Seriously, nerf the Striker

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Antivide, Apr 5, 2013.

1. McFatal

Pretty simple to know where a sundy is coming from, the 300m range is more than enough range to get the missile around stuff without LOS. And no, that's not always true about the same group of 5 guys being able to easily destroy it any other way. If a sundy is behind a building, you take cover nearby, and fire while behind cover and guide it into the sundy. It's easy, I've done it before already. The Phoenix is an awesome zerg killer.

So, you told me I'm wrong about the Lancer, but your description is telling me I'm right, because that's what I said. The damage is proportional to a dumb-fire rocket. You have 24 ammo by default for the lancer, you can fire 2 super charged bursts with a magazine of 6 ammo, it takes 2 super charged bursts to equal a dumbfire rocket damage. You have a total of 8 super charged bursts you can fire, which would total out the damage to 4 dumbfire rockets. So basically, you have a slower fire rate Dumbfire rocket that has a massively fast velocity. It's better than long range lock on when you're dealing with tanks, since there's no drop.

You could fire all 6 ammo individually and quickly for more damage than 1 super charged burst, but you do more total damage if you fully charge 2 bursts for each reload.

You're right that the striker takes less skill to use compared to the lancer and phoenix, which is precisely why they balanced it out by allowing you to use flares and IR smoke to negate the lock on.

2. Moltke

The striker's influence on the game is unreal, it needs some type of nerf. No one in my outfit will fly anymore because they are too frustrated in dealing with the striker every time you even get close to a TR combat zone
  3. Haul

first of i am a tr heavy in most cases and i use the striker which puts me at an advantage to talk about it over most of you free to play crybabies whining about it .
    that being said lets list the things a striker cannot do

1 a striker cannot fire at infantry of any kind

2 due to locking on to the visual center of tower turrets you can only cause damage to them by being level with or above them if you are below them or at a declined angel the projectile detonates harmlessly on the pedestal

3 you cannot kill an esf with a striker in one full clip it takes a clip plus 1 generally speaking

4 lock on timers mean that you cannot effectively move and shoot with the striker

5 did i mention that strikers cant fire at infantry OF ANY KIND?

ok that being said heres what we got
    for all that it lacks the striker has some strong points

the five round clip means we are not stuck in reload constantly (however it always takes more than 5 to kill anything other than a flash}

the lock on function means that we can fire all five projectiles and they will hit { that is if the esf is flying like my grandmother, or no one ducks behind a tree, or no friendlies walk in front of me and break lock ,or if the missiles dont overcompensate lead and slam into a hill 60 miles from the locked on target } DO I REALLY NEED TO ADD MORE TO THIS?

look you other two factions got some really good weapons from the patch that gave us esrls the phonix is a murdering little beast infantry tanks esfs and all from the comfort of your fortified hiding spot

the lancer is basically a sniper rifle on roids with a charge fire function that obliterates all in its path(and might i dd has an ammo clip as well with more than one round}

what im saying is this the devs nerfed the carv s and the prowler because noobs came on here and cried about them dont do it to our rocket launcher heck its not as good as the ones you got anyway
  4. Hypest

They fixed this about a week ago. The striker is no longer shoots at the base of the turrets, but the actual center.

The reason is the striker is "OP" against air, because it is the only thing it's useful. You can't fire on a MAX in the first place and it's really bad against vehicles in a typical battlefield. There is a lot of times when MBT/Sunderer can shoot me, but i can't, because their center is behind cover so i can't even lock-on them. Also don't forget that this is the ESL with the highest risk because it's required to maintain a prolonged line of sight. The Phoenix doesn't even need one, and you can charge to Lancer for peek-a-boo.
  5. Volccis

I have tired to Striker and to fight against TR. Its all about Lock-on x9000, you get headache due all lock-on warnings over 30 min. Its very boring to fly away constantly just because of Lock-on. Also Striker is one of the most boring weapon to use. I really hope they change it to Laser-guided, you could shoot infantries but wouldn't get so cheesy air kills.

