Seriously, nerf the Striker

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Antivide, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Antivide

What a title to attract the TR, eh?

Well lookie here, another one.

Seriously, this is getting out of hand. TR enjoy a basic immunity to Liberators and to some extent ESFs thanks to their Super Hulk Annihilator Automatic Launcher.

"But Phoenix gets more kills than Striker!"
    Because Phoenix can be used against infantry you ****!

"SPH is lower for Striker!"
    It's also lower for Reaver vs the Mosquito, and lower for the Vanguard against the Prowler. You want to keep goin?

"Just buy flares"
    Funny how one weapon basically renders all other utility slots for aircraft useless except for flares. Balance, I say!
    • Up x 11
  2. Purg

My Primary is NC. I have a character with all three ESRL's. The Striker is decent against Liberators and Galaxys but I'm lucky to hit an ESF with it since almost all pilots know how to drive that missile into the ground the moment I shoot it - the rest are lazy and carry flares. It's a very simple weapon to defeat - been thinking of buying the Hawk equivalent since it's a lot less aggressive at trying to intercept a target.

Originally I thought they Striker was the best AV weapon but since getting my VS - the Lancer is clearly #1 for me. Don't see a need as a user for a nerf on the Striker against air.
    • Up x 3
  3. Dictatorfish

The Striker is OP, it's like the pre-nerf Annihilator all over again.
    The Phoenix is OP, it's more effective than an actual sniper rifle.
    The Lancer is OP, it's pretty much an AV sniper rifle and no lock on warnings.
    The Mag cutter is OP, two hit kill and more silent than the most silenced pistol.
    Forum posts are OP, they allow people to be post things that don't contribute to the discussion in any way.
    • Up x 15
  4. pnkdth

Problem isn't the Striker it is the combination of all lock on/wire and cam guided missiles all at once which has tipped the balance too far in one direction. However, in a game such as PS2 is going to be incredibly hard to balance power vs numbers required to make X weapon effective.

That said, the problem with the Striker is that it is pretty much an Annihilator 2.0. What's baffling about this situation is that SOE should have known how the reaction would be. I mean, what did they expect? First nerfing the annihilator and then giving one faction an upgraded version.

In other words, nerf all rocket launchers. Nothing too drastic but yeah, it is getting silly, and more often than not I am forced into playing HA because it is just the best class there is in almost every situation. What happends when you just throw more rocket launchers and AV weapons at us is thing become nothing more than a numbers game. Indeed, it seems we've ended up on the opposite side of vehicle spam to the point where rocket spam wins the day. It may be preferable to armour spam but I don't like it when some aspect of the game just takes over.

I want tactical gameplay, not just who can fling the most HAs at the enemy. Give armour a bit more resistance to damage as right now, as a heavy, I am not afraid of a MBT at all unless, of course, I find myself in an open area in which case I pretty much deserve to get my beautiful behind blown to pieces.
  5. Avlaen

atleast your launcher do something unique other than being rehased/not terrible annihilators
    • Up x 2
  6. Taiga

"Just because you are unique does not mean you are useful"

A wise man once said that.
    • Up x 4
  7. Roy Teppert

Flare/IR smoke/use the terrain to your advantage/etc. Striker is the easiest ESRL to counter.
    • Up x 3
  8. commandoFi

I was under the impression that the striker loses lock if the target is out of the reticule while the missile is in the air. If this is true, the striker is quite easy to counter, especially for ESFs.
    • Up x 1
  9. Antivide

You don't need to keep the lock in order to keep firing homing missiles. You know, like how it was supposed to be.

"I am TR and I think Striker is fine"
    "Look at my NC avatar, I am unbiased"
    Forumside2.
    • Up x 2
  10. Dovahkiin

• Phoenix is OP, no question to it. It's completely unfair to get killed by someone you have no chance of killing (eg. shooting from spawn room)
    • Striker is ok, really easy to counter using smoke/flares or hiding behind cover when being locked onto.
    • Lancer is pretty sh*t. The charge time is so long, it's almost worthless. Don't get me wrong it's useful when you've got the drop on a vehicle, but other than that it's bad. Ok, maybe I've exaggerated but regardless, it's the worst out of the ESRL.
    One of the biggest problems in PS2 right now. If you don't have flares you are as good as dead. Flares should just be a universal cert or just built into an ESF.
    • Up x 2
  11. NachoFoot

I still get hit by the Lancer in my ESF on a regular basis. Its a mean, sniping machine and causes all other factions to completely hide their vehicles.

Since the dual nerf, the Phoenix is crap. If I wanted a short range Decimator, I'd buy the Decimator. I want a refund for this purchase. Why did they nerf the Phoenix in speed too? A Galaxy can outrun it now.

