Remove the referral system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shehadi

Said the guy who doesnt know you can change your camo during the day.

Seriously, do you listen to yourself? The fact that you dont even acknowledge that you cant switch out when the day night cycle changes makes me not take you seriously at all. The truth of the matter is, you are just looking for a reason to look down your nose at people.

Oh and by the way, vs have the best camo coverage than any faction, so you should make better use of them when on bright surfaces.
  2. Shehadi

I have TESTED all 3 factions, but you also seem to forget that there are 2 factions that everyone is fighting, I never have a problem seeing NC at night.

I love how you say Black camo would help if it was pitch black..you do realize pitch black would mean no one could see..you could be wearing hot pink and no one would know. The nights may not render you blind but they do change the color of background terrain and effect visibility, anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves.

I would like to mention they are releasing a dark camo with the patch i think, my argument being that black does work at night, especially when lined with purple. However the new black camo pattern looks stupid lol
  3. kungflu

Best fix is to not fix it. Is to remove it.
    I'm pretty sure, that 99.9% of us here do not like any sort of referral system unless it brings you income.
  4. Rhapsody

Actually, thats not true.

MOST of use are ok with the Referral system.

MOST of us are NOT happy with items that were dangled in front of our noses for months, suddenly ending up as part of the 'bundled' rewards for the Referral system, and then made 'exclusive' to the referral system. Making those items quite nearly impossible for a lot of us to get unless we fork over 250$ worth of dummy accounts.

And none of us are spending THAT much for 1 or 2 items.

If there was a way to get those items 'individually' with the 'bundle' being exclusive to the Referral system. This thread wouldn't be 27 pages and growing.
    • Up x 2
  5. ItsJustDash

Have we gotten any updates at all? I have been keeping my eyes on Reddit for the past week or so. (Taking a damn break from this game) Side note I want to play some but this ESF update has me scared =|
  6. JonnyBeanTown

Yes RadarX said a few times there are no plans at the moment to have these items on the store . He also added that doesn't mean they will never be. All we can do is wait .
  7. ItsJustDash

Ok so no adding SC to my account any time soon then :)
  8. Hobo Jack

because a business is in the industry to grow if there is no growth in sales every year than the mmo gets canned because it is only a matter of time before the sales diminish to nothing. There are many businesses who shut their doors mmo's included because while they was making a profit they did not see any sales growth so it was not in their best interest to continue the business endevor when you take into cost of opportunity. they could be spending their resources elsewhere where there is a chance for growth.

If you really want to see planetside grow it is not enough to just be a subscriber you need to help recruit new players. Also Subscribers cannot expect the red carpet treatment and act like a spoiled brat every time something is not available to them or something is not included in their subscription. it is a free game and they can't give the subscribers that much of an advantage otherwise it will turn away the free players.
  9. sindz

... Last I will say in this matter, because you are not getting anything. The nights in planetside are dusk/evening at best. Black does not help you anything, you still stand out. And I like how your counter argument is "you are wrong, im right." Keep thinking it will do anything for you, if you cant see VS at night compared to the others you are simply playing in too dark settings or you have bad eyesight. Every faction is just as hard to see as night, no one has an edge.

So now, VS have to another camo or they are in a disadvantage during day, do you even listen to yourself? You claim VS armor is so OP at night, but still requires VS to buy additional camo not to get blown away during the day. Big advantage here, huh? The truth in this case, is that you are reaching for any excuse - and simply you calling black camo gamebreaking earlier says it all.

But keep thinking black camo does anything for you, its so OP you actually need another camo during the day- Sigh-.
  10. Riddick

I agree with everyone here, the way the recruitment program was setup marginalizes all of us that have spent tens of thousands in SC supporting this game, and those of us in guilds that have already brought tens of people into the game. Now we find out we're locked out of exclusive content that should be in the store, but is only available via a system that's so ridiculously setup the only way most people will get the rewards are through dummy accounts and spending $100 of throwaway SC.

