Self restrictions

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Exitus Acta Probat, May 25, 2016.

1. Gundem

Poor guy. Thinks Shotguns are actually cheese.

I feel bad for ya', fella.
  2. Nintyuk

Your right, a SMG will wipe the floor with any shotgun in this game even in 'shotgun range'
  3. Gundem

Hell, any weapon will wipe the floor with a Shotgun in "Shotgun range", as long as you have the aim for it.

While a fairly lofty expectation, there are players who can... Ironically, they tend to have the most vocal complaints towards "Shotgun cheese".
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

With the exception of around 3-4, I don't use weapons I've auraxed and will often purchase the next weapon in my 'queue' a little in advance to avoid doing so.

I also have a personal code of always apologising to teammates unless I'm in a situation where I physically can't or the reason I've accidentally TK'd them was their fault, such as running into my line of fire when I was clearly firing my weapon. I also refuse to TK friendly deployed sunderers just because I think they're in a 'bad spot' or something similar. TK'ing friendly sunderers, or anything else on purpose to me is highly unsporting.
  5. Halkesh

Last time I tryed to do that on my NC char, an "ally" executed me. Why ? because he "hate low health MAX running on the spawnroom and wait for engineer".
  6. Pelojian

well he's an idiot, i hope you revenge TKed him, he should have swapped to engineer since there weren't any around obviously and repaired you if it bothers him so much.
  7. Diilicious

Im sorry but these should be law.
  8. William Petersen

Were you sitting there spamming V-6 or whatever is the "I NEED REPAIRS!" crap? I have a powerful urge to TK MAXes who spam that crap wherever they are. I hate spawn room campers more than most, but I understand a live MAX is more useful than a dead MAX. If I see a MAX in a spawn room I usually fix him up unless he's V-6ing me all the time. Like I can't figure out why a MAX with a sliver of HP is sitting in the spawn room.

Shotties are cheese. <.< When a non-MAX (because I can hear a MAX coming a mile away) can one or two-shot me, that's cheese.

I, too, don't pull out the shotty unless everyone else is using them (and being NC, I go for the biggest Shotties in the game. >=-D). Though I'm going to have to Jackhammer it up to get my Heavy Auraxed because shuck 1160 AV Grenade kills. x_X

At least with an SMG I have a fraction of a moment to react. With a shotgun, as soon as I see the first hit, the second hit has already been registered and there's literally nothing I can do. That's cheese. Snipers at least have to aim.
  9. Gundem

I've araxiumed literally every single solitary unique shotgun in the game except for the Brawler. I've araxiumed some of them multiple times over, and some of them with slugs and some without.

I've also araxiumed multiple other classes of weapons ranging from CQC carbines, LMG's and SMG's. I happen to be one of the most accurate players in the world, having top 100 accuracy for the vast majority of my weapons, including holding the 7th place for accuracy worldwide for my MSW-R.

No, Shotguns are NOT cheese.

I've actually created a series of threads dedicated to bringing down the anti-shotgun regime. They can be found here, here and here.

If you desire a strong dose of enlightenment, most of the good argument is located within the comments section. In particular, Demigan and Iridar51 provide a lot of insightful input and did a lot of research, and without them, most of these threads wouldn't have been possible.
    • Up x 1
  10. Nintyuk

Thank you for responding in a way I didn't have the energy for.
  11. Garedar

Depends on what I feel like. Usually with bright Camo and lights to stand out and make myself a target. Some feel this to be stupid. But i am not always playing for myself. One man distracting a dug in fighting position can be well worth the sacrifice.
    If I for some reason have too many kills or we have things under control I feel is the perfect time to mess around.
  12. Hegeteus

This statement is actually true for me, as I don't own any NS infantry weapons to begin with. I don't think it's a restriction though, it's a choice that can be played with and I chose faction specific weapons(choice I always pick in games).
    I've used some restrictions along the way, but I believe they should never be used for bragging or anything since I chose to abide by them. They've mostly been for practicing certain kind of weapons and situations

Making and diligently following a list of rules does not really make anyone more honorable or better than people who don't play by them. Abiding by some kind of "honor code" should matter only to their user, when everyone else who is playing is minding their own business

PS: I could say I've been using some kinda reverse rule to that shotgun thing someone mentioned. I found it boring to fight outside close quarters after such a long time of doing so. It's sometimes brave, sometimes stupid, but always fun
  13. DracoWolfe

Has anyone tried using iron sights only, only using the stock sights on the guns. Been doing it for a little while with my TR char, IronSightsMan. Also haven't bought a single sight for any gun.