Server Downtime for ESF Update January 16, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EmperorPenguin5

YAY THANKS SOE... Didn't listen to a word we said and I haven't even gotten to test the supposed New limitations on the lock.
    Because My test client CRASHES since the newest patch you put on it.
    Which guess what...
    Its still gonna do 90 degree Turns Under a bridge to chase the target that flew through it.
    Great job Missiles still broken...
    We didn't want the hover nerf but you went ahead and did it anyways!
    Seriously. Did you listen to us at all?
    It seems like you paid zero attention to your own forums.
    Which is why more pilots will probably be quitting this game once more.
    The new nose guns add nothing more than a removal of TR's faction traits.
    Which I can tell you. NO TR wants 150 rounds if they do less than our 95 Rounds.
    Which forces them to engage targets longer etc.
    They have the accuracy of a rotary but the damage of the default nose gun..
    Seriously..
    Why do we even test things for you if you don't listen to us afterwards?
    I know almost all of us agreed the increased fuel cost during hover mode was a terrible idea.
    And again you nerf stock fuel tank even though we said no that's a bad idea and not what we wanted in the first place.
    This update did more harm than good.
    I wonder how much is the cert cost to get it to be Our server's stock fuel tank?
    Once again nerfing noobs too...
    I wish this update never happened...
    AND i bet plenty of other pilots who care about the quality of the airgame wish it as well.

Don't get me started on how this will affect an ESF's ability to duel a skilled crew in a lib.

(don't you dare say "well you shouldn't be attacking libs alone" I'm sorry that's noob talk by people who don't know how to.)

You were supposed to listen to us SOE.
    We know your airgame better than you.
    But.... You didn't. You didn't even Try to come back and ask us IS THIS A GOOD THING?!?! Are you guys ok with this?

DO we even know if the new limitations work? for the MIssiles?
    Cause I bet most of us don't because the last test client patch Force automatic crashing before even logging in.
    • Up x 3
  2. skyN3T

While I agree wit the other parts of your posts I felt this is a bit off. 450m is too much for roflpodding in my experience, you can land a few hits on tanks and stuff (infantry does not even render at that range), but to be able to leave a mark or get a tank kill fast you have to be within 200-150 at least.
  3. BilliBobBillsen

"Jumping will pull character out of iron sights"

so logic -.-
  4. WaaWaa

Higby did say they would be having more regular updates, like twice a month, so plan accordingly I guess? Maybe every 2 weeks I dunno.
  5. Bindlestiff

Again, that is the same for ground too sadly :(. Having said that, it has been better recently but still not brilliant.

I will shamelessly plug my bug report for this:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...missiles-just-make-them-lockon-please.132394/
  6. WaaWaa

I don't think they'll respond to that anniversary trouble item. It sounds like they'll just fall back on what they already said. That it was a mistake and it was fixed to the best of their abilities. Too bad.
  7. Gleerok

Nop. Hornets are close to useless in air combat, and Coyotes have insignificant damage to anything else other than ESFs. Instead of spamming coyote missiles on a ground target, I'll just switch to nosegun and land accurate shots at least. Because Coyotes don't do much damage and are less accurate than noesguns.

Hornets are highly effective against ground, but they are much less practical than rocketpods against ESFs. Unless its a galaxy and perhaps, perhaps, a liberator, I can't see hornets being used that much in Air combat.

If you want a "jack of all trades" go for Rocket Pods. They can hit ground pretty effectively and can still be used against air, if used right they do some very significant damage.

Hornets and Coyotes are too specialized on their own field to be used elsewhere, even though they do give you the option to do so considering they are both dumbfire-like.
  8. WaaWaa

I'm disappointed that this issue wasn't addressed with this patch: https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...nd-gunners-drivers-post-pu02-intended.167150/

Oh well I can only hope they will address it for the next patch at the end of the month!!! I've got 24 thumbs up on that thread, and it's an issue that is game-breaking for a lot of lower-end computer players. Please look into it and address it as soon as possible Luperza/Devs.
  9. MatjesKatjes

Actually i think the A2G guided missiles are only a real problem for Vanu Magriders. Even before they were very vulnerable to ESFs because of not beeing able to rotate their main gun 360 degress nor lifting it higher than 50 (?) degrees.

