So, NC medics, current opinions on NS-11A and Reaper?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by disgruntled newbie, Dec 2, 2013.

1. disgruntled newbie

Personally I'm a pretty bad twitch player and I get *destroyed* in close quarters regardless of what I'm using. That's why I play mainly support roles. I have a big pile of certs, my medic tool is already maxed, and I was trying out rifles in the VR mainly with an eye to medium-long range where I stand some kind of chance. What are people's current opinion on the NS-11A and Reaper for medium-long range work? Both of them seem to handle better than the standard NC1 gauss rifle on automatic...
  2. Pikachu

Don't bother with the DMR. NS guns seems to have super good accuracy.
  3. Blackinvictus

I would check out the GR22 AR. Its a hip fire beast in CQB and not too bad at range either.
    • Up x 1
  4. thePankakeManne

A laser sight on the NC1 Gauss Rifle usually fixes all the issues with close-quarters fighting. At least, it does for me.
    • Up x 1
  5. Greyfrog

Carnage. Adv laser if you hip fire, adv foregrip and compensator if you don't. Soft point ammo.
    • Up x 1
  6. Elsewhere

I *Really* like the NS11A on all my Medics.
    It is very accurate and precise, but the trade-off is that its puts out less raw DPS than nearly everything else. My view is that getting shots on target is more important than how much damage or ROF those shots bring. Missed shots do zero damage.

I play with a 2X reflex, grip and ADS 90% of the time. For my NC alts, I use this mainly because the Carnage doesn't have 2X reflex which is important to me. Its decent at all ranges except point blank, but seems to prefer combat in the 30-50 meter area.

Although you should be aware that if you go purely by numbers, it is inferior to nearly everything else, particularly in straight ROF/Damage comparisons. That said, I just feel more comfortable with the NS and it seems to suit my playstyle and works for me.

Of course YMMV.
    • Up x 2
  7. Badname707

Reaper isn't as bad as it's made out to be, somehow significantly better than the ACX-11 in my experience. It will lose basically any CQC engagement, but if you're in a line fight where there's lots of cover it can put out a decent amount of damage accurately before your target ducks out.
  8. TheKhopesh

Carnage BR for med-long range, GR-22 for CQC and close range.
    • Up x 1
  9. teks

I think my accuracy is on the low end of average, and I swear by the NS11-a as a VS player.

It's recoil is so low, and those 5 extra rounds usually mean the difference between a kill and switching to a pistol. Its very good at picking targets from a variety of ranges. I really like the feel of the gun.

I kinda think the nanoweave nerf will make guns like the NS11-a even better. If headshots aren't effected by nanoweave, then easy-to-control guns will have an easier time.
  10. GunsmithJoe

DMR is a beast if you are not in the front line. Mops up enemies with ease, but will require frequent reloads.
  11. disgruntled newbie

Well, after extensive playing around in the VR and trying out some recommended attachments from helpful NC bystanders...

NC-11A
    Fore grip
    Suppressor
    HV ammo
    2x reflex

If you're a NC player and you've learned how to fight our gratuitously high recoil, this thing basically has no recoil to speak of even with HV ammo. You can hit a guy in the head with a 3 shot burst ...from 50 meters away. Not as strong as the Carnage + laser in close quarters but at medium and long range it's a damn laser beam. I didn't even appreciate how many of my shots were missing on automatic until I bought this and they stopped missing. If everybody else's rifles are like this it's no wonder NC gets our ***** handed to us constantly.
    • Up x 1
  12. Dezik

I completely disagree about the NS-11. I can't seem to use it. The lack of damage just doesn't make up for the accuracy in my opinion.
    I personally find my best weapon load-out to be:

Carnage BR
    1x Reflex
    Compensator
    Advanced laser sight

To me this provides the best firepower for close to medium.
  13. Stagier

I've been an NS-11A devotee for a while and definitely think that, in the mid/long range, it's a solid choice. Some good scope options, decent handling with proper attachments, and a suppressor can help you stay under the radar without giving up too much. My only gripe is that, recently, I've felt like I needed something more effective for close quarters. So far, I've been moving towards the Carnage...but I'm starting to get the itch to go boomchicka shotgun. Sweeper looks nice (I think? Still testing in VR...). Might also try the GR-22 if the Carnage isn't getting it done.
  14. Ttariel

Join the NS master race
  15. MrK

Both are the worst NC CM weapons for me.
    You're better going with basically anything else in the NC AR arsenal. These 2 may not be "bad", just not getting the best you can get out of the rest.
    The easiest and imho most efficient solution is to go for the Carnage.
    • Up x 1
  16. pnkdth

Carnage BR. Adv laser sight or grip depending on what you're doing. You don't really need any other AR.
  17. Oathblivion

I'm not a fan of the NS-11a or the Reaper DMR. Compared to the standard NC1 Gauss Rifle (my precious), it does noticeably less damage in exchange for having superior full-auto accuracy. The solution: tap the trigger instead of holding it down.

My problem with the DMR lies in its rate of fire. When I'm trying to plink things at range, which is where the DMR arguably shines, I use the Gauss Rifle Burst with high velocity ammo and a 3.4x scope. That gives you insane bullet velocity as well as keeping a decent rate of fire for when things get closer. Honestly though, I rarely even use this setup. The NC1 works perfectly fine at range as well.

Then there's the GR-22, the answer to how you're going to stop some big, mean mother hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind.
  18. SniperCzar

Using the DMR at extremely close/extremely long range is a stupid-fun passtime of mine. It's a far better gun at ranges most people write it off. With attachments and some practice, it's not hard to chest>head>(pull down)>chest>head which will win any firefight in under half a second. If they're close enough, a three headshot burst can drop someone in about 1/3 of a second.

At long ranges, infiltrators will just stand out in the open for you if they see you're not an infiltrator.

19. disgruntled newbie

I didn't write it off, it made it to the finalists round! While it has the same damage and rate of fire as the SAW, the handling on it is substantially better. The magazine is small, but since it trades rate of fire for damage it's not as small as it might seem because it's not spending ammo as quickly. Reaper did feel really nice, but in the end the deciding factors for me were the NS-11's 75% aimed moving speed and better hip fire accuracy.

And I already own a Carnage. Which is a fantastic close quarters weapon but devolves into semi automatic plinking further out due its wild spray. In other words it's a really great gun for the kind of encounter that gets me killed 99% of the time and worse than the basic NC1 in the encounters that I prefer because I stand some kind of chance. If you're a high speed twitch gamer then I can see where Carnage is your god, but for me I needed something with more standoff capability.
  20. lilleAllan

Gauss Rifle is one of the best mid range rifles in the game.High RoF for a 167 dmg weapon and insane bullet velocity.

Foregrip if you can't handle the recoil. Laser sight if you're boss.

And don't auto at range. Quick burst at everyone outside spitting distance.