Seriously IndarSide.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SKYeXile, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Babylon Rocker

yeah, it pretty bad on Mallory too, id love to play on Esamir and Amerish more often but on those 2 continets im either getting steamrolled or part of the steamroll, thats just not fun....

BF3 + Expansions has more different maps than ps2 atm has bases to find a more or less balanced fight for me, pretty sad tbh :(
  2. Hashi

ever seen Eisa tech plant?
  3. JudgeDeath

There will allways be a point in the map where the 3 factions logically meet. Removing the crown would solve nothing as there aint really a problem there to begin with.

I dont see the problem with the Crown at all ... Its perfectly capturable but you usually will need more then yourself and your squad of heroes to do it.
    Simple stuff ... attack the crown .. if defence is too high -> attack elsewhere ... After awhile you can see if the defending force has moved due to lack of action. If the main bulk has moved then all you need is a proper platoon to swoop in and take control.
  4. Archiemundo

I have died more at The Crown than any other location combined I think trying to capture it and you know what, it's my favorite point to fight at. IMO more spots need to be like this one & when you actually capture the Crown you feel a real sense of achievement rather than it being inevitable like most other points.
  5. NoXousX

I think you'd start seeing more people on other conts if there were increased incentives to play on conts where you are severely underpopped. That's where the XP farms were in PS1. You got devastated (territory wise), but gained a ton fo XP in the process. What also helped was the ability to actually have isolated infantry combat in doors other than some 50x50m cluster ****. This planetside is so momentum based that being underpopped = getting destroyed = getting no xp. For that reason, I have no desire to hit up amerish where NC have 80% pop. I'd rather go to 33/33/33 indar and just farm the utter crap out of people.

So, I blame game design, not the crown. It just so happens that Indar is setup in such a way that there is a crazy consistent 3 ways that no other continent can really rival.

For the record: Amerish is my favorite continent.
    • Up x 1
  6. mindbomb

i dont really have a continent preference, but since everyone plays on indar, i too don't really go to the other continents.
  7. Flarestar

The only problem with Indar is that it has both the Crown and the Skydock. Meaning that if one faction caps the continent, it takes a relatively small number of players of that faction to effectively prevent anyone else from capping it. The sheer amount of players you have to throw at both to take them from a ridiculously small number of defenders means that you're almost guaranteed to lose other territories to small teams in the meantime, even assuming you manage to successfully carry an assault against them.

Indar is hands down the hardest continent to take from a defending faction. I don't think that's a bad thing, but I do think that the Skydock should be moved to Amerish or something. Right now Amerish is a giant steamroll.
  8. ScrapyardBob

The choke points and complex geography on Indar definitely make it challenging. Amerish is okay as well. I'd say our outfit plays about equally on all 3 continents. Personally, I love attempting to assault the crown. It's a bloodbath as the infantry try to climb the hill against the defenders. Meanwhile, we're dropping in pods on the tower and there's a constant battle for air supremacy going on. It's crazy fun how much energy is expended trying to assault what is basically a minor base.

The joke on Mattherson is that the TR will ring the bat phone if they lose The Crown, then they'll take it and hold it while the rest of Indar falls to either the VS or the NC.
  9. Kunotron

The crown is one of the only spots that in this game where you can actually have a fun battle. The rest of the time it's 2 dozen tanks and ESFs surrounding a shack in the middle of a (snow) field /desert. Give your defenders some actual good defensive ground and they will defend.
    • Up x 1
  10. Goden

Esamir is fun but it can be ruined very easily by overpopulation since it is the smallest of the three continents.

I detest Amerish in every way and I refuse to play on it period. Just so many things wrong with that continent for me to even mildly enjoy myself.