Scoped and ADS sensitivity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RageMasterUK, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Loegi

Pretty much the entire reason why I hipfire most of the time. Since that's the most universal method, and using two feels incredibly weird. I want to be able to set my ADS sens equal to my hipfire sens.
  2. RageMasterUK

SOE LISTEN! FIX THE FUNDAMENTALS!
  3. Stromberg

depending on your mouse you might figure out a way to increase the speed when ADS'ing. other than that I wanted to point out, that it doesn't stop at hip/ADS. one might think that MAX mouse sensitivity is the same as hip-fire, right? wrong ... and don't even get me started on all kind of vehicle weapons.
  4. Aerolath

Just more garbage design copied from BF3.
    • Up x 1
  5. RageMasterUK

Started the twitter campaign, hitting every dev I can find until we get a resolution to this CRUCIAL issue. Competetive FPS DEMANDS. That we get an ADS sensitivity slider.
  6. Slaidd

No ****. Not being able to adjust ADS sensitivity is f'ing annoying as hell and has gotten me killed countless times more than I would have been had I been able to actually TURN while ADS'ing.
  7. RageMasterUK

I know exactly what you mean Slaidd. I estimate at least 30% of my ADS fails have this as the root cause.
  8. RageMasterUK

They responded on twitter and said they are looking into it. Here's hoping.
  9. MarlboroMan-E

Hope so. Frustrating problem, no doubt.
  10. NanoH

I created my account on the forum, just to reply to this. To perform a 180 unscoped, 4 mouse slides. to make the same scoped, 1/2 mouse slide. This is not playable.
  11. DuckSauce

UPDATE!

As of GU09, you can now change "mouse" (hip), ADS and scoped sensitivity separately. This lets you set the following equal:
    • Hipfire
    • EITHER 1x or 2x sights
    • EITHER 3.4x, 4x, or one of the >4x sights
    Personally I set hipfire equal to 1x equal to 4x (because the 4x Trueshot is <3). I'm still adjusting to the much higher ADS sensitivity, but ADSing as people try to run at/past me or jump around in CQC has become *much* easier.

It's also fantastic to follow someone unscoped and then zoom into sights and continue following them with the same hand movement.

This has been a great change for me, as far as quality of life is concerned.

Personally I would still like to be able to set 1x and 2x the same, set 3.4x and 4x the same but set sniper scopes lower... but one step at a time I guess.
  12. Hobo Jack

you just need a mouse with 3-5 different sensitivity settings that you can adjust on the fly, not really a problem with the game because many other shooters only have one mouse sensitivity slider. "why do i need better equipment?" you may ask well you obviously are not a casual player being as you are 1 actually messing with the settings and not able to find any to your liking. and 2 logging on the forums to talk about it. time to step up your game and buy some better equipment.
  13. DuckSauce

I don't think you really understand the issue being discussed.

To do this you would need to macro such sensitivity changes to your aim down sight button, and then have a button assigned to change the sensitivity set by that macro every time you change scopes. Because the issue is the ratio of hip to ADS accuracy, which used to be uncontrollable for scopes below 3.4x and is now somewhat controllable.

That would be doable, but convoluted and maybe a little more third-partyish than I'd want to risk given that macros are generally frowned upon. ("Frowned upon" = ban u)
  14. FABIIK

Pardon me if it sounds like trolling, but I don't understand this fuss. I'm genuinely surprised.
    Should every single game out there play/feel the same ?
    Is it not a SKILL (has this seems to be THE word for gamers) to ADAPT ?
  15. DuckSauce

Adapt to poor controls? Defending a poor system is just fanboyism.

Players asked for better tank controls in reverse and players asked for more sensitivity options. We got both of those. Players asked for better joystick support for aircraft; that's in the works, potentially for the upcoming-sometime-soon(ish) ESF update. When people who care about the game demand things that will make the game better, and the devs agree and wave their code-y wands and make the game better... how is that bad?
    • Up x 1
  16. FABIIK

Well... I have no problem shooting people. ADS or from the hip. Scoped or unscoped.
    I guess that's because I'm a fanboy...
  17. LibertyRevolution

I don't understand this thread at all...
    I want my mouse to move my crosshair the same amount all the time..
    If I move my mouse 1" left, it moves my aim to the same place hipfire or ADS.

Why do you want it to change depending on being ADS, or Hipfire?
    Wouldn't that mean you have to relearn how much you need to move the mouse for each?

I know that if I need to turn to 90º that is 1", 180º 2"..
    If it changed randomly depending whether I was ADS or not that would totally throw off the muscle memory...

I know all I did when GU09 came out is put that ADS slider on 0...
  18. Redshift

Most games set ADS has half hipfire, if you don't like that i think you'll find you're in the minority :)
  19. phreec

This game has a very low skillcap when it comes to the shooting mechanic but for games like Counter Strike it's crucial to have perfected your sensitivity in order to perform instant headshots. Adapting to poor controls and disregarding that previous aim is just gonna screw over your muscle memory. Believe it or not, but this isn't everybody's first shooter...
  20. S1eB

Wait a minuet, there is a slide for mouse speed which is your hipfire, there is one for ADS which affects sensitivity for iron sights and up to 4x scopes and one for scoped sensitivity which is for 4x and above.

That covers all methods of aiming and scopes.