RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 20

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

I can shed some light on the EU deal. It's hard to do contests that incorporate EU and some parts of the US because of legal issues. It's just an unfortunate thing for all game companies, not just us.

...But there might be some way that I can get Prosieben support to work around it. We'll see. Like I said, it'll be a bit further in the future before I'm able to really flesh out the contests I have planned. :)
    • Up x 1
  2. Eclipson

Why is FNO so late today? o_O
  3. Gavyne

5-7pm pst is their new time. They had to shrink their broadcast time.
  4. Miniman

Aaw this is probably the closest fno will ever come to my small outfit (used to roll with con during beta), but it's just too late for me :(
  5. McFly

was talking about the post you replied to. Wrong button clicked
  6. Gav7x

OMGWTF PLANETSIDE 1 LAUNCHER
    ORGASM ORGASM ORGASM ORGASM ORGASM
    MAH PHOENIX
  7. NanoBitSplit

That is a very nice shirt Maggie is wearing.
  8. overunity

I was thinking along the lines of You and Jimmy posting a thread asking for representatives of each faction to ask to be included in the event once you decide which server you want to host that particular weeks FNO on.
    Based on the response you receive you can form equal sized teams and decide who will be in charge of the platoon for each faction
    Could it be possible to have a pilot episode with maybe a small segment of the show and see how it works ?
    And maybe Maggie and jimmy could do a breakdown after the event of what went right and what went wrong and possibly some hints and tips for the rest of us ?
    I do think that Maggie and jimmy should take the lead with this and set some rules because I cannot see sworn enemy factions organising and fair battle lol.
    The negative respondent backs up my suggestion to hold it on a private server in the future ,they sound like the type that stand in doorways manning a mana turret just to annoy the rest of the community .
    Unfortunately free to play seem to have more of this type due to annoying others costs them nothing .
    I do think something like this could make a big difference to populations on servers and encourage outfits to fine tune their skills with the aim of being number one and have a goal to defend that title .
    Any how I really appreciate your response and would love to see something grow from this to make what we got now better .
  9. St0mpy

woot, good fun on Miller, gatecrashing the party was a must do, couldnt let the NC take the crown and idk how many kills i racked with the launcher in Rashnu bio, we didnt even have a connection but we came anyway :D
  10. Raap

I sadly had to miss the action. Perhaps every so often a 'Friday Afternoon Ops' for EU timezones would allow more EU players to participate in the extra action... Although I'm not sure how much extra action there was compared to most days on Miller, as we usually population cap Indar and Esamir in EU primetime. :)
  11. Drsexxytime

"Why are pump actions so low"... I don't know, how about coming to your own forums for once and check them out instead of twitter, facebook, and reddit? Seriously, seriously frustrating anymore. It won't get through to you guys until you have to pull the plug on the servers due to costs and not enough people playing.

Glad to see (hear in this new SMG case, and just like the first SMG with it's special animations) the VS weapons continue to get "awesome" effects while the TR and NC guns are boring textbook animations. Maybe with the TR using traditional ammo is one thing, but the NC use Gauss tech in their weapons. I think you can make them a little more flashy.

Meh, I don't feel like replacing my door from me beating my head against it anymore, it's just easier to throw in the towel with PS2.
  12. Kardes

Ugg.. Yeah I facepalmed when the first look at the NC SMG was shown.... I mean heck it's a coil gun!!!

Coilguns are freaking cool!!! People make them in real life and they look bad ***! Then they show this thing with a fully moving slide... just uggg....

Give it some kind of cool glow effect or maybe a barrel effect that has heat fins that rise to cool as you fire longer.... or something... A gun that doesn't use a powder charge doesn't use a slide!!!!
  13. Flukeman62

STORY TIME WITH MBROOME
  14. nitram1000

Good episode last night, CONZ were badass, love fighting them on Miller.
    • Up x 2
  15. St0mpy

Agreed, if they thought that was busy at 2-3am they have no idea what its like primetime :D

Perhaps they (maggie/jimmy) could record some outfit sessions in the EU evening (PST day) one weekend or something when they dont have work commitments and re-stream it later on for the FNO crowd? Could do like an EU roundup and visit with a few of us.
    • Up x 1
  16. HuorCQB

FNO was awesome, loved being part of the featured outfit. awesome job. i think you guys are setting yourselves apart from the other games out there with the way you openly merge with the players on the game. *Thumbs Up*
    • Up x 2
  17. race23

18. Jaloro

Yeah, I don't want to be Mr. Negativity because I love FNO but I really did facepalm when Jimmy said that. If the dev in charge of weapons doesn't know why the next big weapon release is generally unwelcome, it doesn't reflect well on the Roadmap. Clearly the right people are not looking at the feedback at all.

Anyway, was still a great show, really enjoyed it. And yes, you two had better be in suits next week :)
  19. Drsexxytime

Oh yeah, I mean when he said that it really bothered me. The road map is just there to see what they're working on. That reaction he had was reallydamning evidence. Here I thought they would utilize that. Then again it is on their forums which are ignored like the plague by most of the devs. Even the community rep person said questions are void on here and only tweets count? **** with that noise. Get a rep that understands community.
  20. Luperza Community Manager

That is not what I said. O___O

I only meant that the questions for the Sneak Peek interviews would be selected from Twitter questions. That does not mean you cannot ask questions on our forums. If you noticed, Tom Schenck gladly answered some other questions in the previous episode via our forums. ;)
    • Up x 5