Flying straight line to guide a rocket on a Vanguard or Prowler is a very risky business. But doing the same on a Magrider is almost zero risk. Especially when attacking it from their backside. Before the Magrider turned around, it got hit by several rounds of nosegun and rockets.
  10. UglyBull

How about the........bouncing sticky grenades, and grenades that don't set off anti-vehicle mines.........speaking of which, are vehicle mines fixed now (in that they explode when a vehicle rolls over them)?
    • Up x 2
  11. Mkalaida

So when PlanetSide will be playable again?
    • Up x 1
  12. Gleerok

The did take a lot into consideration from the players.

About Tomcats; the necessity to maintain lock will heavily change the way they are used. The main way to dodge A2AM won't be tricking the automated tracking system, but rather be focused on losing the lock sight the shooter has on the target. If you go under a bridge, the lock sight will be broken and the missile will go away, simple as that.

The new noseguns are not supposed to be altogether better, they are supposed to offer variations in some areas. Did you see the maxed out version for the Mosquito? It has 160 bullets in a single magazine. Thats one of its advantages.

The nerf to stock fuel is to further buff dedicated fuel tanks. Running a seconday loadout will hit on your mobility, running on fuel pods (aka "no seconday") will IMPROVE your mobility. Thats the price you pay for added firepower -> less mobility. Less firepower -> more mobility.

This will turn out to be interesting to say the least. I'm looking forward this update ! Very excited.
    • Up x 1
  13. Kaktwox

The point is the devs continue to give other factions variety which include weapons that excel in areas that are suppose to be a TR advantage. In return TR are left with absolutely no versatility in their weapon options.
  14. skyN3T

You're mismatching scout radar and proximity radar.

Scout radar is on Flashes and ESF, it shows everything in certed radius for your empire (unless it has stealth). And contrary to popular belief it pinpoints cloaked infiltrators too. Pilots of said vehicles will get xp for kills under radar coverage.
    Proximity radar is on everything else, and shows stuff for crew only. They won't get this xp as it's for scout radar only.
    • Up x 2
  15. Xander Payne

Tbh Higby did tweet it like 13 hours ago.Course I know we really shouldn't have to check twitter, reddit, and who knows what else to get the latest updates

https://twitter.com/mhigby
  16. Gleerok

Thank you, I think I'll cert scout radar on my flash and mossy now :p.
  17. GodSplitteR

Oh noes i just certifyed yesterday A2A skythe missiles!
    They were useless against skilled ESF 'cause pilot will use decoy flares and turn round.
    But now they useless against liberator 'cause now i can't mix A2A with nose cannon!
    I think that 150 meters is too small distance for lock-on and maintenance(Galaxy/Liberator turrets at 150m will kill you before you fire 3-4 missiles).
  18. Elahhez

Thanks for putting heroic boosts available in the depot. Best value hands down.
    • Up x 1
  19. Snipe-yo-face-yall

• VS shotgun slug velocity now matches the velocity of the other two factions.
    What! That honestly makes no sense (unless they have bullet drop). That means Vanu shotguns are a straight upgrade from NC and TR ones. Or am I missing something?
  20. Lex Talionias

am i the ONLY guy running stealth on his ESF that is cheering about the stealth/lock-on bug fix?

seriously i snobed flares back in the early days and relied on skill to avoid lock on attacks. then they made missiles near impossible to evade and then to add insult to injury they broke both evasion and stealth! now once again you "press 'f' to live" kiddes will see what it's like against a real fighter pro!

also love the scout radar buff, been using that mostly for dog fights (well 'used'... not many dog fights anymore) but spotting infantry with it was also fun, now i have a reason to do it again!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.