Server Downtime for ESF Update January 16, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoxD3v1lsW1ld

I just love how all the people are afraid of hornet missiles lol. Have you been on the PTS after they nerfed them?
    Compared to rocketpods, they have more than twice the TTK on a tank and are limited to a 450m range. Any ESF pilot that can hit more than half of his pods at 450m (which isn't exactly hard to do) will find no use whatsoever in hornets, they are literally a straight downgrade for everybody with a semi-decent aim.
  2. Phazaar

Not looking for the inevitable nerfs/buffs to tank-based G2A after this one. Also, farewell to fantastic and fresh air combat, hello to 'Choose which of our different lockons you enjoy the most...'...

Kinda hoping to see some Locust dominance though, just to prove my point that larger mag sizes > high DPS for the majority of pilots.

And eugh at Fire Suppression... I'm not sure I believe there'll be enough XP in it to make Scout Radar worth the sacrifice of flares (why's everyone forgetting that G2A are stupid abundant in all this? I suppose you can 'suppress' the damage from one missile? :p ) or the massive 25% HP boost. It's going to be such a cheese-fest popping FS during a dogfight :/
  3. Bindlestiff

Yep, it has been mentioned before but now more than ever tanks are just going to be asking to be bummed from the skies. Don't even get me started on the fact the Magrider cannot aim as high as the other 2 MBTs either.

Heavy armour needs a proper G2A option to combat this. Running Skyguards alongside you is NOT the same.
  4. Bindlestiff

Truer words have never been spoken.
    • Up x 1
  5. WinchesterLock

You just made my day with this.
    • Up x 2
  6. Maverick556

Yeah then what else? A coffee machine and a bar with a toilet in your tank?

Ground superiority is made for ground domination; you are strong against other ground vehicles, you dominate on the ground but you are weak against Air, which is kinda normal: tanks should FEAR planes, it has been like this since tanks got created..nowadays, specially against a deployed prowler Air is kinda frightened...everything on the ground can hit a plane, don't forget you have infantry that doesn't pay resources for getting a air to air missile launcher...do you want to win an even fight 1vs1 air vs tanks? wuoho that would be awesome: a tank fighter that gets owned by the target he is supposed to destroy

Planet side is teamworking: a solo flyer is vurnerable just like a solo tanker (+ gunner it you prefer)
    A squadron of 2 planes is stronger; a tank with a skyguard is stronger and so on...

This means that if you are playing alone you are destined to be weaker, that's logic I guess
    • Up x 2
  7. Botji

That sounds nice and all but anyone that has the slightest interest in driving ground vehicles is probably getting a bit tired of having to hide from the airborn master race.

ESFs hunts everything in the game... By your own logic that a MBT should need a Skyguard to fight off air(not even kill it most of the time) the ESF should need a Liberator to kill the MBT. In this scenario the ESF is the Skyguard for the Liberator, just as the MBT is made to kill stuff on the ground the Liberator is made to bomb targets on the ground and the ESF is its protection against other ESFs.

But no, that would never "fly" with the pilots in this game would it?
    Everyone else should have to team up and use super specialized vehicles just to stand a chance while a pilot just has to hop in an ESF and be ready to take it all on.
    • Up x 7
  8. RockISonner

So..uhm.. The crashing issue. Still has not been resolved :(
  9. Noppa

yeah iv been testing em, still does too much damage and i still think ESF should be only for a2a combat.. rocket pods was just fine as it is, no need to add more a2g killing capability, we got liberator for that job.

Problem with hornet is esf squads and insta gipping tanks from max range.. cant do that with lolpods since u need to be closer and be vulnerable to AA max/Sgyguards/MBT main gun and so on.
    • Up x 1
  10. Leeeeroooooy

*Reading through* Cool... uh-huh... ok I guess... kinda sucks... oh that's nice...

*suddenly*

Ooooh yeeeeeeeah :D

This isn't the ESF update. This is the "Parked vehicles" update!
    • Up x 1
  11. PastalavistaBB

Is SOE seriously giving ESFs guided missiles that can hit tanks from 450 meters? Or did I misinterpret this? I mean, it would be beyond insanity. Similar to an AV Mana turret shooting out of render range.
  12. user101

Why would I use a tomcat missile that does less damage than a handheld missile does and cost me a MOS no less. And the missile does not stay locked on.

