Server Issues

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Philipsz

Even if they pay by volume (which I doubt), do you realize how much MORE money this disaster of keeping the servers down for so long is costing them? Not only are people not spending money, SOE will have to pay compensation (increase boost durations at least for example) and the loss of trust and reputation is priceless.
  2. Lamat

Funny they don't patch EU servers during EU downtime though. I mean they have servers in EU, don't they have staff that maintain them too? Maybe train those guys... free wine.
  3. ViXeN

Ok I have a stomach flu and don't really feel like waiting any longer so I'm going to go take a nap. Hopefully later the servers will be functional again. :( This update has been horrible and not just the massive nerfs on everything. The game hasn't really worked right since then...
  4. sagolsun

All of this is true, though if the issue is caused by snowmen as Ryan post indicates, shouldn't that be something designed to be easy to toggle on and off? In which case, patch it out, work out the kinks and put it back in when ready.

Based on the amount of time it's taking them, I think this is an issue that's part of a system that stretches across multiple subsystems and can't be turned off without having to revert changes in many other places (leading to the possibility of many, many more bugs or an outright broken game due to incompatible assets, different protocols or APIs or whatnot)
  5. sagolsun

I begrudgingly eat my words.
  6. Goretzu

That's life with an MMO.

To be honest SOE are doing exceedingly well on nerfs (with a few exceptions) and downtime with PS2 (buffing not so much), compared to where other MMOs have been.