[Suggestion] Remove Hossin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PurpleTape, May 30, 2015.

1. PurpleTape

When Hossin is unlocked, which is more often than not, it has the lowest population. This is because very few people like Hossin. I think what those people like are the small fights that Hossin provides.

If Hossin was removed, continents would be more balanced. This would be until there is an alert of course.

What do you guys think?
    • Up x 6
  2. Scr1nRusher

Forumside at its finest.
    • Up x 15
  3. AlterEgo

We've been waiting around THREE years for Hossin (Hossin was being designed a year before the game's release). Why should it go away? The issue is that population needs to increase, not limit the options. This can be done through advertising and dropping the ridiculous cert prices.
    • Up x 8
  4. Armcross

More maps I say. If you don't
    Iike hossin you can play other maps
    • Up x 7
  5. 00000000000000000000

[IMG]
    • Up x 22
  6. cbplayer

i like smawps
    • Up x 1
  7. Hatesphere

Hossin is fine. Some players just don't like anything not indar. Like people who play 24/7 2fort servers and nothing else.
    • Up x 4
  8. PurpleTape

My favorite map is Amerish and I like medium-sized fights. I can't play on Amerish if it is locked nor enjoy medium-sized fights if almost the entire server is playing on just one continent.

I made a thread a couple of days ago for an alternative instead of removing Hossin. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...-continent-locking-ideas.226535/#post-3191546
    • Up x 1
  9. Hammerlock

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  10. lothbrook

Hossin should be removed because its terrible, long open stretches of catwalks that funnel you into killzones before opening up at the point rooms again leading to hordes of people sitting on both sides of the killzones waiting for people to run through that doorway.

I avoid the continent like the plague, Amerish has equally as terrible base designs with tiny spawn rooms that are off to the side of the bases and completely open around them.

Indar and Esamir are the only continents worth playing on.
    • Up x 5
  11. dngray

Let me fix that for you" *Remove this thread*

Lately, Hossin has become my favorite Continent. If you don't like Hossin, you need to upgrade you PC specs. Hossin is great.
    • Up x 9
  12. Kanil

My favorite map is Hossin and I like fights with cover. I can't play on Hossin if you ***** get it removed from the game.

The map really needs less horrible mountains, though. The swamp portions are the best terrains in the entire game, we need more of those. Meanwhile the hell hole that is Acan is the worst terrain in the game.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ryo313

but look how beautiful those trees are :eek:
    [IMG]
    ( well you can't see very far but thats what i find so special and nice )
    • Up x 2
  14. PurpleTape

I think it is a good idea to give a substantial reward to make people feel that they have a purpose for fighting, but there are other ways for completing this goal. I think that the alerts should change to capturing certain things, like AMP stations. The winner of the alert would receive a "perk" that could be shown in the tab menu. This would act the same way as the bonuses from continent alerts now, only there is no continent locking involved.

A perk could last until at the end of the next alert and the perks given could be either randomly chosen, or based on the alert. I think it would also be good for a wider variety of alerts. Instead of just territory control alerts, there should be alerts for kills.

The kills could be general or specific, like killing engineers. Another type of alert could be getting the most amount of ribbons, whether it be healing or killstreak.

If people still want the satisfaction of locking a continent, it should only be one at a time. This makes it less likely that the continent a person really enjoys is locked. The continent locking mechanic should change to where a faction must secure all of the territory of one faction, and then the faction must take out that faction's warp gate. To secure that warpgate as their own. It would lock the continent for one faction, but not the other two. This would make the "something worth fighting for" battles more intense.
  15. agentpuhpul

personally i REALLY REALLY like hossin, but that's just me ^^
    • Up x 5
  16. Colinljx

Yup, Esamir>Indar>Amerish>Hossin (imo)
    • Up x 1
  17. CapEnTrade

Yes please. Remove it.
    Aren't enough players to split 4 ways anyways, so get rid of it. Nobody likes it, it's lagging, and I hate it.

Make it exclusive for paying players only please.
    • Up x 1
  18. FBVanu

• Up x 2
  19. J3D1

[IMG]
    Awww, you can't get your ship out.
    • Up x 5
  20. Villanuk

I would not shed a tear if hossin was removed. It has the lowest population for a very god reason, Air Farmers rule. You have little chance of taking them down. Every other map has universal game play, every counter can be countered, not on this map.

We all wanted a new map and they produced what would be fair to say an incredibly visual map, but the designer never considered the game play for ALL the players, who enjoy various roles, this map is mainly for infantry CQC and most certainly air farmers.
    • Up x 1