Revert the Saron to a single shot high damage

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by dngray, Aug 13, 2014.

1. dngray

All in favor of reverting the Saron back to a single shot/high damage weapon. I think its current design is too strong VS armor but terrible vs infantry long range.
    • Up x 11
  2. WUNDER8AR

To get the frickin firing delay back? Hell no. The Halberd already provides what you're looking for.
    • Up x 14
  3. vanu123

I will take any delay over the spammy POS that it is now. 1 shot 1 kill, high risk high reward, etc. WE LOVED IT!!!! Then it was rudely taken away because "It was to similar to the halberd" BS.
    • Up x 7
  4. dngray

Totally! The old Saron used to be like a giant 1 shot sniper rifle. Took some serious skill but in the right hands it was a deadly weapon. The current version of the Saron is way too spammy like you said and is not really good at anything other than shooting armor close by. The recoil 2nd shot is too inaccurate to make it effective against MAXX's or infantry at medium distance.
    • Up x 2
  5. Phyr

1: Get a halberd
    2: Figure out drop
    3: Profit
  6. dngray

I don't want a halberd, I want the Saron the way it used to be!
    • Up x 2
  7. zombielores

----> Halberd is this way.

The old sarong had many flaws and was basically an awkward Halberd cousin with no drop and the my main issue with it is that if I'm surprised, the gunner will need to go through that delay just to fire back, made you lose a lot of engagement session because they would be half way reloading their next shot before you fired your first.

The new saran has its flaws and advantages, it's restricted to close to medium range because of its CoF but the mag dump works wonders up close yet it's still usable at longer ranges without test firing a few shots to figure out the drop.

" too strong VS armor but terrible vs infantry long range" um what, you realize it's an AV weapon right it's not meant to be good at AI as that's the tradeoff for better AV, I've actually never heard of this complaint because the vanu actually have a useful AI weapon out to any range.

#BasiliskMasterRace
    • Up x 2
  8. Thardus

I like the Saron the way it is, actually. Flexible. In tribute to Planetside 1, though, I do kinda miss it.

Maybe they could do another variant of the Saron?
  9. Sebastien

It was changed because a OHK, no drop, vehicle sniper was ********.
    • Up x 3
  10. vanu123

Then they should change the halberd.
    • Up x 1
  11. vanu123

PPA was nerfed even though it has only seen nerfs since release, they should have just buffed the canister and marauder. With only 6 rounds taking half a mag to kill a single infantry is ridiculous. By that logic the AP cannon shouldn't one shot infantry either.
  12. minhalexus

Halberd is slower, has drop and has only 1 shot per mag with slower reload speed.
    Saron is faster, no drop, and 6 shots per mag with faster reload speed.

I CAN NOT call it fair if they both can OHK infantry.
    • Up x 2
  13. Colt556

If we're on a nostalgia train I also want my old enforcer back. One shot per mag, OHKO against infantry, lock-on against ground vehicles if you had an optic. Why were all the cool parts of PS2 abandoned back in beta/early launch?
  14. vanu123

You don't understand it do you? I take it you didn't play back in the early days of PS2.
  15. Prudentia

cause MLG
    can't have interesting mechanics, that would make it harder to pull of for the super hardcore elite dumbfire projectile 313375
  16. Sebastien

The Halberd has drop.
  17. Sebastien

Striker spam was an interesting mechanic wasn't it.
    • Up x 2
  18. minhalexus

May 2013, that's when I started.

Even so, I would wonder why they "changed" the Saron if it was perfect the way it was.
  19. Prudentia

what does Infantry lockon launchers, which are about as standard as a pistol as a sidearm, have to do with Vehicle lockons?
  20. Sebastien

Because lock-ons in general are terrible for gameplay
    • Up x 3