Remove the referral system

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rendezvous, Jul 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Agreed with this 100%.

I eagerly awaited for the new turret models for the Vanguard. This referral thing is a slap in the face as all my friends already tried/are playing PS2.

How the hell am I supposed to get those referrals? Getting that amount of randoms is a chore in itself...but then they have to actually pay for it...

Feels like I've been to prison and my precious backside is now 5cm wider.

1. Make the goals more realistic from the consumer's point of view.
    2. Make the rewards available in the ingame shop aswell. This will still allow people to use the referral program to gain the rewards without paying for them themselves and allows your other paying customers to get the cosmetic items aswell by paying for them.

My 2sc, because I truly feel hurt by this. I really wanted those Vanny turrets.

Great posts. 5 stars and a thumbs up.
    • Up x 1
  2. TeknoBug

I recruited 2 people through referral and they spent the qualifying amount and I got nothing (rank 1 rewards) but the page says "pending recruited".
  3. Rhapsody

this is just a Guess.

But im going to assume that the 'rewards'.. for people that actually take part in this stupid money-grab, will not actually be 'tallied up' untill after 30-day increments.

This is based off the fact that the 'new recruits' have 30 days to spend 10$ for them to 'count' as a recruit. So your rewards will not show up till after those 30 days have passed per recruit.

i.e:

Recruit 1 joins on the 5th of June. Immediately spends $10.
    Recruit 2 joins June 28th, but waits till July 5th to spend his 10$

Recruit 1 isnt deemed 'official' until July 5th, even though he spent his 10$ back on June 5th.
    Recruit 2 isnt deemed 'official' until July 28th, even though he spent his 10$ on July 5th.

Meaning that even though you recruited both friends in June, you will not get the first tier reward until July 28th when the second recruit becomes 'official'.

Either way.

I still think this is a real bad move on the part of SOE.

I dont mind promotional deals, I dont mind them trying to get players to once AGAIN try to get more people into the game. What i do not agree with though is their use of stringing along their player-base with pictures of new 'toys'.. then after seeing how eager we were to get those new toys, hide them inside a promotional deal designed to get them 250$ per 'completed' highest tier recruitment drive.

I wouldn't have even given these threads a 2nd glance (and likely not even a 1st glance), if those items were available SINGLY within the in-game store. But their not. Their hidden away inside a 250$ money-grab.

And it has cost them the 180$ per year they were getting from me with my subscription, as i canceled it the moment it became apparent they were not going to offer the items they had been dangling in front of our noses individually in the in-game store.
  4. Samutus

Change it please, make it XP based, to ask recruits to pay is insane.
  5. Thurwell

It's a free game, if they don't have to pay people would just make the necessary amount of smurf accounts to collect their gear. Heck I'd do it. And even with the money requirement people do that, I don't know anyone with those rewards who has actually recruited anyone.
  6. Samutus

Exactly. Players are worth more than just a few quick bucks early on. What I keep saying is that SOE needs to work more on making the player feel rewarded early on so that they will stick around to 1) Become long term costumers, 2) Tell other people about the game, and potentially (3 Create content for the game through programs like Player Studio. This is why I have been pushing for early 10 cert, 25 cert, and 50 cert weapons for new players to get them into the game. Right now SOE is relying on people showing up, seeing the shiny things cost money, and buying them. This is an MMO, they should be looking at things more long term. The system isn't succeeding in its intended purpose, it should be changed.
  7. Lonecompany

Not trying revive an old post here, but I felt that I needed to address this.

• Have all items be obtainable with SC cash, at least the one's that aren't. Not trying to be mean or negative, but i'm sure you'd make more money by releasing each item on the depot. I'd defiantly throw some money down at most of the items there.
    • Yes, very good, but I just don't it should be 100% exclusive.
    • It's a good system for now, i'd just have it that the players should spend below $5 instead of $10. I've seen a lot of companies doing the refer-a-friend thing that you can pay less and get more items.
    Also a question I don't think was addressed, I told two friends about the game a long time ago, and they've been playing for months plus put more than $10 bucks into the game. Is there anyway to refer them, since technically I recruited them before the refer-a-friend program was implemented?
  8. TheBloodEagle

I can deal with trying to "recruit" people but the fact that they have to spend $10 too is way over the top.
  9. Heyitsrobbie1984

yeah.... no.

of course i want the helmets but the goal is really out of reach for me.
  10. z1967

NO NECROPOSTING.
  11. Tenebrae Aeterna

They can't do it any other way.

It's a free to play game, if they didn't require people to actually pay to count as a recruit...you would have people making false accounts just to get those items. I know I would, I know 90% of everyone else would too.
  12. Vinakis

Somehow, I feel this thread may be worthy of the Necromancer's touch.
  13. Selerox

It's still something people feel strongly about. It's still a black mark on SOE's record with it's community.

It's still an issue.
  14. NC_agent00kevin

15. Halcyon

First time I saw recon camo, I asked the guy where he got it.
    He told me he referred 10 of his own email accounts and then paid $10 on each account just to get the camo.

$100 camo. I think SOE's plan is working.
  16. DG-MOD-02

I am going to close this thread now. Thank you for the feedback!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.