[Suggestion] Remove Hossin

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PurpleTape, May 30, 2015.

1. toast2250

You can still farm with a tank and even better with the aircraft on hosin,.. ,.. :confused:

I also agree that its more of a funnel-ish map than not.
  2. Friendlee

the better you become as a player, the more it won't matter where you are. find a skill/player type that works for you and stick with it...should play well for you day/night/continent....
  3. PurpleTape

Hossin is like the duster. It has low visibility (with thermals) and a majority of people either don't like it and/or don't use it.

With the added duster, the Liberator was nerfed significantly. Liberator pilots, much like players today, cannot do the things that they used to do. For the Liberator it was killing infantry with the dalton/ having more ammo; but, with Hossin players cannot play on any continent they want (whether that be Hossin or Indar). The game restricts players to only two continents which means, more often than not, there is a continent open that you don't like, further restricting your options.
  4. Jbrain

I love infantry based combat but I still hate doing it on hossin because of the kind of constant foggy darkness makes it a wet dream for vanu. You cant see them very well at all and it leads you to losing so many fights it just gets old. If they would reduce the fog and nerf vanu super camo then maybe hossin would be viable.

I think the reason people like indar is because fights can be cqc, huge zergs, or a random number of styles. But most importantly is I can see very well on indar without having to quip a night scope just to see vanu in the seposed day time like I do on hossin. Devs underestimate how hard it is to see vanu on many of the maps and I wish they would.
    • Up x 1
  5. Maniaboo

Hossin is the best map so far.
    It's the least laggiest.

Indar was a botched up map just to get PS2 running and still feels like it isn't optimized in places.

What we need is the servers merging so we have big fights on all the continents.

Removing a continent would kill the game , we need more continents and less servers.

I am actually bored to death with Indar. The reason there are dwindling numbers is due to lack of content. We should have loads more vehicles and loads more continents by now to stop people who have been playing ages from getting bored and moving on to other games.

PS1 had about 20 different types deployables for the engineer ffs.
  6. Dgross

I avoid Hossin every time I log on.
    Horrible vehicle combat, horrible color palette, horrible base designs.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kronias

Thats the point my friend, if your not on the verge of sh**ing yourself constantly whats the point? It's a war zone! you shouldn't feel comfortable!
  8. Kronias

Everyone keeps saying that, but being an Emerald player, I almost never see Aircraft on Hossin. Once in a blue moon I'll see a few Valkaries, maybe a Liberator. Gals or ESFs? basically never. idk where this Hossin meme of "lol air farmers" comes from. I literally never see it.
  9. Chubzdoomer

I don't think it should be removed, I just don't think it should've been designed to begin with. It's a terrible continent with virtually no redeeming qualities.

Will we ever get another continent on par with Indar, I wonder? It's ironic that it was the very first one, yet remains the best by far. Can't the devs see that we want continents with VARIETY and ENJOYABLE environments to fight in? It's as if they've learned nothing over the course of Esamir, Amerish, and Hossin.
  10. St0mpy

Hossin is awesome, I like it. Great to Harass on, many unique bases, Hossin alerts are the best!
  11. PurpleTape

For a large majority of the bases on Hossin, they are just raised variants of their Amerish, Esamir, and Indar counterparts. This makes it difficult to flank people on these bases without being a LA
  12. Dowlphin

Remove PurpleTape. Makes the forums more balanced.
  13. PurpleTape

Lol. Are you saying I'm OP?
  14. Gammit

Hossin is best continent for infantry.
  15. FieldMarshall

16. PurpleTape

That is an opinion, which you are entitled to, but not everyone has the same opinion as you. Just because I think Amerish is the best continent doesn't mean it is.
  17. Alkaid1

if DBG doesnt make my game dieing on 25 fps on hossin, i would love hossin
  18. Shanther

And people wonder why SOE DBG likes to post on Reddit and not their own forums...
    • Up x 1
  19. Calisai

Wait? Was your initial post that Hossin is OP?

I thought it was that nobody liked it and they don't play it. I think that was what he was saying.... :eek:
  20. Ronin Oni

because it sucks. That's why.

It promotes the worst of the gameplay (shelling bases with vehicles) more than any other continent