SERVER MERGERS!!! CONFIRMED!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BlueSkies, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Haterade

I'm worried about Matherson's horrible TR community completely destroying the already-poor Waterson TR community.
  2. Kinjo

3. Kryptic57

BRIT doesn't bring anything to the table other than you tube fame. On the other hand I've heard horror stories about TE drop podding 200+ heavies onto bases. Good thing I'm already on waterson and don't have to deal with that. I'll take BRIT any day of the week.
  4. TheEvilBlight

As long as it means the fights can be more evenly distributed as a result; versus everyone continuing to be an Indarside lemming.

Perhaps Indar's queue should be lower than the others?
  5. TeknoBug

Ah yeah, TR on Matherson blows up friendly Sunderers just so they can get xp from their's and TK's people accessing the vehicle pad.
  6. SupaCoopa

I look in this thread, get excited then see people complaining about how render issues are only going to get worse and all of that but remember a few days ago SOE was experimenting with a proper render distance that didn't have much impact on performance and everyone was saying it was great? I imagine these two things would probably release along side each other.
    • Up x 2
  7. Hosp

+1 Sir. You've put a couple pieces of information together many others haven't yet realized.
  8. Nacasatu

This is huge news ! Well done SoE for taking the plunge and doing this, fantastic news.
    Finally will be enough people now hopefully on servers once merged, to play on Esamir and Amerish.

Delighted with this news, really am :D
    • Up x 1
  9. Talizzar

I have yet to be part of a good server merge with any game. I will hold judgement until after. This game is a tad different so it may not be such a big deal.
  10. Hael

Am I the only one that thinks this is terrible news? The game is barely a few months out and it's already merging servers due to low pop issues. All this tells me is that the game is dying faster than I anticipated.
  11. Fama

Who said anything about all factions on one server going to the same server. I'm sure they can take the TR of one server and put them into a different server than the VS. This way they can balance the populations even more.
  12. Aggh

While this is true, I think it's also fair to say that the game isn't doing nearly as well as it could have. Other mmos might have an temporary early influx of players, but they tend not to have widespread performance issues that continually hamper the player base's ability to enjoy the game on top of that. This looks an awful lot like what happened with ps1, though only time will tell that's what's really happening.
  13. Ash87

I cannot like this post enough :D

Seriously, F-ing FINALLY. THANK YOU SOE!

Quick question: Where is that guy who was arguing with me yesterday, that SOE didn't listen to the players?
    • Up x 1
  14. Hosp

It's not that they didn't listen to players. It's that this was in the works anyway and that there needed to be a certain amount of fixes and optimizations in place and working before it could happen. Wasn't a matter of "if" but "when"
  15. Rraymondo316

Id imagine they will do this

Either way the more people on Mattherson the better :)
  16. Cyridius

Yeah, way to attract players to your server.
    • Up x 1
  17. BalogDerStout

Thank god. Now maybe two platoons of VS won't be half the VS population of Connery.
  18. Ash87

A.) It wasn't you Hosp, at least not that I recall, I think it was iller.

B.) I am not good with falacies, I freely admit that, but I am pretty sure your using at least 1. Your statements are implying it was a forgone conclusion, when I cannot recall How many people I dealt with over the past month who were absolutely fixated on the idea that SOE would let server population dwindle to like, 20 people per server before consolidation would occur. It was -not- taken as read by anyone I can recall in a timely fashion, that this would happen. I posted in the thread that asked: "What servers would you like to see merged" prior to even seeing this thread, and when I posted, I kept thinking to myself: "Man, that sure would be nice if they would merge, but who knows if it'll ever happen." I might be wrong, but I do not recall anyone saying at some point: "Yeah, server mergers? That's totally a thing in the works, no need to get all bent out of shape people, they have been planning this for a -While-"

This looks more like, somewhere in the 400,000 posts people have made asking for it, they finally good notice and started working on it a while back, after launch didn't quite live up to their expectations, but still did well enough.
  19. Hosp

Where in your statement did you address necessary fixes and optimizations?
  20. JudgeDeath

Woohoo I hope lithcorp gets more lively !