Server Issues - January 17th, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Jan 17, 2014.

1. DragonsFire85

its happening to every faction not just one or the other
  2. Mormomboy

I just got a small patch a few minutes ago, now when I try to log in it crashes.
    Edit,
    To be specific, it is after I select a character and press "Play"
  3. Mormomboy

It was working fine, then a few minutes ago it patched, since then all factions I use crash the game back to desktop. So... I don't think so.
  4. palomac

Don't know if this is just for me but when I get to my character select there appears to be some weird rectangular green that appears for like a millisecond then after that it crashes. I also have tried logging to another account on another server and nothin. I guess we just need a whole bunch of patience lol
  5. FBVanu

Yup, even after deleting all the screwy files.. then validating.. white screen , then CTD..

But the game play wasn't that good anyway. I was on Connery, Esamir half an hour ago.. it was sooo L a a g g g y
    couldn't hit anything.. Had a lib lined up with my prowler, took the shot, and the lib was instantly teleported 50 meters to the side.. watching my shells fly into nothing.. tankes speed teleporting past me.. it was a total mess..
    Then I got one kill.. then crash to desktop.. Just checked my stats, .. wouldn't you know it.. AFTER I crashed, and cleaned up my PC .. I was apparently blown up by an NC.. with my own prowler.. yup, that's what the killboard says. I , as a Terran, driving in my own Prolwer, was killed by an NC , with a Prowler.. minutes after I crashed out of the game..

Won't touch Connery until tomorrow.. hopefully it gets fixed..
  6. Speechify

That seems very fair to me, having lost 2 days of playtime. and I need my playtime.

Shaka, when the servers fell.
  7. iceman1772

Mine went back to desktop and now I cant even get past the launcher
  8. Atrus2g

Same log in then crash to desktop issue here, also Connery. I know its F2p but having a double xp weekend when one of the main servers is compromised is kinda WTF no? I had big plans for my VS Max but will now be modding Skyrim lol. I dont want to cry too much lest I get flammed, but please let us know -honestly- when this might be squared away, thanks and Vanu's blessings upon you
  9. Mitts

Ditto
  10. eatcow0

TY for all your hard work SOE. <3 <3 <3
  11. VaIhall

Ok so restarting your computer FIXES the problem, probably something in the hotfix that conflicts with something and make you unable to login, but just restart PC and it fixes.
  12. Jezs

Connery comes back up and all continents+vr are full for all factions, so you crash to desktop on login.
    Can a bro get a server un-merge? Or at the very least an error message when logging in instead
  13. DragonsFire85

i was having that issue with my vanguard i would shoot at a magrider and as soon as i did i wouldnt be there anymore it would appear behind me on esamir so i went to amerish and same thing there
  14. DragonsFire85

have done several restarts and other things it must be overloaded again
  15. Mormomboy

Fix all your problems...
  16. Mormomboy

If that does not work there is nothing else we can do till the Dev team fixes it.
  17. FBVanu

18. Sizemac

Now the client is all messed up you go to log in and it goes to load and quits and goes to windows, I have rebooted to make sure that wasn't the issue, now what ? omg
  19. VaIhall

The server lags like a mofo and if you try to relog to solve the problem you can't get back in again without the crashes starting again. So you would have to restart computer AGAIN.
  20. FBVanu

I said this before, at the PU2 update crash ..

I'm willing to pay for a Stand Alone PS2.. just give me half the continent size, give me all options , just like in VT Training, and have some AI guided zergs run around.. they don't have to be smart.. give them the IQ of a COD World at War.. nothing special.
    Just so I can play.. and mind numbingly get to shoot at something, while still inside the wonderful vast world of PS2..

Let it be completely PC based.. no SOE servers involved.. maybe two or three friends can log in together, .. just to be able to drive around, kill dummies.. and maybe they even shoot back..
    We could even add player - created content for download..

Take out some of the smaller bases, give it a bit more open area in the middle..

for when I don't feel like going to battle with 2,000 other players, or I don't feel like crashing every 20 minutes, or when I can't log in at all, or when the servers are down, or when there is too much lag, or when I can't get enough FPS.. or .. you get the idea.

Just a silly little stand alone game, but in the PS2 world.. just for one - 4 players..

Anyone else willing to pay $20.00 for that?
    • Up x 2