I appreciate the effort from SOE but lets get real about this. Tomcats should do more damage than hand held missiles.
  13. Bindlestiff

So if tanks are ground superiority, why are ESFs air and ground and infantry? That isn't their role, but that is what they are. Flyers can ***** all they want about the state of rocket pods but the good pilots use their full arsenal to rip everything moving to shreds, no exceptions. With added G2A guided weapons air has additional potency vs ground vehicles whereas the ground vehicles have nothing to offer in return? The haphazard Walker is the only option for an MBT (Ranger is laughable) and that frankly isn't worth a damn.

The Skyguard Lightning lacks armour and therefore survivability, both of which an MBT has. Tell me why then an MBT cannot be given proper anti air / G2A capabilities, because in my eyes all it will do is make the Air vs Ground game more fun, more involved and more varied for both the air and ground units. You would still need teamwork to properly dominate the entire battlefield (G2A vs enemy MBT AP just isn't going to work!), but allows a proper sky defence loadout for the empire specific main battle tanks (which would require some skill) without relying on maneuvering onto a slope to get an angle to shoot (which is 99% of the time, luck) and would also mean ESFs would have to combat against the empire specific abilities. Right now Lightnings are predictable, I'd like to see things changed up a bit.

Air has its place in the game and rightly dominates but it needs to be kept in check and everyone needs to be given a fair chance for "fight or flight" to take place in the game, not just air.

And actually if SOE make it, I'll gladly buy a coffee machine, bar and toilet for my Magrider. Then I would never have to get out of it ;)
  14. Accuser

SOE does things... and I try to understand them...
    And it makes my head hurt.
    • Up x 1
  15. NanoBitSplit

I don't like the removal of ADS while airborne.

To those saying it's fine because it was barely used- it doesn't matter how often it was used or not. There is no reason to remove a player's abilities even if they're rarely used unless there is some sort of balance issue related to them, which, as an LA main, I can assure you there isn't. If that LA is airborne and ADSing while shooting you, even while using his sights his aim is going to be flying all over the place, negating what cone of fire bonus he'd get anyway.

Nevermind for normal infantry jumping while scoped, because Vanu forbid they attempt to dodge your shots and slow themselves down to molasses in doing so, making it easier for you to shoot them, plus jumping repeatedly will 'drain' your speed and it'll take a few seconds longer to get back to normal walking pace.
  16. RealityWarrior

Where can I get G2A Coyote missiles? Please Please Please!
    • Up x 1
  17. user101

The M18 on the MOS has slow slow slow bullets to the point that I can almost out run the bullets with the after burn on. The distance of the bullets is way to short and does almost no damage.

You need to speed up the bullets on the M18 ... I appreciate the effort in ESF.
  18. Wizz

I think it was a call to arms that a2a missiles made fire supp next to useless. So they pulled the classic nerf missiles buff fire supp. If one thing is nerfed another must be buffed.
  19. Gleerok

They are the missiles with the highest damage per round, taking out approx 33% of an ESF life.

If you hit a single one, you are two steps ahead on a ESF fight.

The only difference now is that users need to use the head and hands to effectively make use of this extremely considerable damage, and spamming them consecutively is close to impractical.
  20. Maverick556

I t
    i talk from the pilot and tanker view..sometimes I roll on vanguard and on a 1vs1 most of the time the enemy plane can't kill me...this is sad...really sad! a reaver is a all round vehicle I agree, but not strong enough in anything if picked alone! a tank can screw up all ground targets..a plane can screw and get screwd in a 1vs1, we are constantly in a duel like a tank vs tank, but it's more difficult to control and win with a plane...we are constantly asking us while attacking
    : maybe people inside have air to air max, maybe they have an antiaircraft turret up, maybe that lighting is a skyguard, maybe that scythe has lock on missiles,

Pilot life is risky, it's kill or die... On a tank you get behind a repair sundy with AA and you live forever, get behind a rock, repair, and you are up again...this doesn't work on air, AT ALL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.