Server Downtime for Patch February 20, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Snicklefritzll

Im starting to get the shakes....please hurry....I need Amerish
    • Up x 2
  2. Boomotang

No. What most of you people need is patience, and a life that doesn't revolve 100% around PS2. Changing a few words in an estimated schedule isn't going to fix that.
    • Up x 1
  3. TenebraLuxx

I would take free Kleenex!
  4. mblades

You can still flank not like its impossible. point I was making its not like ghost recon online or any hardcore tacticool shooter since its not really any of those.

I still prefer lattice since i can actually defend a said base as opposed to hmmm will the enemy attack this hex or circumvent me to attack another hex meaning trying to setup defence may be fruitless if the enemy decides not to go here. Not to mention back caps meaning forward capping may seem good til you are back capped at multiple facilities and if you don't have the numbers to spread out to stop said caps its more annoying unless people really love the map screen.

Anyways with lattice makes it easier for concentrated defence but also concentrated attacks also. I know lattice is not perfect but since its here to stay doesnt mean we cant improve it.

Honestly if they made it where you got half XP/ no resource gain/no wds gain from defence caps or capturing further to connect to the cutoff region unless reconnecting warpgate connection would go a long way to allow smaller underpop factions a reason to cut off enemies warpgate connection.
  5. kadney

Ever played on low settings? :p
  6. salembeats

As a dedicated Infiltrator player, I have made it my duty to play on all graphics settings in order to best understand the strengths and weaknesses of my cloak.

Or, the TLDR version:

Yes.
  7. HeavyYield

lmao you guys are hilarious.

"We want more content, more things to do, and we want them now!"
    "Okay you got it, servers will be down for the morning of Feb.20 while we implement more cool sh*t!"
    "The servers need to come DOWN!? F*ck you."
    • Up x 4
  8. Marc-André

From my several years of gaming experience, no game companies has good maintnance schedulations, take it like your fixing your snow blower, you fix it and another thing breaks on it every time until you need a pain killer
  9. guypridan

impossible
  10. Defaceo

beetlejuice

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  11. IvanSmitty

I know right!!!!
  12. Magicool

hey
    you
    come over here

wanna buy some WDS I got the best in town[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  13. drNovikov

Bro, I prefer neither CQC, not sniping. I prefer actual infiltrating: getting into an enemy base, hacking stuff, planting mines, blowing up enemy air coming back for repairs and resupply, shooting enemy armor in the back. You can see this on one of my videos.

Yes, I do think that infiltrators have a disadvantage, because I've killed a lot of decent enemy infiltrators due to this disadvantage only. But mostly, we lack things to hack. PS1 had a lot more to offer.
  14. AngersRevenge

15. TeaSpoon

Oh, I must've missed the patch notes. Complaining about stuff that's bad is subscriber-only now?
  16. Alizona

I'm not all that informed about this game... so I had to go look up what "continent locking" is.

Not sure I'm gonna like that either after reading this page:

http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Continent_Locking

But... as I've always said despite my complaints... it isn't OUR game... it's SONY'S game and they are gonna do whatever is best for SONY, not what is best for me personally.
  17. Nintyuk

Well Just waiting for the announcement to be adjusted for the additional delays.
    5 hours has passed guy's but who really expected the estimated time to be any were close?
  18. LibertyRevolution

I prefer HEX.
    Why would I send my squad of 12 guys against your heavily defended facility?
    In what way would that be a tactically sound decision?

I would go around it and surround you and force you to break up your 48+ platoon to defend the outlaying areas.
    Spreading out the defenders guys, making it a more fair battle for my 12 guys.

Lattice prevents this, lattices forced me to send my 12 guys against your 48 or give up the lane and retreat.
    If you think lattice is better, then your playing the defender with higher pop..
    • Up x 2
  19. mweb

We are on this planet once. One time to enjoy life. Make the most of it. When SOE announce maintenance all you have to do is grasp life and actually live for once. Even if you lot can only do it for just one day a week, then at least try to do that. Stop moaning on here every god damn week about these delays. You know what is coming by now. SOE cannot be trusted when they announce downtime. Just do not play the game for a day. You need to wake up and take a look at your miserable life. You guys on here are probably the saddo's on the top of the daily leader boards that have clocked over 20 hrs and captured 98 facilities on Amerish. Have a word with yourself ffs. Log on, notice the maintenance, log off, put on coat and trainers, venture outside into the lovely fresh air, take some money with you and live a little. It isn't hard to do.

Planet Side 2 really does have a large amount of losers. Daily routine as follows: wake up, brush teeth and wash face, have breakfast and coffee, log onto pc and PS2, sit and play for 15 hours (moving every 4 hrs to have a bite to eat and toilet break) log off when eyes no longer function, brush teeth wash face and climb into bed, repeat repeat repeat.

SAD LOSERS!!! GET A LIFE!!!!
    • Up x 2
  20. xekktar

[IMG]
    • Up x 3