Seriously, nerf the Striker

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Antivide, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Ender

Wait.. I didn't read most of this thread... but people die to the striker?? I can still count on one hand how many death's I have to that weapon as a mag or scythe, and I play on Mattherson where every TR, their extended family, and the Goldfish has the weapon. It's annoying and yes I have to run flares, but if I die to it it's because I messed up.
  2. Khyrin

Only problem i have with the Striker is that flares don't seem to have any effect on it.
  3. Moltke

The TR are so enthralled with this weapon that there is no way to be rational with them because they severely love their advantage over the other empires. Thats why on the waterson server both nc and vs have been coming together to fight the TR together, and a lot of the strength of the TR comes from their higher population and the overuse of the striker. I think ths is a major reason that people are migrating to play TR.
  4. Will 1111

Strikerside 2. Seriously I'm not spending a single cert on anything but infantry from now on
  5. Moltke

Ya it can be very frustrating especially since it seems every TR heavy carries around a striker
  6. Shamblin

Ok. This is why the striker is broken...

Rockets move around obstructions. Sometimes, you can't even use cover to get away from it.
    And. when you use cover, you're denied superiority. That's something that shouldn't happen to a tank or esf by 2-3 TR Heavies wielding an anti air and anti vehicle lock-on with a 5 round clip. It has got to be the most frustrating things about the game. I don't even cert mag burner for my mag because IR Smoke is more useful to counter strikers.

Not only do the devs give TR one of the best ESF denial weapons in the game, they also give them the best esf as well. Comepletely giving the TR air superiority by default. Look around. Terran has the "best" pilots because they don't have to deal with the frakkin striker.

2,500 dmg per clip. (500 dmg @ 5 rounds)

Completely denies faction air superiority. Strikers + Burster maxes + skygaurds = no friggin way.

Completely denies ground transports, armor and vehicles in OPEN ranges. No cover = no friggin way.

Forces other factions to cert IR Smoke // Flares in order to counter. Further giving the TR an unfair advantage because they don't have to.

Options to go about nerfing the striker

1) 5 rounds for a lock-on is just ridiculous. Nerf it down to 3, increase the damage per rocket SLIGHTLY, decrease overall damage for that clip. 500 dmg x 5 = 2,500 damage. How about, 600 x 3 @ 1,800. Increase lock on time by .5 or .25 seconds or decrease lock on range by 50-100 meters.

2) If you want to keep the 5 round clip, nerf damage to 350 dmg per rocket. Each clip at 1,750 dmg. Increase lock on time by .5 or .25 seconds or decrease lock on range by 50-100 meters.

3) Fix the mechanics of the lock on so esf can effectively dodge them without cover. Or, give flares the ability to be deployed every 10 or 15 seconds. Otherwise... Air superiority is never going to happen against the TR.

P.S. Vulcan on a Harasser has got to be one of the most broken things besides the Striker in this game. Really? Knocks a tank down to 20% health on a full clip? You've got to be kidding me. It should take 2 1/2 clips from behind and 3 1/2 in front. Not frikkin 1 1/2 clip from behind and 2-3 clips in front.
  7. CNR4806

This is a May thread you resurrected. The Striker has since gone through fixes and changes (Constant lock-on must be maintained for the rockets to hit), so the entire discussion is good as invalid.

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  8. Vorpal

This is an old thread. the Striker is no longer overpowered but now (in my opinion) distinctly sub par. Don't know why you'd take one over an annihilator (and an annihilator is nothing amazing either)
  9. MaxDamage

The thread started in April. When Striker was OP.

It's not now.

There is no need to post here.
  10. SquattingPig

His post was in May. Before Striker was nerfed
    • Up x 3
  11. Flapatax

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  12. MaxDamage

13. Flapatax

[IMG]
  14. MaxDamage

15. Flapatax

I don't understand what you're trying to say. Ender posted back in May, the thread was started in April. Both of these things were pre-nerf, on top of just in general being over six months ago.

What are you getting at? Did did you read it wrong initially and now that you've been called out are doing some kind of ad absurdum thing?
  16. Ender

I wasn't going to post but the fact you decided to follow up and reply about your first post..... I just.... I don't even know what to say.

How is it that you target my post, made when the striker was in it's original form almost 6 months ago, and not the guy that necro'd the thread? I'm assuming you realize where May falls on the calender in relation to April, but i'll give you a hint, it comes right after April. You might want to use some of your own advice, hypocrite. There was no need to post here.

The fact you tried to defend it as well is ABSURD. Do you get joy out of contributing to the general drop in IQ one must partake in to converse on these forums? Your best option here is to quietly let this go, and next time check time stamps a little more carefully before dropping witty knowledge bombs on a person.
  17. MaxDamage

The thread started in April.
  18. Sock

January February March April May November December July June September August October

Checks out.

edit: this is either hysterical or sad, I'm not sure which.
    • Up x 1
  19. LownWolfe

I'm helping!