Server Maintenance for Hotfix June 27th

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by RadarX, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Harry P

you dont go outside much hey !!
  2. norsewarlord

Infantry and air warfare are just as important as tank warfare.

Actually I wish we had artillery. Something to deploy like the sunderer and then bring up some map to bombard whatever is not more than moderate range from you.

Also they should increase the range of locking missiles. The range for MANPADS is way too short for their neccessary effectiveness

And they need to quit nerfing the jumppack of the light assault. I often run out of fuel just running through basic manuveurs.
  3. RIctavius

1hr and 30
  4. norsewarlord

Connery is now running.

Thankyou!
  5. ThronesAngel

To those with tank issues, shoulda bought a magrider >.> Problem solved
  6. MultiRaptor

CAN YOU EXPLAIN ME HOW VANU CAN CONQUER HOSSIN DURING THE MAINTENANCE?
    • Up x 1
  7. Pepite

Game keep on crashing since update.
  8. Pepite

reset emerald, we cant even log in anymore...
  9. Codai

• Up x 1
  10. zuka7

If you are Nvidia user you can try setting maximum pre-rendered frames to 3 in Nvidia user control panel. For some reason it completely removes micro stutter like the one in video. I have been using it since games release and it makes huge difference. You have to add planetside2.exe and 64 bit exe to the list of programs and manualy adjust. There is also solution for amd cards with riva tuner if remember correctly.

Also after each pach/update you get a lot of file fragments in user/public/ps2 folder. You can defrag specific folder if youre not on ssd with with program called auslogics disk defrag. It also helps hdd read times and frame rate stability or degradation over time. My frame rate always degrades a lot faster after each update. Over time my frame rate degrades to the point where it gets locked at 30fps no mater the population in the hex where otherwise I would be at 60.
  11. ArchangelSmun

The game does keep crashing every 5 minutes after the hotfix. Last night I played without any problem for hours on Hossin. This morning after the patch it kept crashing every 5 minutes. Still haven't tried to play after the 180 Mb-ish patch from the afternoon(GMT+2)
  12. Shifthold

No! Please dont force ceres anymore onto that oh so great lolpod/greencamowins/tomcat/vanuside continent. Just let us have a hossin alert and lock this annoying continent. Most players still want indarside, including me. NO INDAR FOR 2 DAYS MAKES ME GO CRAZY
  13. bronybuscus

I wish.
  14. LegoTanker

I just don't understand why the launcher link doesn't go straight to the patch notes, with a link to the discussion there. Currently it's the other way around, which doesn't really make a lot of sense.
  15. tutle64

NO NO NO, NO, AND NO
    lock-ons are OP as anything because they require NO SKILL and can ruin dogfights, tanks, libs, etc. if anything NERF THEM
    • Up x 1
  16. tutle64

really? indarside? everyone being on indar is the most annoying thing ever, because it has NO resources, terrible fights, such dramatic environment changes depending on which WG you own, the north WG is very very op compared to the other 2, etc. Indar is unbalanced, and I HATE it. as for hossin, its actually quite fun, and im not only saying that because I am vanu. and lemme tell you, MOST players do NOT want indarside, they only did it because of the huge fights only being on Indar (which was a big problem)
    • Up x 1
  17. ucanobua

o_O i really dont know what can i say about this new continent lock thing.. why? actually it's really simple; population imbalance...for example; in ceres TR and NC population overrated but VANU??? with this update vanu ceres can not (impossible) capture or defend any place not full continent even little base wont be able to capture for them...

Anyway we'll see in few days CERES-VANU'll quit
    thoroughly like me
  18. Dargadon

Indar again?

[IMG]
  19. Bruno Puntz Jones

What does this mean?

What spawn points qualify as "reinforcement spawn points?"

And what area constitutes "the region?"
  20. Lotthar

[IMG]

Also, Continent Locking is garbage... :)