[Suggestion] Refund the HA AV weapon since patch changes

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PrincessFrosty, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Trget

I completely agree.
  2. Alexii

AV got nerf = no dumb fire. But the lockon speed and range was buffed. AA got dumbfire removed with no boost to reload speed and lock on time to air. To summ up AA can no longer do ANY damage to ground. AA ability remains the same.
    Learn to read and comprehend.
  3. VoidMagic

So I see alot of people here angry about getting hit with rockets as infantry.
    I would have FAR LESS issue with the rockets passing through infantry.

Why wasn't that change made? Also, once again this thread is about the removal of FUNCTION from a weapon. It's not about balance. My opinion is that anyone crying about rockets OSK should also be crying about sniper rifles, C4, grenades and the new underslung grenades. However, that's all off topic.

This is about customers being treated unfairly, by having goods they purchased rendered unfit for advertised use in 90% + of all situations 2 weeks after purchase.

There are a million ways to skin a balance cat, all we are asking here is that you don't use nuclear weapons on it.

If any type of less invasive balance was done, heck maybe some kind of effort to retain us ... to correct whatever the percieved issue was, besides dumbfire removal. MOST OF US, would still be SONY CUSTOMERS.

I will submit my ticket after hours today. Sadly, I have very little hope in SOE customer service... hopefully I will be very wrong. I was enjoying shopping with SONY and will be sad if they are no longer worthy of my patronage.
    • Up x 3
  4. Brissles

Oh my.
  5. Scorpion

I agree that the Station Cash ( note: Not money ) should be refunded and the item becomes locked again. Since these weapons currently have no certs tied to them this makes this transaction rather easy and since SoE already has your money from the Station Cash. This isn't a simple change the numbers type of balance but a overhaul of the item as the lockon version already suffers reduced damage from the base version and now loses a key feature which many people bought into for it.

The refund costs SoE nothing as it already has your money from the Station Cash and if SoE stands behind its products in game then it should be a no brainer. I am curious what will happen when the Empire Specific Heavy Assault Launchers that are coming out thus making all these obsolete if they are even close to what they were in PS1. T-Ray mentioned during a livestream the Empire Specific Heavy Weapon should be out by the end of this year, though I am not sure if that was meant for Live or Internal play.

PS 1 Empire Specific Heavy Assault Launchers were:

NC Phoenix:
    Camera Guided Rocket that the operator could fire and guide the rocket to the target. The operator has no idea what is happening to him personally while guiding the rocket but can do so safely from behind cover. This could be used to strike air, vehicles, MAXs and with a much lesser damage to infantry. This had a dumb fire mode.

TR Striker:
    Lock On Rocket Launcher with a 5 round clip that could lock on to Air / Ground vehicles and MAX's and could be fire dumb fired, with .5 second delay between shots. Took about 7 rockets to drop a Reaver on average and 15 to kill a tank. Damage was greatly reduced vs infantry.

VS Lancer:
    Man portable Saron gun from the Magrider in every way except no splash damage and greatly reduced damage vs infantry.
  6. Nehlis

So lemme get this straight, AA specific rockets can no longer do ground damage? How is that so bad? It's not supposed to be a "Universal rocket launcher that also has AA lock on" its supposed to be AA SPECIFIC.
  7. Brissles

READ THE ******* THREAD TITLE. AV != AA.
  8. Hosp

I've said this before and I'll say it again...

We expected things to be tweaked. This is much more than a tweak, it's a new weapon which I (and we) can't use in the day-to-day operations of the outfit.
    I understand SC refunds would be a pain in the A@#.
    Allow a weapon unlock swap or cert refund or something.
  9. MNO

Still not seeing the problem. AV does AV. AA does AA.

Sorry, if you wanted jack of all trades you should've stuck with default.

Tissue?
  10. Brissles

I'm pretty sure you're not understand this one bit. It has nothing to do with jack of all trades.

The AV rocket launcher now requires a lock-on before firing. No dumb fire. Dumb fire has been removed. The mechanics of the weapon have changed.

Stop talking about AA.
  11. botosan

lock on rocket launcher still can fire
  12. Artuskan

I don't remember waiving my ability to complain. I think the Fifth Amendment guarantees my right to complain, no matter what SOE's TOS may say.

I'm not asking for or expecting a refund, but I think changing the function of the launchers crosses the line from balancing to bait and switch. I doubt that it was an intentional bait and switch, but the end result is no different. If PS2 has to have players purchasing items with cash instead of in-game certs to survive, then SOE needs to be very careful about behavior that discourages players from buying.
    • Up x 2
  13. Cyridius

Hate to break it to you guys who want a refund, but you have no leverage.

You did not buy the AA Launcher. What you bought was Station Cash, and you used that fake, digital currency to buy something else. And to add to this, SOE's EULA totally and utterly covers them, you signed away your right to complaint - actually no, you didn't, you can complain, you just signed away your right to be listened to. Not their fault you didn't read it.

And yes, all you people asking for a refund because functionality was changed are really just whiners that wanted easy weapons. Really. The AA Launcher was BUFFED in the last patch. Oh no, you can't shoot at ground targets to do ineffective damage? What will you do now? Use it as intended?! WHAT IS THIS?!

It is taken for granted in any MMO and most FPS games that when you buy an item it is subject for change, so much so that it's specified. Because you decided to be careless doesn't mean you get refunds.
  14. Dralger

"It's not useless. It shoots down air, better than it did before. Cuz you know, it's an anti-air launcher."

Haha except not better than before, the proposed buffs to G2A launchers to balance removal of dumbfire mentioned by Higby were lies, all it got was a straight NERF.
  15. Brissles

Yet another person that can't read. Go and re-read the thread title and first post.

Your point about signing away rights to be listened to is true, though.
  16. Cyridius

Yeah, I'm fully aware of what the OP said. He's asking if it will be refunded, I may it pretty clear what my opinion was and why. I know he was pretty humble about it all, so I may have come off a little harsh, but my post wasn't for him specifically.
  17. Lord Robert

They are not refunding. You are stuck with what you buy no matter what changes they make or functionality they remove or new weapons they introduce and try to sell you when they remove said functionality. Its the business model they use, remember that when you buy SC.

My refund request

Unfortunately, we will not be able to reimburse the Station Cash associated with your purchased items. But please know that our Developers made these changes to improve the balance of the game. By balancing the game in this manner, the game play should become more pleasant, realistic, and competitive for all players. If you ever need assistance from us again, please do not hesitate to ask!

Good luck with yours, let me know if you get a refund via pm please.
  18. Dralger

So if it was ineffective damage then how was it an 'easy weapon' ?

Wrong. The "buffs" you are referring to were all lies in Higby's post, read the actual patch notes: the extended range and reload speed were not inclued, only the dumbfire removal NERF.
  19. Brissles

Yes, but the fundamental point is that we're not talking about AA at all, we're talking about AV.
  20. Cyridius

Wat.
    Surely they just forgot to put them in?