Server Downtime for ESF Update January 16, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. faykid

10 p.m. in St. Petersburg already... finished all booze, work early tomorrow. i wish i had another game installed to play in the meantime
  2. Aimed2kill

For those who are complaining abt server downtime. There is no game that can give u exact amt of time it will take things to patch up. It is always estimation. And always there is some unexpected issues. In the end we are human mistakes happen and patience is virtue.
  3. DocSimon

May you meet my claymore over and over again...
    • Up x 2
  4. ncDieseL

Is bunny hopping really a thing in this game? I don't really see it how it gives any kind of advantage, you lose accuracy from being in the air anyway...
  5. SiegePerilous

my server just went from " server locked " to " server unavailable" and then back to " server locked " ... is there a difference or does this not mean anything?
    • Up x 1
  6. AirborneArie

Yes. But if you estimate 3 hours and start at 9 am you can f#ck up and use double that amount of time and still be ready for people getting home from school at 4pm and working people after 6pm.
  7. Highway_Star

Awesome. Home from work and SoE are patching during my peak game time. :p
  8. Underrun

I repeatedly try to "ski" on my Light and press VGS to exclaim "Shazbot!"
    • Up x 2
  9. AirborneArie

I guess unavailable means the server is not running at all. Locked would mean it's running but not allowing people to login.
  10. Renuse

EU guys/gals... Instead of complaining to the US based staff that you want a convenient time for you to have updates, why don't you advocate for some local EU servers? Let the US deal with the post patch mayhem, and/or bugs, wait a day, and get your patches on your "off time."

Its US based! Common.
  11. KingOfLuck

No, what he doesn't understand is that it has little to do with bunny hopping and lots to do with the LA class
  12. Underrun

unavailable means it's dating someone else within the same zip code
    • Up x 1
  13. Slopert

Hmmm... in 2003 the average Everquest patch ETA was x1.5 - 2...

Seems there is not much changed after 11 years of hosting MMO's :D
  14. ncDieseL

Agreed, I see this as a pretty huge nerf to light assault, especially when you consider the recent change that drastically reduced hip fire accuracy when in the air.

Light assault mid-air is kind of defenceless now.
  15. CptFirelord

It used to be a big thing.. then they repeatedly nerfed ADS accuracy while jumping / hipfire while jumping, so people just spam ADADADAD or crouch. Still, the tears of the bunnyhoppers of old.. :,)
  16. AirborneArie

I don't care how it's handled. But most people have work/school all day and only have a few hours to spend on PS2 (and with hours I mean time and money). Begin off-line is annoying and it's costing revenue for SOE. I don't see how this is not on someones priority list at SOE?
  17. PanzerKami

It doesn't bother me that the updates run over, they almost always do in almost all games.

What really bothers me is that they state EU server downtime in 12-hour format. SOE should respect that we use a proper 24-hour format over here in the civilized world. First they make me wait and then, adding insult to injury, they make me covert from outdated anachronistic time-formats just to figure out how long they made me wait. It's unacceptable.
    • Up x 4
  18. Wade

-_- I would have just uninstalled SC2 before this patch hit.
  19. noMnoM

isnt that how they should be tho?
    • Up x 1
  20. PastalavistaBB

I can't even get angry because of SOE anymore. When there's a patch in the afternoon I already know that EU primetime gameplay is %99 screwed for that evening.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.