Server Downtime for ESF Update January 16, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KingOfLuck

QQ
  2. AirborneArie

Meh. Have been away and not playing for 6 weeks. Come back. This. Cancelling my subscription soon and on to something else. And I'll probably not be the only one.
  3. Goden

SOE needs to learn what timezones are.

Actually they probably already know, they just need to actually care.
  4. ncDieseL

I don't know, but compared to all other classes they are kind of useless now. More mobility, but at the cost of minimal utilities. C4 is all they have, and that's a one hit wonder.

I mean, if this is what they were going for, they could have just forced the weapon to be holstered when in flight. Sort of like how infiltrators can't shoot when invisible. The main difference there though is the infiltrator is invisible, so less likely to get shot at, where as a LA hovering up a tower usually sticks out like a saw thumb.
  5. Highway_Star

Professional troll. Stand back people.
    • Up x 4
  6. Pikachu

Has there not been 3h now? :L
  7. Justanormalperson

HEY SOE! NEXT TIME DON`T EVEN BOTHER TO GIVE ANY ETA... WHAT`S THE POINT GIVING ETA, IF YOU CANT EVEN MEET THE ETA EVERY TIME...
  8. Larolyn

Weekly updates are really gonna shaft EU players....
    • Up x 5
  9. AirborneArie

Kind of curious to why it takes 3+ hours to patch some servers. I mean updating 25 cloud servers and everything takes 5 minutes. What's the hassle?
  10. TerroR1337

never seen a monkey take 4h 1/2 to eat a banana, wp monkey staff, my zoo is looking for u!
  11. iWillAmazeYou

You're going to cancel your subscription because you decided to come back and try to play in the 6 hour window where they are patching to provide more content... damn the people in this community are idiotic, can't believe how much everyone here is crying over server downtime... Here's a tip, get a life so that when one game goes down for 6 hours you don't have to sit staring at a blank screen or ***** on forums about it.
    • Up x 2
  12. Darkshadows120

I love being on the forums during the always longer than usual downtimes. Talking about bread and European bakeries, it would almost be calming if it weren't for all the people whining and screaming...
    • Up x 1
  13. EddieZification

"Please man, don't do it man, we'll do anything man, please don't leave man!" - Said no one, ever.
    • Up x 5
  14. KingOfLuck

Scooby doo and the gang here! Point that magnifying glass somewhere else.
  15. noMnoM

fair enough. guess ive just always kind of thought if youre flying in the air (as infantry) you should really only be able to spray in someones general direction and possibly make them take cover. idk if this is the right fix. we'll see how it plays out.
    • Up x 1
  16. applepienation

YES. Finally! All those certs spent in Scout Radar will FINALLY PAY OFF!
    • Up x 1
  17. hawken is better

Every single update usually takes longer than they say it will. It's pretty annoying.
  18. AirborneArie

Yes, I am cancelling. I pay 10-15 euro a month to play this game. For that money I expect the game to be available, **especially** during prime time. And don't give me crap about it being free-to-play, as that's only a nice marketing word.
    • Up x 1
  19. Slapnutts

May I suggest to everyone complaining about the downtime - A) Call your grandmum, as you probably haven't spoken to her in a while. B) Close the curtains and do some jazzercise. You know you need it. C) Watch Die Hard for the 97th time. It never gets old. D) See how many shots of espresso you can drink before you go into cardiac arrest. Keep detailed journals. E) Pick a random volume of those dusty Encyclopedia Britannicas and learn something. F) Finish knitting those fingertip-less mittens you started last year.

Cheers, and I look forward to slaughtering any and all VS and TR as soon as possible.
    • Up x 2
  20. Opios

I think most people would prefer "The servers will be down for 8 hours; we will post on the forums/twitter if they are back up earlier then expected."

I think this approach would reduce some rage. I always assume they will take 50-100% longer then stated.
    • Up x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.