TR - the whole faction has became noob because of Striker. I cant take TR players seriously anymore, all what I see are noobs around :(
  6. Evil Monkey

Got more Striker kills and assists on ESF in a 30 minute trial than hours of gameplay with standard A2A LoL.

It is pretty useful - but its devestating nature against nub pilots is balanced by its ineffectiveness against good ones.
  7. M43usch3n

actually, you are whining a lot in you posting. Having the Striker doesnt put you in a major advantage. You might know how to use it... my granny knows, how to press down to mousebuttons, too.

Maybe you play a little more NC/Vanu to understand the effects of the striker

mimimi... cheese? Only the AA-Launcher do have dumbfire (with an insane projectile drop), no other Lock-On. Why? Why should they; they are supposed to used against vehicles/aircrafts. If you are in a Q2Q change to your default launcher

If an enemy is 301 meters away, you cant damage him/her with the phoenix, even if you are about to hit, the projectile just despawn without deeling any damage.
    Plus: This problem goes (went) for all Lock-Ons any time

So? What else do you want? Underbarreled Nukes? I got 39 kills with my annihilator since i bought it. Why was pre-christmas... Lock-Ons are not supposed to kill targets at full health, cause they are easiest to shoot.
    Plus: If a target has less than 6/7 of its health it will start burning
    Plus: DOGFIGHT? Have you ever flown an ESF? Seem not,
    That counts 2,5 seconds lock-On plus about 1 second for shooting the clip. Just FYI: You cant move or shoot why flying the phoenix AT ALL! Lancer: Charge Stage 1 and 2, then aim and fire. If skilled powerful
    Some real arguements would be fine.
    Dogfights, Deterrence, Damage while Locked-On, Missle-Following of any Lock-On, Slow Liberators/Galaxies, Assists
    No (two hits, + no flak armor attached); Yes (if hit 5 times in a row without being repaired; 2 times backside for a tank - but i said it often enought, 300 meters range and agility is not enough to do a wild turn in midair and attack from the rear); No, its almost impossible to hit an ESF, that is paying only little attention + you wont destroy it, just damage it seriously and it will start burning (Fire suppression!)
    Nonsense. Its not a laser beam devastating everything in the LOF, only the fire target is hit.
    Mimimi, my OP stuff is less OP now. A prowler still has two shoots and an insane ROF. Its an infantry vasting machine. The phoenix and the scattermaxes both got nerfed, too. #1 because it was OP vs. infantry, #2 because "noobs came on here and cried about them". Maybe those noobs should not try to C4 2.5 meter heavyly armed robot but shoot it from a save distance (which is 20+ meters - L2P maybe?)
  8. Haul

firstly eat frumunda cheese secondly l2p is an invalid argument, also a prowler has 2 shots "not shoots " per volley. that hit for roughly half of what the other mbts hit

that being said i play vanu and nc ... check my sig pls
  9. M43usch3n

For trying to C4 a scattermax L2P is a valid argument.
    Prowler: one hit kills infantry (= infantry vasting machine) "check" again plz

You played NC / Vanu? BR 9? How many certs do you have? About 150 i guess. Yes, you played NC / Vanu and tested all the stuff. Lol
  10. Haul

actually well over 27k certs on my lowest toon also the prowler takes on average 2 shots to kill infantry and on that note speaking of testing i have been around and have played consistently since beta look just because you dislike the striker because from what i gather you are too inexperienced or perhaps ignorant to counter it dosent mean you have to hate
  11. RobotNinja

Funny how the entire TR playerbase was up in arms and the most vocal about nerfing the Annihilator and how lame and no-skill lock-on weapons were and why wouldn't SOE think about the poor children (Air) but when TR got the Annihilator 2.0 Deluxe Extreme Edition...suddenly...they went silent.

I don't really have an opinion on the actual function of the Striker itself since I have rarely encountered it personally but I just think that's funny. Suddenly no one in the TR minds lock-on weapons it seems.
    • Up x 1
  12. Ronin Oni

LMMFAO!!!

You obviously don't fly all 3 ESF.

