SERVER MERGERS!!! CONFIRMED!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlueSkies, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Ronin Oni

Continent locking is on deck....

Also, with more players, people will invariably be forced to fight somewhere else... and you also get XP bonus for fighting outnumbered on any given continent.

If I can get a fight on another continent with an added 10% XP bonus... booyah... I'm there
  2. TheArchetype

I don't think so. Indar will be full and with more outfits (all the ones I've been in boot you if you're at the crown) I think that'll help keep those zerglings in check.
    I really view this as adding two new continents.
    • Up x 1
  3. MrPokealot

Can I point out server mergers are a really bad idea. More players pretty much guarantee more hackers, more lag. Don't say I didn't warn you.
  4. Cl1mh4224rd

The total number of players (and hackers) is the same. The ratio will also remain the same.
    • Up x 2
  5. Duvenel

What this guy said. Although it might be interesting to see if higher populations mean more players reporting hackers. Which might subsequently lead to less hackers overall...But that's for another thread.
    • Up x 1
  6. MrPokealot

...That's a given isn't it? You're just saying what I'm saying.
  7. Kedyn

How is anyone thinking of server merges as an "unhealthy sign" for the game? The game released with too many servers! Having too many servers with too few people at off-peak times is unhealthy in itself. Sure, the game may not have been as big as they had originally anticipated, but it's making money for SOE. If the merges go well, I will have no problem throwing more cash their way.

Good "sign" or bad, server merges will be good *for the game*, and THAT is the only thing that matters.
    • Up x 2
  8. smokemaker

9. Phazaar

I'd love to see them merge Genundine into Miller. At last we'd have some talented TR to fight ;D

But yeah, this is totally the right step. Now if they close Indar for a week or so, we'd finally be able to enjoy 2/3 of the game 100% of the time... That's a 50% increase in what we get right now! :D
  10. Tasogie

oh jey, another thousand HA sam launchers, jsut what pilots need. nerf us to ****, an drop even more anti Air on us lol. I know why infantry dont like the other realms, is because if they played there. they would actually have to fight instead of camp on hilltop Crown for weeks.'

This might be great for usa an EU, but for Australia, wont help us, as we only have 1 server...
  11. MrPokealot

The only good thing about server merges imo is the fact that they save quite some money on hosting servers. But the most important question- how much more lag will we get?
  12. hammyhamm

Welp, Briggs has noone to merge with :(
  13. SuBs

Oh my god! He's using perfectly reasonable critical thinking! How dare he! Let's all be d*mb sh*ts and treat his opinion about the game that we love so much but can't seem to admit is deeply, deeply flawed as a slanderous attack!

Chips, it's venomous d*psh*t fanboys like you who this game's community needs rid of. Please go away.
  14. BlueSkies

Not really...
    • Up x 1
  15. SupaCoopa

It doesn't mean the game is dying. Almost every single game has a surge of population once released then people drop off as they realize it isn't for them. Server merges are extremely important in a game like this because population is a huge factor in your experience since it's all pvp. As of right now some people are leaving because of the low population, then more people leave of the low population and so on. So if this game ever wishes to see growth again it needs merges.
  16. Sghignifiss

Hell yeah this is exactly the news I came here to look for. Just yesterday I made a new character in Miller in the desperate need to see someone else in the battlefield, but I left on Woodman all my good stuff I bought with SC...

I'll wait for more news! Keep up the good work!
  17. Ronin Oni

The number of upvotes would disagree with you.

BTW: Indar CAN'T get much more bloated.... it has a pop cap ya know. Indar will be full, and people will be forced to play on the other continents.
  18. Sifer2

Thanks god. Everyone could tell it was needed. And to be honest they launched with too many servers. I was there on day 1. The first two East Coast servers filled up. Then the second two never got past medium. They should have stopped at 2. Guess they didn't want people to see a que, and log off never to play again. But it didn't stop people from playing WoW.