments for a weapon, it was unlocked for any variants you have.
    Why do I need to cert a second suppressor, laser sight, and multiple sights for the same gun with a different coat of paint?
    Especially so, seeing as how I won't be using the first set if I already have a primary weapon.
  2. Lewk

NS-11A is amazing. It is my absolute favorite gun next to the ns-15m now. If you are able to aim at the head and control your shots with burst, you will drop people consistently and it will feel like you are performing high precision brain surgery.
  3. Nakar

Again, I just want to point out that the DMR has the same effective TTK as 143/750 weapons (like the Carnage, T1 Cycler, Jaguar, and so forth) provided you can hit with all bullets, and as has been mentioned the knife threshhold is slightly better making the TTK with knife superior in many instances. It's actually not that bad up close now, provided you're not missing shots a lot in close-quarters combat.

Although of course the GR-22's damage output is better, since it's 143/800 with better hipfire.
  4. TheKhopesh

What program did you use to record this video?

I've been having trouble with the in-game record function.
  5. cruczi

I roll with the Gauss Rifle S because smoke is such a good tool for protecting your squad and setting up for a revive in a hot zone. It's pretty good performance-wise as well, a bit more controllable than the default rifle due to the slower ROF.

I find it's important as a medic not to draw attention, so I use a suppressor (and at night, HS/NV over the iron sights)
  6. Moisture

Based on Easily 20 minutes solid of just shooting dummies at the range I am 100% convinced that the Reaper is just Superior.
    Both are lacking at close range, But the reaper has a better damage if you dont miss. But the reaper just drops targets faster at mid range. And thats all I really want from a AR.

They are overlapping in role but the Reaper stands out better doing it. Seems like a great gun for the other factions.
  7. Thor04

NC medic is best in my opinion I just love gun selection on my TR medic I'm stuck with T1 cycler and it doesn't suit me it fires fast but spread is just bad to make it effective as gauss.