Server Issues - January 17th, 2014

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Raxxyl, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Curanos

Out of curiosity, is there any ETA on when Planetside 2 will be out of open beta? Perhaps before the PS4 version gets released?

Before anyone starts on about how 'It was a full release a year ago!', this is not a full release. I would expect these kinds of hiccups from indie developers, not a company that's as expansive as Sony. Hell, a lot of indie developers don't even have these kinds of problems in their 'full release' games. After all this time, I'm still under the impression that Sony bit off more than it could chew and/or put inexperienced people in charge of Planetside 2. It could also be that the team is understaffed, in which case the higher ups are at fault. Regardless, things are getting just a tad too ridiculous for a lot of people to just sit around and patiently wait for things to get better.
  2. TomDRV

No one has made a FPS on this scale before, there is bound to be to technical issues.
    • Up x 2
  3. cobaltlightning

You weren't around for the PU01 update, were you?

Even for the first update to improve performance, there was still a HELL of a lot of problems with it, not to mention a lot of broken things. Hell, a couple of things still are broken since that update.

Yes, there are technical issues, but there are too damn many, some of them SoE can't be arsed to look into.
  4. TomDRV

Theres bound to be technical issues, if you can't cope with the reality for todays' computer technology, DONT PLAY THE GAME.
  5. cobaltlightning

I have enough computer technology to make the game run prettier than Halo 7 on a steady pace, and the game still has problems with its structure. There's a difference between 'coping' and 'fixing months-old problems.'

Basically, you're just repeating yourself there, adding nothing new to the conversation.
  6. Shockwave090

Nice job EA..errr, I mean SOE. The Connery server is messed up again. Thanks for letting me see flying tanks and virtual earthquakes while I try to fight the enemy. Oh, getting stuck in the training grounds for 10 mins sure was fun too!