RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 20

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Drsexxytime

Oh Cycles is awesome, we all know that, he deserves a raise/promotion as he's been the most helpful person to the community, and that's not even his dedicated position duty most likely. And why again are questions from the interviews only taken from twitter again? Seriously, tweeting on your own time about food, books, clothes, movies, whatever is cool. Don't force us to use a 3rd party media service to interact with something that has a dedicated outlet for already. I'll leave you with another example:

If you look at the roadmap you guys tout, you know the one where a weapons design/balance/gameplay dev whatever he is was SHOCKED when he looked at the rating of the pump action shotguns meaning he doesn't read them, facebook and twitter integration is at a whopping 0, and it will stay that way because it's useless AND/OR it is viewed upon as using us your consumer as a free advertising arm. If I think your product/service is worth it, believe me, I'll tell others. The time and resources no matter how little spent on this "feature" can be used much better elsewhere.

3rd party services such as social media outlets are for advertising/marketing at best. Not a QA device for your dedicated community members. So it bolsters trending, big whoop, at the cost of frustrating quite a bit of your userbase. Compiling input for a service (your game) at one input is highly more efficient than spreading things thin as well. These points have been well documented and continuing education will show this, and you don't even have to go to those classes and just look at your forums to see how upset people are. We have to skim reddit, twitter, fb, psu, and who knows where else for information about this game, many times info not unveiled here first.

I'm sorry for the tone, but this is one of the most frustrating issues that consumers face today. You'll find that tone everywhere, yet the suits just don't listen.
  2. Luperza Community Manager

Mat Broome's YouTube video is updated and added to the original post.

On the Twitter vs. forums topic, I can try to start taking questions from the forums as well, but the major problem is giving you credit for your question and keeping people's questions short.

On forums, people get long winded and go on about things which is great because that's what a forum is for. Twitter is great because it limits you to 140 characters. That's the main thing and also it's very easy for me to compile questions via Twitter with a hashtag. Where as, on the forums, questions get lost in long threads of players having discussions. ;)
    • Up x 2
  3. Gavyne

I had a feeling you guys preferred twitter because it does keep posts short. Of course I dislike twitter because there's never enough room to type anything worth while lol. But yeah I can see from your stand point why you folks like twitter better.
  4. Luperza Community Manager

Yeah, I'm working on a form for this page. Hopefully, that will fix the whole Twitter/Forums/etc. This will become the way that everyone adds their questions. :) I want to start using that page more in general.
    • Up x 2