This is so incredibly bad on all accounts and was a horrible call on your part Sony.

If you you truly wanted to get more people into the game you'd introduce gameplay and content that made Planetside more than a large scale shooter that just ends up feeling like Deja Vu night after night. Invest more money in the game to retain and gain new subscribers, then trying to pull more players that aren't going to stick around due to the lack of interest.

These "exclusives" should at least be available to subscribers as well, you've already brought back the subscriber area of the store any way.
    • Up x 2
  11. Phrygen

Scale armor makes me sad... Looks ok on weapons... then you get up close and it looks like a knock off versace bag
  12. Zorlox

they used to be. the pitch black nights were awesome. they looked badass and if people had their lights off and weren't firing you had no clue there was a guy 5 yrds away from you. main problem was people would raise their brightness, just like people do now if they have an issue with VS camo, which completely negates its supposed superiority and completely ruined the balance of the awesome dark nights at the time unfortunately.
  13. Dethfield

What the hell.. ive spent alot of money and time in your game, and the one cosmetic i really wanted (MAX Lumifiber) is pretty much out of reach (seriously, how can you even ensure all 10 friends will spend money in the store?). And im sure you guys dont want people to create dummy accounts... but you bet your **** its going to happen with this system.
    • Up x 1
  14. Smashoo

Agreed am Not buying any more SC until this is sorted.

• Refer less people
    • Having to get them all to spend money
    • Having item too exclusive
    I will quite happily refer people to gain items but I will not until its a little bit more realistic for every1 elses sake, as well as my own.
    My changes:-
    • Refer 5 people
    • The referred player to achieve BR25 or have the combined players spend $50
    • Give both the referrer and the referred an added exp % increase onto of any increase they already have.
    • An Exclusive title
    • Added SC
    • Items in game that already exist
    • Maybe one or two items that are exclusive (Not as sort after as already shown)
    These are just examples and ideas for what to give them not a breakdown of everything they should get.

Lots of other games have pulled off referral system well, I mean just look at how well WoW did and they didn't ask for anything near this much. For referring 1 new player that bought 1 month subscription with WoW you get 1 Month free for yourself and an exclusive mount that was it (its changed a little since the old days but not massively)
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/raf-in-game-rewards

I understand these items are free and we don't need to refer people but I like this game and want to, but it needs to be abit more realistic
    Fix it.

Anyway that's all I have to say about this until it sorted.
  15. Shehadi

i dont think you are listening to YOURSELF. The VS default camo is at no more disadvantage to TR...seriously, do you think a whole lot of red and little bits of black and grey blends in with daytime environments?...in face what environment in the game could RED possibly blend in with.

And once again, this whole im right and you are wrong is a game YOU are playing as well. You can argue all you want, but stop being a hypocrite. It's pathetic when someone points an accusing finger at someone, blaming someone for something they themselves are guilty of, just to get their point across. At the end of the day, almost everyone i talk to who plays the game has a harder time spotting vs, they just blend in better with dark settings, especially inside of fecilities, where their environments are just as dark grey as they are
  16. Shehadi

Back on topic, I just wish they would sell some of the cooler items to us, perhaps they could use some of that money towards making a cool new cinematic trailer, one that doesnt paint 2 sides as awesome and one as complete cannon fodder, lol. Again, pone of the big issues with this game, is that almost every person i know heard of the game from me. Doesnt seem to be a lot of awareness of planetside despite the efforts of SOE
  17. mina5

they will make less money this way .... if they just released those items in market place they would make more money .
  18. IronTyrant

I agree with allot of what has been said, i think the main issue with the system is the sheer amount of people you have to recruit. here are my thoughts in more detail for those who are interested:

19. Phrygen

yea. It is a shame honestly.
  20. Rhapsody

Yea, i was being a bit sarcastic ;)

They will also lose quite a bit of revenue if those of us who are 'subscribers' cancel our subscriptions. For this 250$ money-grab, they risk losing 180 a year.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.