RECAP: Friday Night Ops - Episode 20

Discussion in 'Friday Night Ops' started by Luperza, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Luperza Community Manager

Hey everyone! Get a head start on next week's interview!

Start sending your tweets for next week's Sneak Peeks interview with Sharon Morris the Director of Customer Service at Sony Online Entertainment. Sharon manages live support operations on multiple titles and consoles. She also makes the tea because she claims she is British. ;) She's here to answer any questions you might have about Customer Service, so get to it! Tweet your questions by February 19th, 2013 at 11AM PST. Don't forget to use our hashtag #PS2FNO!
    • Up x 1
  2. zeta3901

what if you don´t have a twitter account? could you then send you questions to the relevant FNO thread?
  3. Luperza Community Manager

If you want it answered on the show, you have to send a Tweet. :) Make a Twitter! It's easy and fun.

You could also try to get someone else to post your question for you if you really don't want to make one. :)
    • Up x 1
  4. zeta3901

that sounds like a good idea, i guess
  5. Drsexxytime

After all, who would want to use the official forum of a game to post questions and comments about said game? I mean, in what world does it make sense to post about something on an official dedicated media site compared to using a general outlet of tomfoolery, tweeting about what you ate today and important news all mixed in one.

I mean whats with that road map topic of twitter and Facebook where it is basically buried under neg votes? It can't be that twitter and Facebook is disliked, not "fun", and people don't like irrelevant social media actions forced upon them?
    • Up x 3
  6. Duvenel

Is anyone willing to donate themselves to be the forum's Twitter Liaison?...
  7. Penassa

Beware [CONZ],

[SoV] most elite troops will be out. its operation payback time :D

<3 you guys
    • Up x 1
  8. Evilfish

And we expect nothing less! 'tis is going to be one glorious chaotic night of endless fun. :D
  9. emmae

If you give us as good of a fight as you did last week, then we can put on one hell of a show tonight.
    See you out there.
  10. IMTasty

I am sad to announce that apparently a lot of BRTD members have what some refer to as "jobs". I am greatly disappointed and hope that they will one day quit their unhealthy "working" habits so that they can play the game as it was intended, until 6am in the morning.

But alas, I still think we should be able to have some people on to annoy you. Personally I am gonna look out for Whis, he should be ashamed of playing NC, even if he gets paid. Look out behind you Whis, or you might never see the knife of justice and loyalty coming. :D

How many people are Conz gonna have on btw? I imagine 2ish platoons since this is probably a pretty nice event to show off? Might be a nice time for you to focus on neutralizing the VS with a good night ops! *cough* You know... just saying. :)
    • Up x 1
  11. Nature

2.36pm, just woke and still 12 more hours till we get to shoot some TR and VS? Ah god damn CANT WAIT!
    • Up x 1
  12. Osiris371

We should have a pretty good showing of people on tonight/in the morning. As for your troops doing this "work" thing....that's why you guys need freedom (and a not insubstantial corporate backing fund).

As for your suggestion of attacking the VS, we wouldn't want to further fan the flames of the "TR-NC alliance" conspiracy team spandex-barney have going on would we? Ok maybe we would....but we will have to see what cunning battle plans the leadership of the "fourth faction" come up with.
  13. IMTasty

Ah, so you're saying that NC is the welfare faction? I am sure I could find you a job at the nearest Auraxium mine, just ask. :)

Hehe, I am one of those horrible persons who actually do not mind the paranoid conspiracy nuts, find it pretty funny. But where does the whole "4th faction" thing come from anyways? I hear you guys mention it a lot on the forums, yet I never understood why you say it. Some NC inside joke or are Conz so free that you do not even take order from the NC? :)
  14. Osiris371

I believe someone had said on some forum somewhere (i personally haven't seen it but would love to find it) that there were actually 4 factions on miller, TR, VS, NC and Conz.

As for your claim of welfare state....nononono you guys are paying us, indirectly, by buying your weapons from our corporate funders making us capitalists. So i'm afraid i will have to decline your "gracious" offer of a mine job (somehow i question your Health and Safety protocols when it comes to.....well anything).
  15. overunity

Hello everyone ,
    I would like to ask Maggie and Jimmy if it would be possible to hold a competition during a future FNO with a reward of say station cash or items like hood ornaments /camo for the winning platoon if it works out maybe it could become regular .

Here is an outline for discussion .
    Jimmy and Maggie pick a server .(ideally in future events this could be a neutral continent that the participants are copied to and start equally )
    Get a platoon of VS,NC and TR .(maybe one outfit or filled up with players who volunteer )
    Maggie and Jimmy set a goal to be achieved ,example - the platoon controlling THE CROWN after an hour of play is the winner.
    Players on the different factions can help their representatives but the actual players that are in said platoons receive the reward and the rest of us can watch on maggie and jimmies camera and listen to the in game voice to see how the strategies are formed and executed .
    And the platoon members receive say 500sc ,FNO winner specific camo or certs . to show off until the next event .

I believe if the reward for winning were good enough the competition could inspire more players to build and equip their soldiers to play competitively and give current and new players a goal to achieve especially if there was a record of who won each week or even a leader board if the idea developes further .

I just want to plant the idea in the community and see what players think .

I know it would inspire me to at least maximise one if not all of my classes and give me more of a goal even if I were at the bottom of the league at least I could dream lol.

Once players max a character I would like to think there was more than flippin territory to aim for .

Thanks for reading .
  16. Luperza Community Manager

In order for me to do contests, I will have to get it passed by legal and all that jazz, so it will take about two weeks to set it up. If you all want to set up contests, I can EASILY support it just send me a PM titled "FNO: <insert event name>" and I'll get back to you. :)

That's not to say there won't be contests. I'm working on a few ideas using some of the information in the feedback thread that y'all have given us. Those will be further in the future though.
    • Up x 2
  17. McFly

Bad Idea. People helping you doesnt even get rewards, but only the "registered" platoon. Let me tell you something, I will troll you with sticks of C4 on empty accounts all day long.
  18. Luperza Community Manager

Huh?
    • Up x 4
  19. Nature

Just watched dota 2 international videos and super pumped up to kick some ***. If only SOE would have some tournament that was that awesome :( Planetside 2 on a big stage with SOE paying the flights and hotels for all the outfits attending. And a 1.6mil USD prize pool... A nerd can dream.
  20. sosolidshoe

If you're going to do contests, can you make an effort to structure them in such a way that you don't crap all over European players? Every MMO I've played that runs competitions has wheeled out some nonsense excuse for why 1/3-1/2 of their customers aren't worth being included in promo stuff, and said excuses are usually just transparent justifications for not wanting to expend extra effort.

EDIT: Also, have fun tonight [CONZ], it'll be fun to see whether or not you're on best behaviour in front of the cameras, or if you'll be up to your usual teabagging antics.