[Suggestion] Refund the HA AV weapon since patch changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrincessFrosty, Dec 12, 2012.

1. VoidMagic

Yep Im no longer buying anything. You and SOE win MNO!
    • Up x 1
  2. Vreki

Seriously, you can not expect them to refund all purchase affected by a patch. It would be a constant circus, and they would be afraid to balance anything because of the workload it would create.

And how about those who bought them for certs, should they be refunded too?
    Of course you couldn't just do a blanket refund, you would have to see if they were on sale, or part of a bundle etc.

Or maybe those who bought a weapon that got buffed later should be charged extra, because that must be fair too, right?
    I cant wait too see that "Skyguard enhancement, SC 300" bill pop up.
  3. Tharrak

Ah well. I got a medal on the basic launcher after buying these two advanced models. Anti-air was just like in the description, very good at killing air. :p

---
  4. Srixun

Bump on this. I bought the Hawk for fast shooting dumbfire. they changed it AFTER i spent my SC on it. Give me my SC back.
  5. Zhul

Well stated and I fully agree. The Hawk was an incredibly useful multitask tool (with significantly reduced damage from the Shrike and Crow). Now it is a mediocre unitasker.
  6. GrenadeShark

7. Flarestar

We don't. But it's a reasonable expectation for them to refund the certification points (regardless of whether it was purchased with SC or certs) when they remove core functionality from a weapon. If they want to add core functionality that's fine - it's not potentially invalidating the entire reason for making the purchase. Likewise, nerfing a weapon just makes it less effective at what it already can do, while still being able to continue doing those things. That's a balance change, and all of us are aware that those can potentially happen.

Removing core functionality from already marginally effective weapons, without a substantial buff to compensate, is another matter entirely. The G2G launcher is now a relic - the lock on was already useless in many situations. The requirement to lock on now means that you are virtually always better off using the dumb fire. The G2A launcher barely functioned as a deterrent before, but at least sometimes it netted you an actual kill. Now I'll just carry my dumb fire and shoot ESFs with my LMG, functions just as well to make them go away for a bit.

Something people keep misunderstanding - no one is demanding that they refuse to balance weapons that were SC purchased. We're just asking to be respected as customers. What they're doing is the equivalent of selling a piece of software that does whole number addition and subtraction, then a few days later removing the subtraction function but offering you a shiny new calculator that only does subtraction WITH DECIMALS. Oh, and you have to walk around for a bit to switch which calculator you're using.

If this were any other environment than an MMO people would be outraged. Unfortunately MMO developers have conditioned us to accept mediocrity and poor business ethics. Personally I'm tired of doing that.
    • Up x 1
  8. VoidMagic

First and foremost there's a difference between changing values to damage or armor or speed and removing the most common target type from what a weapon can engage. HUGE difference. You don't see anyone complaining about nerfs and buffs, this is a fundamental change to what the weapon can engage. That's a HUGE difference. You can make all the dumb arguments you want about it, however, don't expect anyone to give two hoots about them. You want to argue if the weapon was balanced take it to another thread, it's not relevant here (although where were you before this change?)

Secondly, at least for myself, I just want SOE to refrain from FUNCTIONAL changes to weapon systems that they allow folks to purchase with cash. I could careless about nerfs and tweeks untill such time the nerfs and tweeks = REMOVAL OF ADVERTISED FUNCTIONALITY. Heck, I could even forgive SOE if this was done in some reasonable time frame like say they warn us about the change now and then remove the functionality 6 months from now, giving users a reasonable expectation of advertised use.

2 weeks + 99% of targets lost = worthless weapon... no refund, no apology, just hahahahahahah we have your $$$$$ = no more business

o and btw here's another weapon just like the one we just pwnt your wallet with....

yea Im disgusted with them right now... you bet.
    • Up x 1
  9. Vreki

I disagree, the core functionality of the AA launcher is the lockon. That is what allows it to be an usable AA launcher.
    Dumb-fire was inconsequential to the stated purpose of the weapon.

I also used it as an laser accurate rocket sniper, but it was obvious to me that it was unbalanced that way. It made standard launchers obsolete.
  10. PrincessFrosty

Exactly dead on, I agree with you on all points.

Getting a refund in this circumstance is reasonable I believe, if they decide not to give a refund as a good faith gesture to the players then this represents a real risk to me as a buyer, if the products they sell me can be changed to this degree then I will avoid future purchases.

When it comes to my hard earned money I take this seriously, they cannot play games with paying customers like this, especially when they release a similar weapon on the same day which replaces this functionality, that very strongly appears to be a tactic to bleed customers for more cash and i will not tolerate that.
    • Up x 1
  11. dienekes00

Precisely what I was saying above, and what most of the naysayers in this thread are ignoring. No one is complaining about balance changes. We're complaining about getting ******. The weapon WAS balanced. It had greatly reduced damage. I don't even think anyone has even complained about their fight to **** us, under the ToS. But, that doesn't mean they should or that we have to be happy about it. I've played many online game over the past couple of decades and totally understand the nature of balance patching. This is something else. And it's very dangerous.

Therefore, they're not going to get any more money from me. Pure and simple. I still love the game. I'll still play the game, but I'm not feeding more money into such a system.
  12. Brissles

You know we're talking about AV, not AA, right?
  13. PrincessFrosty

I'm not talking about AA, i'm talking about AV, 99% of the AA usage in my case uses lock on and so the balance is fine as it is, the AV however needs dumbfire, having to stand beind tanks waiting for a lock when you're 10 feet from them is completely unreasonable and the weapon is never used in this way in CQC because it adds significant delay to the refire rate and alerts enemies with the lock on notice.
  14. Flarestar

Especially since the AA launcher apparently didn't get the range and reload buffs anyway, so no, it doesn't do it better than it did before.
  15. PrincessFrosty

Please learn to read.
  16. Chakashio

Oh, come on people. I understand that you dislike the fact SOE changed something you liked and bought, but really..
    "I bought C4 for 200 certs, flak armor gets buffed, give me my certs back!",
    "I bought the Magburner for my Magrider for 200 certs, because I wanted to boost myself into the sky to hit enemy aircraft, but now they can acclerate even faster, give me back my certs!"...

You could literally say that you bought something for a specific reason, even if it hadn't anything to do with anything. Like "I bought a camo because I like the HA class!" ; if they change ANYTHING, you could state that now, that the game has changed, your reason of buying is non-existant anymore and SOE should give back everything..? :x
  17. Nehlis

Lemme get this straight, because the AV specific rocket launcher now can't be blindly fired into INFANTRY whenever you feel like it means that it's a nerf? It's not, it's refinement. The AV rocket launcher easily out preforms the stock rocket launcher AGAINST VEHICLES at long range. Before it was a "Pure upgrade" which went against the business model. Now it's brought to be a proper sidegrate. When you take an AV launcher, you should expect to use it against vehicles, not infantry. Likewise, when you buy a HE tank cannon, don't cry when it does worse against armor than the stock HEAT rounds.
  18. MNO

How is it different to the AV changes exactly? Does the job it was intended for.

Learn to comprehend.
  19. hostilechild

The sad part is people complaining about this for 2months of beta and they never bothered to do it. Why now? They can make more money selling all the launchers instead of just 1 :rolleyes: And few would have bought them in this new state.
  20. Vreki

Maybe, but lets not forget that the game is released at least two month before it was ready. I am sure you remember the reaction in the beta forums when they announced the release date "You are releasing when? Are you out of your minds?"
    Followed by huge changes to the gameplay that had like four days to be tested before the beta servers vent down.