So eh, where's this update then?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sosolidshoe, Feb 20, 2013.

1. ChrisLand

You guys can wait all you want as far as I'm concerned.

I would rather wait for a patch that works well then get something rushed out that has to get fixed later.
    Thanks for keeping us informed.
    • Up x 1
  2. Drsexxytime

Please get a test server that's open to the public before this gets out of hand.
  3. Shockwave44

Yes because every patch they bring out never needs fixing after...
  4. Hellspawn

I could never be in game development or PR. The insane amount of truly unpleasant people that communicate on the forums would easily cause me to tell them to go **** themselves within the first few hours of employment.

RadarX, you guys & gals must have the thick skin of an elephant.

Thanks for the update.
    • Up x 3
  5. ChrisLand

It is completely understandable to me for patches to need fixing after they go live (like every patch has needed like you said). There is no amount of testing SOE can do internally that can predict exactly how everything in the patch will work when it is launched to thousands of players.

This is why I have no problem waiting because SOE fixing more now = less stuff needed in hotfixes later = less total downtime.

:)
  6. Pemtaphalon

also as far as I'm concerned the game is fully playable and very much enjoyable
  7. ChrisLand

Agreed. Every patch so far has only made things better imo.
    • Up x 1
  8. jak

I hate to rain on peoples' parades here, but the simple fact that they're finding bugs severe enough to delay a major labeled update the day before or of the announced patch should tell you a story. And that story isn't good.
  9. Endlos

If this is "GU03" then where's all the Feb roadmap stuff? Seriously, all of it is missing. I was under the impression that if something was tagged "Game Update" and not "hotfix" then it was a major content patch that was supposed to line up with the roadmap.

There's a week of Feb left and still no mention of implementation of anything on the roadmap... wasn't the entire point of the roadmap so that we knew where the game was heading and when?
  10. ChrisLand

I was thinking the same thing, however RadarX posted this on planetside-universe:
    http://www.planetside-universe.com/showthread.php?postid=892251#post892251

So it looks like they will be calling anything that adds new content a "Game Update" from here on out. Very confusing though and really needs some more clarification here on the main forums.
  11. Psaldorn

Finding bugs on launch day.. sounds like rushjob QA. Do it well beforehand, then plenty of time to fix the bugs without embarassing delays. Bugs happen, for sure, but after the last patches..
  12. Talizzar

No pleasing this crowd. Wow!

I bet SOE could say they are going to upload a patch with patch notes that don't change a thing and people would cry a river of QQ about nothing! Seriously.

If some down time and a delayed patch effect your lives this drastically, I suggest you seek some professional counseling as you need it. Feel free to get out of the basement from time to time and look at the sun, go to a park, ride a bike, maybe sleep when the servers are down.
  13. Autarkis

They did the right thing in waiting.