The Stryker needs its anti-aircraft role toned down. If an ESF is even nicked slightly in battle, the Stryker can take it down in one salvo. Basically, like the OP said, the Stryker is changing the air war. That shouldn't be a TR specialty.
  12. KnightCole

No, Stupid is OP, no amount of nerfing will ever render it balanced.....:cool:
  13. Kyouki

Oh great another nerf "insert item here" thread. How about you learn to adapt and stop ******** about everything that kills you. This game will NEVER be balanced. Do you know why? There are two reasons. First is because YOU, YES YOU, won't let them become balanced. Let scatter maxes tear us a new one in the biolab. Let NC snipe us with a rocket launcher. Let TR keep their freaking Striker. The second is because THE GAME ISN"T SUPPOSED TO BE COMPLETELY BALANCED!

Want to know how to completely balance the game? Here is the secret. You ready?
    EVERYONE WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT OP AND NERFS NEEDS TO USE ONLY NS EQUIPMENT.
    Don't try to say that's stupid because that is the ONLY way Planetside will be balanced. That means no MBTs, no ESFs, no STOCK EQUIPMENT! Everyone who plays the game has to spend SC (whether they are going to continue to like the game and play or not) on at least 3 guns so they can not disrupt your perfet world of balance.
    • Up x 1
  14. M43usch3n

Ok.

Point 1: Who were the guys crying the most about the "overpowerd" NC-maxes? Not the NC is guess. Maybe its you TR / Vanu guys who need to get some Skill and encounter the Scattermaxes properly. By staying like 25 meter away and just shooting them with you obviously OP infantry weapons (OP to Scattershotguns)

Point 2: The Striker is easiest to encounter? You know, this big key in the middle of your keyboard. It increases attituide of any Aircraft. The Phoenix is easier to encounter by just pressing this key less than a second. Off cause not if the phoenix is coming from behind and you are moving slowly... but you deverse to die if you are doing so

Point 3: The Striker is easiest to encounter? How would you encounter the Lock-On? By Flares: 1 in 30 seconds, lock-on for like 5 seconds, blocking the utility Slot. By flying into a save area (behind a hill or sth.): Every tried TO DEAL DAMAGE FROM THERE? Maybe you should ****, cause the striker is creating UNLIMITED deterence to almost any vehicle. Following this - and its a well experienced fact - the TR has almost every time the air-superiority. The only way to encounter is to spawn burste-rmaxes, which are slow, almost useless vs. infantry and totaly useless against vehicles.(You could spawn a Skyguard, bt hey: Next Lock-On seconds Later)

Point 4: The Striker is easiest to encounter? It is impossible to attack a ESF that is flying away with the Phoenix. Cause you are always slower and you have only 300 meter range AND after those 300 meters your rocket just disappears. If a Prowler is like 301 meters aways, you wont hit him. If it 301 meters away and starts to go backwards for 10 meters seeing the Phoenix incoming you are not dealing any damage at all.

Point 5: The moscitos are OP compared to the reaver by being easier to handle. Well know fact (if not, get some skill - VR the reaver and dont steal my time by calling me a noob). IF a reaver is in a Dog-Fight with a moscito, which is hard enough, you will almost every time get an Lock-On by a striker - and you will always die. Either killed by the Striker OR killed be the moscito when trying to escape the Lock-On OR you use the flares, but hey: Next Lock-On seconds later.

Well, maybe the Phoenix was OP vs. infantry and its almost totaly useless against ESF, that pilots are not totaly braindead.

Maybe you little TR should get the guts and try to play NC for a while to see how unbelievable OP you actually are. Cause it often seems that you dont have any clue.

You my 2 cents.

and post scriptum: calling me a noob or L2P only proves me right.
    and post post scriptum: Balance doesnt mean that everybody has the same things but that every factions have advantages and disadvantages. We once had, but Scattermaxes were nerfed because of your whining
  15. Guadoc

If you use that logic then surely any gun in the game is OP as you can kill people from within the spawn room?
  16. Zan_Aus

/shrug

I don't get killed by the Striker any more than I did other lockon rockets. Its fine, stop asking for nerfs and stop hovering above the Crown.
    • Up x 4
  17. MrK

Striker is probably the worst ESAV, like in PS1
    • Up x 2
  18. M43usch3n

Because you are avoiding being locked-on, dont you? that means that you cant do anything else but hovering behind some hills and stuff...
    • Up x 1
  19. MrK

Using equivalent evasion time, you take less damage from Striker than usual lock on AA rocket launcher.

And wait for VS to learn how to aim their Lancer.
    • Up x 2
  20. Selerox

Am I the only one who thinks that the factions launchers were a dumb idea in the first place?
    • Up x 2