Damage per clip is about the same... with Mossie's requiring more hits to achieve the same damage. However Hellfire (Mossie) pods have faster velocity.
  13. Ruar

Actually, I think most TR would be happy to have the Striker changed to something more like the AV turrets that could be fired without a lock at air or ground targets.

The Striker isn't really that great of a weapon, however it has the POTENTIAL to be OP in the right circumstances. I'd say about 90% of my playtime I don't see the ideal combination of wide field of view, higher elevation, and visible lines of approach the Striker needs to be really good. However, when the right combination of terrain and enemy approach is found the Striker can tear into an armor or air column.

The Phoenix and Lancer can be used much more consistently however they don't have an area where they truly shine like the Striker potentially can.

I'd much rather have a weapon I can use 90% of the time instead of having something that lets me open a can of pwn periodically.
  14. MajiinBuu

The striker has never been a problem for me. Because I only play infantry, only using vehicles to get places quicker.
  15. RobotNinja

You may be right since I rarely see the Striker used en masse offensively. This whole debate may very well just be flybies who get bumhurt when they get killed by anything.
  16. M43usch3n

Point 1: 27k certs would result in battlerank 69, maybe 60 if you got 8000 certs via passive certs. Are you battlerank 60? Your sig doesnt seems like you are. I think you are just talking ******** and making stuff up...
    Prowler hit means dead, maybe not with flag armor attached; but well. Then a vanguard hit doesnt kill either.
    I am inexperienced? (says K/D 0.84)

I am almost the only one who gets the point of the striker. You people are like mimimi, i dont kill with my lock-on. I told you: i do neither with my, but you got many assists. Its pretty easy to encounter the lock-on of the striker BUT NOT IF YOU ARE IN A DOGFIGHT... G-sus. Are you really that stubborn? If the easy-mode mosquito hits your reaver/scythe just a bit, the striker Lock-on means dead. (With flares, just +5 seconds later)
    Yes. This doesnt happen all the time and maybe you dont get the kill for the ESF but thats why assistcerts were increased a lot.
    Plus the strikes VASTES Liberators cause they are slow.

The TR-air domination at Ceres these days is disgusting.
  17. KyadCK

Oh please shut up.

You seriously did not see the community get into an uproar about people being given certs as compensation for buying things across multiple characters? I got around 2700 certs back, both on my main and my alts, just for a Hawk and Crow I got on a Waterson NC before I moved to Matterson. It payed to fully deck out my Vanu LA (JJ6, Ammo 4, C4, etc), It's really not hard to expect he got payed back quite a bit and put them to good use playing with things.

--------------------------------------------------------

If someone has both the ground AA (Striker, Annihilator, Hawk, Burster, Skyguard, etc) and the air presence (ESF, Liberator) to keep you away, of course your stupid little ESF will get it's *** beat. DUH. It's the same for all factions, Striker be damned.

So here's what you do. No matter what faction you are.

1) Stop crying on the forums. It's gotten to the point that I expect no less when I see your name. That is bad.

2) Stop trying to be an ESF "Hero". You have everything going against you, and it will end badly.

3) (This is the important one) I don't care if it gives you a wedgie every time you use it, get your lazy *** out of that cushy ESF pilot chair, and get in your BursterMAX.

4) (Optional) Get some buddies to get in BursterMAXs as well, and maybe pick up an engi or two.

5) Start wrecking aircraft.

After the sky is clear of enemy aircraft, get back in your ESF, and hunt down the ground AA. You have no excuse not to be able to take the time to evade and/or ram Striker missiles into the ground by looking down a bit, there's no aircraft.

The only excuse for any faction having total air domination is stupidity. There are more AA weapons in the world then the Striker and ESFs. Use them.
  18. Flukeman62

i just want it changed not straight out nerfed but changed
  19. insane2170

Like the phoenix, a striker user is sniper bait.

Either way, I still mil dotted your head off from the next hexe over.

Yippeee ki yay...
  20. llPendragon

The Striker out classes all other rocket launchers in destroying vehicles. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that its better at killing tanks than the Magrider or Vanguard. I enjoy the game soooooo much more now. :rolleyes: