Server Issues

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Dec 18, 2013.

1. WyrdHarper

Inb4 Cylon-err, Vanu, Virus!

Thanks for the update!
  2. janeTEXAS

I think we should all pray to Vanu.
  3. Astriania

Oh don't be silly, the reason is that SOE devs work normal hours and 9am West Coast US is 5pm UK/6pm Euro so anything they start at the beginning of the working day and doesn't work will break through our primetime. That's the risk you take playing a game developed by an American company.
    • Up x 1
  4. Tilen

American company?:)
  5. Hatesphere

its almost like different people live on different parts of a giant sphere. :eek:
    • Up x 6
  6. Mastorass

My guess ? Security related.. considering yesterdays fiasco on Miller with a cheater ruining the game for everyone(nobody was banning him ALL day). I remember he had over 1500 kills last time I checked..
  7. Astriania

Sony's online game development division (SOE) is almost entirely US, isn't it? I know Sony isn't originally but Japanese Sony don't make PS2 afaik.
  8. Torok

It won't go down without a fight!
  9. Tilen

It's surely security related. If it were gameplay related, the servers would be left running and there'd be a fix in about two months.
    • Up x 3
  10. maximum

I, for one, am glad they are working so hard on fixing this even though many workers are on holiday vacations already. Shows dedication.
  11. LordCreepy

Meanwhile at the SOE Server room : http://z0r.de/1621

Anyway thanks for the update - back to pressing the radom button till servers show up
  12. deggy

Thanks for the update :D

Keep pounding away at those stubborn ZOEs stuck in the Intertubez, they'll let go eventually.

That's how the internet works, isn't it? All the things I see are transported to my computer through a tube? There must be some MAXes stuck in one of the tubes.
    • Up x 4
  13. Vector51

[IMG]

I think I'll just leave this here. Welcome to the 96% club guys! Luckily the servers were last night and I found my snow men! 10 of them = Snowblower title, now to get the Deep Freeze pistol's medal :D
  14. CaptainTenneal

Having a production system down sucks, every minute that ticks by is painful. Even worse when the system is a high profile MMO. I really feel for the devs :(
  15. Vector51

16. Pikachu

17. Rabbitofdoom

Any chances its going to be up today so we poor euro guys can acutaly have a chance to use todays soemas promo?
  18. Vinakis

In order to help appease the fallen Machine Spirits, let us all together begin the incantations of the Machine God.
    I'll start.

From the weakness of the mind, Omnissiah save us,
    From the lies of the Antipath, circuit preserve us,
    From the rage of the Beast, iron protect us,
    From the temptations of the Fleshlord, silica cleanse us,
    From the ravages of the Destroyer, anima shield us,
    From this rotting cage of biomatter, Machine God set us free.
    • Up x 2
  19. Tilen

Are you saying there's a spirit in the machine? A... ghost in a shell if you will?
    • Up x 1
  20. Mr. Troy

Why are you always blaming us VS?